IGNORED

Attending the Final Round of PGA Championship - Some Questions

nbukrey
Note: This thread is 5361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please don't be one of the guys that wears his golf shoes to watch the tournament. If you feel you must wear them then go ahead and put a glove in your back pocket. One is about as useful as the other when watching a tournament.

I never understood this attitude. I've been to several Master's practice rounds and even my wife, who doesn't play golf, went out and got a pair of cleats. It's a pain getting up and down some of the hills. A lot of these courses don't have cart paths and not every one on this board is a 16 year old on a high school golf team.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

i feel like wearing golf shoes is like being "that guy" that wears the band's t-shirt to a concert ....

as they said wear tennis shoes, dont be that guy

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Having gone to the Wednesday and Thursday rounds, I can say that I think the buses are definitely the way to go, although I don't know if that will be the case on Sunday. You probably won't have to wait to get on buses to the course, especially if you go early, but you may be waiting awhile to leave. We waited for a bus for about 15 minutes leaving the course on Thursday, and that was before play was over. With everybody leaving at the same time Sunday, it could be a pretty long wait. Still, I would take the bus, but that's because I'm cheap .

No Cell Phones or Cameras. I went to the US Open at Bethpage this year and brought my Blackberry up to the gate. They check through your belongings and you have to walk through metal detectors. They will make you walk back to your car to return it.
In my bag:
Driver: Burner
Irons: R7's
Hybrid: Burner
Wedge: CG14 Putter: white hot

Note: This thread is 5361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!