IGNORED

Bridgestone Thread

enduro

Note: This thread is 4459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the question will be: can Harrington's new swing hold up under pressure?

If he can keep it under control then I say he will win. If he shoots an even round or worse, I think Tiger will shoot a 3 under to force a playoff.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that this course does not give up eagles very easily (wet conditions?). The only player in the top ten to score an eagle in the last 3 rounds is Zach Johnson yesterday at the par5 2nd hole.

First of all, there are only two par fives, one of them being 667 yards long. With a 360 tee shot you still got 307 yards left. I know JB Holmes has reached it in two and made birdie. According to Shot Tracker, he drove it 393 yards, hit his second 242 to 7 yards from the hole. Only a couple of players can do this. Sergio can, but should he reach the green in two, he still have to make the putt, and we all know how good a putter Sergio is. He drove it 409 according to Shot Tracker at the 16th.

The other one is 526 and reachable in two. There have been a couple of eagles, but this is still a tough course, you won't get an eagle for free. Goosen just made one.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Three shots gone, just like that in four holes.

Edit: And now he's in the lead, amazing player. He's played the first five holes incredibly.

He hasn't made any huge mistakes yet. Played to par all along. Only problem is he's playing against Tiger Woods, and he don't plan on shooting even par today.

Padraig has beaten Tiger before in final rounds so this situation is not new. But he's got to raise his game up another level to compete in this final round. Par won't do it.

Both Paddy & Tiger butchered their 1st 2 shots on 16 but Tiger's 3rd shot was phenomenal and Paddy's was ... well un-Paddylike. Paddy's 4th (dumped into the water) was even worse and more uncharacteristic.

Paddy impressed me with how he weathered Tiger's blitz during the 1st 5 holes. He stayed with his game and didn't press.

ye, because the fact that Tiger stuck it to inches had no effect did it!

Nope, it didn't. Harrington just hit a woeful shot from the rough and it's cost him the tournament.

A shame that Padraig has contrived to lose it rather than Woods earning it.

Yeah...Tiger never win anything, the other players lose it. Tiger just seems to be lucky being there when they do. Come on...

Note: This thread is 4459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!