IGNORED

Help me pick a bag... Ogio, TaylorMade, or Callaway?

Note: This thread is 5283 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm patiently waiting for my Syncro to get here. Deciding factor, my girlfriend signed off on the purchase because she enjoyed the plaid! Hey, works for me!

In the Syncro...

Diablo 9.5* S
Diablo 15* S 3 Wood
Diablo 21* S Hybrid X-22 5-PW X-forged vintage 52*, 56*MD, 60*MD / CG White Hot XG 330 (currently the #1) B330-S and TP Red

I owned an Ogio Grom for about 3 months, and while it had some really great features and looked fantastic I got sick of grip tangle. I sold it and got a Nike Sasquatch Tour stand bag. The Nike has plenty of great features too, most importantly the 14 full length dividers that keep each club separate.

I use the ogio edge from 08 and I love it. It's like a pound heavier than normal carry bags, but that's because it's pretty big for a carry bag and is more of a hybrid cart bag. The taylormade looks pretty cool too but of all the bags I've checked out, ogio seems to make the most ergonomically friendly ones. If you figure you'll get used to it, go for whatever you like, but again, ogio just thinks about all the stuff that will make the bag more comfy and easier to use.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the Ogio Edge - awesome bag if you're a regular rider but like to walk occasionally.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I had a look at a few Ogio bags yesterday, specifically the Grom, since so many people use them...

... I COULD NOT believe how cheap and flimsy the legs felt on that bag. Now I understand why people have complaints about the Ogio's falling over easily.

For my $$$ you can't beat a Sun Mountain bag.

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

I would go with the nike superlite bag. Its so light and very easy on your back. look it up, a lot of people don't know about it. Ogio and callaway bags aren't great for carrying. their more cart bags.
In my bag:
Driver: Burner
Irons: R7's
Hybrid: Burner
Wedge: CG14 Putter: white hot

You mentioned you have a Callaway War Bird bag now- I use the same bag and love it. I think the stand mechanism is the best design out there. It's heavy duty and works well every time. I have friends that use a Nike bag (cheap legs that bend constantly) an Ogio (too few pockets) and an off brand (poor construction). All are envious of my Callaway bag. I hate to think about the day that it finally breaks!
Bag: Callaway Warbird
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 9.5*
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 14*
5 Wood: Taylor Made r7 Draw ?*
Irons (3-PW): Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS GraphiteSW: Cleveland 588 56*LW: Cleveland 588 60*Putter: Ping Craz-EBall: Taylor Made TP BlackGlove: FootJoy StasofDate for a Day on the Course:...

Ogio is the best bag I have used for the $. I play TaylorMade clubs and their bag looks nice, but its probably at too much of a premium compared to the Ogio.

Decided to go with the Ogio Syncro. But also, I'm going to wait.

My only issue with my bag is the clubs tangling and the backpack straps. Everything else is without doubt... awesome. The backpack straps don't really matter since I don't carry often... I'm always throwing it on my clicgear. When I bought it I walked a lot so a cart bag was out of the question.

I was looking for another bag soley to have an extra bag for my spare set of clubs so I can get more of my friends into golf. I could either buy a super cheap bag for 20-40 bucks since it's really just for show... or I could get a new bag for myself and have two good bags to use. Since the callaway performs well... I figure theres no point having two stand/carry bags unless it was really worth it due to price/quality.

Syncro is on sale now.... and I'm holding off and should be able to get it at an even better price. take the money i was gonna throw at the cheapo bag and the price is even more tempting.

my concern about the syncro was the weight.... but i went and checked it out in the store and weight doesnt seem as much of an issue in real life as on paper.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

• 2 months later...
Note: This thread is 5283 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!