IGNORED

Bridgestone Thread

enduro
Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looked awful.

Yeah, picked a terrible place to stand.

I don't know why people always stand in drop zones. Whenever I'm at a live event I try and stand a bit deeper than the drop zones or shallow if need be. But these guys do shank the ball from time to time and miss hit enough where a ball can be sent flying anywhere. Especially on drives. Standing on the edges in the drop zone for drives is just a bad, bad, idea.

They didn't seem to be paying attention to the players, but was anyone yelling fore or somehow warning them?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
But these guys do shank the ball from time to time and miss hit enough where a ball can be sent flying anywhere. Especially on drives. Standing on the edges in the drop zone for drives is just a bad, bad, idea.

It's not a bad idea if you want to get close to the players. It's easier to do that if you can be one of the first people "at" the ball. With that comes some responsibility to watch for golf balls, sure, but I can certainly understand the fan standing near where the balls land.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll be there on Sunday...My first time going to see the pros. Probably gonna play on Sat. at the Legends of Massilon. Any pointers for a first timer at a pro event?

5000 9.5 Graphite deisgn ys6+ stiff
Insight 3 wood stiff
4 hybrid
:I10 3-w AWT Stiff blue dot
X tour 58, 54:VPNXT Tour

Let's go Phil and Camilo

Weapons of Choice:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: 3 & 5 Power Play Caman's
Irons: Rac'sWedges: Professional Open Series 690 52 & 60 degreePutter: Crimson Series 550Bag: Stand BagGlove: MLBall: JUICE

It's not a bad idea if you want to get close to the players. It's easier to do that if you can be one of the first people "at" the ball. With that comes some responsibility to watch for golf balls, sure, but I can certainly understand the fan standing near where the balls land.

The problem is that the players don't always shout when they hit wayward shots..the spectator yesterday was lucky to get just a knock on the head....it could have been a lot more serious.

On some of the approach shots it seems like the spectators get so close to the players...what happens if they shank it?..lol- that would not be funny...the stewards do a good job but the proximity is a bit worrying at times.

The problem is that the players don't always shout when they hit wayward shots..the spectator yesterday was lucky to get just a knock on the head....it could have been a lot more serious.

Yeah, I agree. I can't believe on some of those shots there's a 5' wide line the spectators make for the shot. One day someone is going to hit a terrible shank and take someones head off, lol.

Right, and I've stood there at certain times for that reason...but you absolutly have to pay attention. I can understand it I guess but it isn't something I'd find myself doing too often. The drop zones are pretty small areas usually and if you're hanging out in the divot areas or just slightly past, you're probably safe, or safer, since the ball carries and rolls a bit usually.

I'd assume knowing the hole you're on well an figuring out which side guys are trying to stay away from and standing there is probably smart. My personal favorite spot to hang out however is past the drop zone on a par 4 because you can see the drives come in and then get a great look at the approach and watch the putt.

It's always amazing and a great lecture on tempo to watch Ernie Els.

5i, 220 yds, swing smooth as silk.

If I could pick a swing, it would be his.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

Tiger made his move and Paddy keeps making birdies. I hope Clark and Kelly doesn't move past Tiger today so we get Tiger vs Paddy tomorrow. That would be cool.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I am still amazed by the Tiger. I placed a bet on him after he shot 70 yesterday. Today he makes 65, I love it... I can`t wait for tomorrow.

Who do you guys think will win? I am still rooting for Tiger all the way. You might consider me boring, but I don`t like Harrington that much. He is too unstable.

I have made one hole in one this far. While you are reading this, I am most likely out on the tee trying to sink another one

I think it will be Tiger or Paddy. Incredible stats by Paddy this year. Not a single win and not a single top 10 finish, and now he's in the lead at the WCG.

I am still amazed by the Tiger. I placed a bet on him after he shot 70 yesterday. Today he makes 65, I love it... I can`t wait for tomorrow.

ye, tiger will win tomorrow but paddy's turn around has been awesome so far!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Harrington has that glazed look in his eye when he's eyeing down an iron torpedoed at the flag (even on 16 when he took bogey).

He's never been beaten when he's that focused. Really looking forward to it - he's beaten Tiger going down the stretch before and that was before he won 3 majors.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Paddy is going through those swing changes..
Tomorrow depends on if they hold up under the pressure.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Paddy is going through those swing changes..

Couldn't agree more.

He got real loose with his driver in the middle of his round today but recovered nicely. Plus, he and Tim didn't exactly have much of a gallery following them today. That will be different tomorrow. If I had to bet, I'd say he shoots 74 tomorrow. And Tiger, aside from his last 6 or 7 holes today, was still missing putts and catching some unlucky breaks on approaches - he rarely goes 4 days without putting it all together. And got pretty firsky pulling driver a little more today and finding the fairway with it. If he puts the ball in play with the driver - he's had a huge advantage.....he pretty much gave everyone a 30 yard advantage off the tees by hitting 3W for the first 45 holes and he's in the final group. Unbelievable.

Tim Clark took a 2 stroke penalty after yesterday's round for not replacing his ball correctly at the 16th green. He's fallen to T14.

Harrington's GIR% is ten points better than Tiger's, wonder if that may be a factor tomorrow. (probably not)

Interesting that this course does not give up eagles very easily (wet conditions?). The only player in the top ten to score an eagle in the last 3 rounds is Zach Johnson yesterday at the par5 2nd hole.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!