IGNORED

Has anyone ever hit a ball back?

mhodar13
Note: This thread is 5112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If it was a blind tee shot, I like to tee the player's ball up high on a nice white tee.

Good idea, I'll try to remember that in such a situation. But of course a blind tee shot can be difficult to judge. Sometimes people seem to hide behind obstacles out there for no apparent reason, well after it seems they should have moved on up.

Standing near the green once on a par 5 contemplating my chip shot, someone in the group behind hit one right into our group and almost struck me. No word of warning, nothing. Maybe he really surprised himself by hitting a really rare one flush, I dunno. Anyway I picked up his ball and threw it along the ground back towards him. It came to rest over 100 yards from where he stood, no threat implied - just a clear message. For sure I wouldn't hit a ball back towards the golfer, that would be too threatening. Well, maybe putting one off of the green would work.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hit one back yet but I have hit a couple off into the rubbish for repeated driving through. Idiots.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Picking it up is chicken-shit and great way to start a fight if you wanted one.

Almost hitting someone with your tee shot is also a great way to start a fight

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

Id probably just hit it out into the woods if they clearly did it on purpose or if there's a water hazzard nearby, just hit it in there. To this point in my 2nd season of playing I havent had anyone intentially hit into me or even someone accidentally even come close to hitting me but i usually avoid playing a lot on weekends when courses are crowded, prefer during the week when less people are out so usually dont have to worry about someone behind me being impatient.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

• 8 months later...
Okay so me and my dad go golfing 1 to 3 times a week. Almost every time we're out (or anytime I golf with anyone else, for that matter), some a$$h*le decides to drive when I'm hitting my 2nd shot. I've already had 2 come within 2 feet of me in the past month, and of course, nobody yells fore. So, my question is, next time this happens, where they drive, clearly see me, and don't yell fore, should I tee the ball up and hit it back at them? I'm really getting tired of this to be honest. Anyone ever do this before?

LMFAO....

Hell yeh tee it right up and let rip. Lol! I had someone nearly hit me one day.....got the 3 iron out, back in the stance, hit a nice little stinger over his head. Hasnt happened since lol!

I wouldn't hit it back, for fear of you hitting it awfully. Imagine if you topped it, you would look like an absolute idiot.

Just take their ball, stomp on it, kick it into rough or a hazard. Simples.

Ben

Fair warning is important. Ask them to not hit into you after the first time. If they do it again anything's fair game. I wouldn't hit it back for the risk of hitting a poor shot, especially when agitated, thus taking the sting out of the point I was making. The Ball Stomp is very effective. I'd go with that or picking up their ball if it's a good one. As for those complaining the ball could hit them if you hit it back, so what? They obviously don't care if it happens to you.

:Acer: XF Leggera Driver 10.5* True Ace Death Stick 56g Shaft

Quick Strike Q4M 21* Hybrid and Q4U 24* Hybrid with  Platinum 60 Shafts

685 OS Milled Irons 5-PW with  Platinum 60 Shafts

:Killer Bee: NCW Wedges 52* 56* 60*

:TearDrop: Putter

I have done it in the past but I'm not sure it was that clever with hindsight. What I do now (unless ground's too hard) is stamp their ball into the ground so they have a good time trying to find it. Have also pitched balls into the nearest undergrowth. I HATE idiots that do this. Best option is probably report them but it's difficult not to take some sort of direct action.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

To the poster above,

woot! misty_mountainhop....LOVE Led Zepplin, and LOTR of course!

:Acer: XF Leggera Driver 10.5* True Ace Death Stick 56g Shaft

Quick Strike Q4M 21* Hybrid and Q4U 24* Hybrid with  Platinum 60 Shafts

685 OS Milled Irons 5-PW with  Platinum 60 Shafts

:Killer Bee: NCW Wedges 52* 56* 60*

:TearDrop: Putter

I think what I'm going to do is buy a bunch of those exploding golf balls and write on them "Don't hit into me". And then just switch it out with theirs.

or

If playing with a partner when they hit into you get one of you to lie on the ground writhing with the ball close by and have your partner hide and film it. Wonder if they would keep playing? lol

Only time i ever did that was in highschool when i had summer gym. This was because some idiots in our class decided to hit into use consistantly all day. It happened about the third time, he didn't find his ball.

