IGNORED

Any of y'all not carry hybrids?

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone? Mine gives me fits... Some shots it's great others it sucks :(

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone? Mine gives me fits... Some shots it's great others it sucks :(

i refuse to put a hybrid in my bag,money i dont need to spend on hook machines that look un apealling at adress..no thanks

I do not use hybrids I use a 3 wood 5 wood... I dont like many hybrids I had one I kinda hit well but the weight throws me off..

I do not carry one. I put one in my bag when I first started and could never hit it consistently. Would be a great shot every now and then, but most shots were terrible. I doubt I will ever use one again. My low irons are arguably the most solid part of my game, so I have no reason to carry one.

In my Ozone stand bag:
Driver: 909 D2 9.5
3 Wood: MT-15
Irons: 1025-C 3-P
Gap: Spin Milled 52-06 Oil-CanSand: Spin Milled 56-08 RawLob: Spin Milled 60-13 Oil-CanPutter: AntiguaBall: Z-Star X

I resisted hybrids for a long time, but finally broke down and bought one today. I've been hitting my 5 woods really irradically off the fairway this year (ok in the rough) and never been consistant with my 4 iron, so I broke down and got a 3h Nickent Ironwood. Let's hope for the best!

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

no hybrid here
driver to 3i
although i do have a nice little 975F 4w i may re-shaft and place in the bag again
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I use five of the old Adams Air Assault Tight Lies fairway metal woods (3,5,7,9,11). Their faces are quite narrow in the vertical direction, so I think of them as 'sort of' hybrids. Does that make sense?

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

Love the feel of my irons, cant stand hybrids... to each his own though...
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Yeah, I am starting to dislike my hybrid. I used to hit it pretty well. But now I get a lot of varied results. Sometimes I'll really hook it, others It'll be a huge fade. It's strange. 99% of it is my swing though. Rarely do I hit straight, however.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm off-and-on. My first set of irons was 4-P,S, so when I started deciding to have more in my bag, I got a 3-hybrid that I'm iffy about. I recently borrowed a friend's Nike 3-hybrid, and loved it, so it went in my bag - and I bought a matching 4-hybrid. But for almost a year in between, I was using an MP 3-iron.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I honestly don't think they're as bad as they used to be, which is why I have a 20˚ Mizuno. I went back to a 2-iron a few years ago after hitting hybrids for a couple of years. Didn't matter what I tried to make them do I could never get consistency. So I gave up on them until I tried this one. Very versatile. Good from the tee, the rough, fairway bunkers, even good to chip with. But until I found this one, I completely understood why people didn't like them.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

I do and I dont. I change it up by weather conditions, or course. Windy days the 3 iron is going in the bag, clam days I take the higher flying hybrid out to play. I also switch between my 5 wood and a 2 hybrid for the same reasons. I have a 1 hyrid as well but hardly ever take that out because I love the 3 wood right now.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I haven't tried a hybrid, but I love my 2 iron and have no problems hitting it, so there's no incentive to upgrade. The courses I play encourage running the ball onto the green rather than soft landing.

When I eventually replace my olden-days irons, I'm going to have to get a hybrid because most manufacturers don't seem to make 2 irons any more

In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

I played one when it came with the gi set I started with. A couple of months later, I went to blades and tried playing with the long irons that came with it and had better success. The ability to work it more seemed more valuable than a high straight shot. I do hit pretty high already so I didn't need the extra pop.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hook mine like crazy. I hit my regular 3 iron a lot better.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

I played 2 rounds with one when I was struggling with my 3 iron a few years back, and hit it even worse than my 3 iron. It has earned a spot in the garage ever since.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

i always was pretty consistent hitting my 3i, especially off the tees. never hit woods well but hit one of my playing partners Cleveland Hibore woods and just absolutely fell in love. Went on ebay and bought a 3wood 5wood hibores. found a 2i and a 4i hybrid at a used sporting goods store for $30/piece so decided it could be a cheap test. loooove these clubs. i can hit them off the tee or off the deck or out of the rough. i can swing my 2i like a wood and sweep it and keep the ball pretty low to keep it controlled and i can strike the ball downwards like an iron and send the thing flying straight up. either way i hit it, it goes about 225. same with the 4i....have a pretty natural draw so i set up at the target and swing away...big sweeping draw that comes perfectly back online and drops like a rock from the sky at about 200yds. never liked hitting hybrids or woods before the hibores. my woods are the same brand/design as my hybrids so maybe thats why i hit them so well

I dont know what id do without them. Controlled shots over 210 yards would be impossible for me without a hybrid.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!