IGNORED

Any of y'all not carry hybrids?

Note: This thread is 5343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not for me. Generally hit my long irons fine and to be honest, I can't stand the look of the hybrids.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally, the higher handicap a player have, the more likely it is the player is carrying one and the more likely the player will benefit from having one.

If you look at the replies in this thread, most that don't carry one are on single digits or up to 15.

Still, statistics doesn't matter to your own game. There are many players on the PGA Tour using hybrids. One of them being Tim Clark, currently two behind the leader on the WGC.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 3 weeks later...
i'm still persisting with my 1 iron which is a bit ridiculous.

I maybe use it once in a round and it's either excellent or awful roughly 50/50.

Is this a waste of space?

does anyone still carry a 1 iron? pros, ameteurs, anyone?

In my Bag,

Putter: a two ball copy
SW: Titleist vokey
GW: Cleveland 52dg Irons: Ping eye 3, pw - 3 & a non descript 1 iron.Woods: King Cobra 5wDriver: Titleist 360 TIn my Hip flask: Scotch

I have a 3 and 4 hybrid in my bag. I had just sworn them off, because I just can't hit the darn things.. Then, I played a round last friday and hit them great.. I'm thinking now that I might give them another chance.

I agree with the other posters as well, the feel and weight of them is very different.

In my Slingshot cart bag:
Irons: CCI 4-AW R-Graphite. Alien AG7 3-Hybrid.
Driver: Dual-Point 460 9* S-Fujikura Fit-On E.
Woods: Big Bertha S2H2 3w 5w.
Putter/SW: Alien AG7 Mallet/56*.Cart: Micro Cart.

I'm seriously considering one as a 2-iron replacement. I just had heard that they are not that great off the tee and I need to be able to pipe one 215-220 confidently off the tee when my driver is misbehaving if I am going to replace my 2-iron. I also would want to use it for those long shots from the fairway which have to carry that menacing water hazard on those long par 5s.

Right now, I am looking at the Bobby Jones 2H or 3H. If I can actually find brick and mortar store in Michigan that sells those, and, if after demoing it, I feel that I can accomplish the above two objectives, then I will bag one. I will not get rid of my 3-iron, though. Never.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

i refuse to put a hybrid in my bag,money i dont need to spend on hook machines that look un apealling at adress..no thanks

Hybrids are no different from any other club. They are not "hook machines". Maybe what you have tried are draw biased, but there are plenty of them which are designed to play neutral and are even aimed at the better players. You can't lump them all into one barrel just because you had a bad experience any more than you can do that for all drivers just because you may have tried one that is draw biased.

My head pro carries a hybrid, plays a draw for his normal shot, and his hybrid doesn't draw any more than any of his irons do.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Not for me; don't like they way they set up and can't work them very well.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

I have a 23* hybrid that I occasionally try to use. I can't hit it for the life of me (hence it being up for sale in the marketplace).

Something about it being between an iron and a fairway wood just doesn't gel with me

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I've tried 'em, can't hit 'em. I have a set, would you like to buy them? Maybe I haven't given them enough of a chance, or maybe I need to try different models, but at the point that I can hit my short woods (5 and 7) or my long irons (down to 2i) much better I figure maybe I'm just not a hybrid kinda guy.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Anyone? Mine gives me fits... Some shots it's great others it sucks :(

I don't know if I've ever hit a decent shot with a hybrid in my life. They are supposedly "easier" to hit, but I've found I can pure a 3 or 4-iron way more often. Plus, there's absolutely nothing in golf like the feel of a pured long iron to me.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

If you can't "hit" a hybrid, it probably isn't the club as much as the person swinging it. I don't understand what is different about a hybrid swing to an iron swing to a wood swing. It's all the same. Different length shafts produce different angles, but that doesn't change the dynamics of a swing.

Hm... i guess im a new generation golfer, but i dont care so much about appearance and little things like that. so many people complain "oh it looks so clunky, or it looks stupid and etc" but the way they hack their 3 irons it down right embarrassing.

I love my TM rescue, it gives me the launch i need without exerting my strength, saves me from the rough, and gives me the distances i need.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

I go straight from my 5 wood to my 3 iron. I don't and never will carry any hybrids. I just can't stand them.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

I go straight from my 5 wood to my 3 iron. I don't and never will carry any hybrids. I just can't stand them.

Have you actually tried a bunch of them? Or any on the course?

I use to carry a 4 and 7 wood till I tried a used bin hybrid. Now I have 4 new hybrids and no more frwy woods. I hit my 18* hybrid farther than my 15* 4+ wood.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I'm new to golf, been playing only for about 2 months now. My club set came with a 3, 4 and 5 hybrid. At first, I was struggling with them and could not hit them for anything. I hated them, but did not give up. I went to the range and worked on them every week. Now, I feel like I need them more so than my irons. I hit all of them really straight, great height, great off the tee, fairway, rough, whatever... They work well anywhere probably except bunkers.
In the Bag
Driver: Sumo SQ 5000 460cc 11.5
3-Wood: 2007 Burner 15°
Hybrid: Walter Hagen T3 (-3 23°), (-4 26°) (-5 29°)
Irons: Walter Hagen T3 (4-PW)Putter: Walter Hagen T3 Mallet PutterBalls: GamerGlove: Dri-Fit Elite

I don't, but not out of choice. I just don't have a lot of money.

Driver: Adams SC-818 FC
Woods: Calcutta TL Plus, 3,5,7
Irons: Giant GX2 Oversized, 4-PW, GW
Putter: Tour Balance B-3P
I know it's not much but at least I'm having fun.

Note: This thread is 5343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!