But i wouldn't recommend it. Just tell him to knock it off. But what you can do it just take the ball. Don't give him any more ammo, and it cost him money now, good incentive to stop.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

WOW! I am amazed at the encounters that so many of you are reporting. I have played golf for more than 20 years, and can count on one hand the number of times that I have come close to either hitting into someone or been hit into. Most times, it wasn't close, but every time there was a sincere apology and mutual acknowledgement of the accidental nature of the incident.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

Meh, first time warrants a waive....

Second time, the old stomp into the ground trick...

Third, a nice conversation about how they aren't ever going to hit into me again....

Hole was a blind tee shot over a hill. We thought we gave the group ahead enough time. I was about ready to hit, when the person who hit before me had his ball come back at us. Thing was we weren't really that upset.

Hole was about 320 yards but with a ridiculous slope after 200 yard crest. I never get close to that green, but I guess this time I did because my ball was missing.

My brother and his neighbor, let's call him Dan, were playing a round. They were getting hit up on all day (the etiquette is really bad) and Dan hit one back towards the tee. I guess they caught up at the green in their cart and were really ticked off. Dan, who was crouching for a putt at the time, is 6'6'' and maybe 250 of mostly muscle. As the guy starting getting out of the cart yapping away Dan stood up. He muttered something like "awe it's not worth it!" and drove off.

It's so funny. I see more near fights occurring on the golf course than anywhere else in daily life.

Titleist 909D Comp 10.5º
Titleist 906F2 15º
Titleist 585.H 19º
Titleist 710 AP1 4-PW
Callaway X-Forged 52º, 56º, 60ºTitleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Titleist Pro V1x

The one time i was hit into when i was in plain sight i practiced chipping with their ball, of course the target was the near by pond.

On the topic of hitting into people my biggest issue i ever had was someone trying to get me to do it. I got I was playing with my girlfriend and this lady wanted to play with us so I assumed it might be a good idea for my girlfriend to play another woman. The first hole is a short little par four so i waited for the group in front to get to the green before i teed off. She got angry at the slow pace and told me just to hit into them. It was a weekend so of course play was going to be slow. Anyway i assumed she was just kidding, but she proceeded to try to get me to hit into them on almost every hole. Luckily i have played the course before and knew my distances and wouldn't fall for her bs. To top it off she would not stop trying to give my girlfriend swing lessons. If my gf can hit her 5 iron further then this lady hits her driver i wouldn't be giving out lessons. Needless to say i was very happy to find out she was just playing nine holes.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

I got hit in the arm last year while standing on the tee box from some one's approach shot to the previous green. I picked up his ball and was going to say something to him but when he drove up (it always seems to be cart players for some reason) he didn't even offer an apology so I kept it and didn't say a word.

Yesterday, on the 10th tee, I was in my driver backswing and some douchebag rolled up in a cart and slammed the brakes causing the wheels to squeak. I hooked the hell out of my ball but thought it would be safe to hit out. One of my friends made a comment to him but I just walked toward my ball. Never found it. There was a creek near where I thought my ball ended up but it was hooking so hard I'm sure it went in. I did want to hit one back at the guy at that point. Instead I played on and would watch this guy behind us. He was one of those club throwers. Watching his meltdowns were enough for me.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Okay so me and my dad go golfing 1 to 3 times a week. Almost every time we're out (or anytime I golf with anyone else, for that matter), some a$$h*le decides to drive when I'm hitting my 2nd shot. I've already had 2 come within 2 feet of me in the past month, and of course, nobody yells fore. So, my question is, next time this happens, where they drive, clearly see me, and don't yell fore, should I tee the ball up and hit it back at them? I'm really getting tired of this to be honest. Anyone ever do this before?

Yup, I've done it, it was a perfect drive right off the green (tee'd up) needless to say those guys didn't drive up on us the rest of the day

Note: This thread is 5112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!