IGNORED

idiot rant

Jay-Bird
Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't touch a ball if it is on the course in a playable lie. Even if I am sure no one is looking for it.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

...talking while others are hitting...

when i was playing recently, i was playing with three other guys, and my partner (we were doing 2-man teams) would come over and talk to me while the other guys were trying to putt. granted, he was whispering pretty quietly and we were several feet away, but i still wanted to "shhhh!" him. he's about the nicest guy you'll ever meet, and i know he meant no harm, it was like it just didn't even occur to him to be quiet while others are about to hit. i tried to drop subtle hints by not looking at him while he was talking, and instead looking right at the person hitting, and not even acknowledging him really while he was doing this, but it didn't get through evidently as he continued it through the round.

good lord, where do I begin?

Today I get to the course for my tee time. They have an old guys tournament on the course i'm not playing. ok that's cool with me. little do i know, they packed all the idiots on to the course I'm playing. Lucky me.

I arrive on the tee box with my uncle (who i'm playing with) to find out a six-some has just teed off in front of us. When they are out of range I address my first tee shot. Now off to the right about 30 yards ahead and maybe a 45 degree angle is the 9th green. One of the guys in the group parked his cart literally in the danger zone if I hit a bad one so I backed off just in case to let them drive off. The guy shoots me an evil look and shouts something like "don't you roll your eyes at me boy! i don't know where the cartpath is!". I'm like wtf? somebody just had a bad hole. (didn't actually say this, was quite calm and laughed it off). I didn't do or say anything bad to this guy and definitely didn't roll my eyes. I was waiting for him to get out of the way and this is what I get? what a blowhard.

I hit my tee shot (a nasty hook) and drive up to my ball. Wait for like 10 minutes for the sixsome to clear. During this time an impatient threesome behind us hit on to us about 5 yards behind the cart b/c they thought we were being slow. helloooooo there's still 6 people putting on the green. it was a very eventful first hole.

The sixsome did eventually let us play through on the 3rd hole. We eventually encountered a fivesome some ways ahead on the 8th hole. Meanwhile I am searching for my ball in the right rough and the sixsome behind us is scowling at me while i hit back to the fairway. I wave like "hey thanks for waiting for me to play" and of course get no acknowledgment.

Meanwhile I almost got hit by two balls, on from another fairway and one from another hole while i was putting on the green. Of course no fores. I'm just like wooow, i don't care if you hit a bad shot and almost hit me if you at least yell fore or apologize for it.

Yeah it was an eventful day.

I am playing a round as a single and am joined by another single. The hole we are playing has a hole running parallel in the opposite direction. The other hole is shorter, with the green say half way between our tee box and the point we would be hitting our second shot.

If you're playing for money, picking up someone's ball is an ass-beating offense.

This is a very cool idea for a topic. I cannot say that I have any specific recollections of a time in which somebody just utterly violated course etiquette, but I do have a friend who is very new to the game, that shows very little respect when other people are hitting.

First off, I am new to the game. This is my first season of playing golf competitively, although I played a few rounds at the age of 9 or 10 for fun. The sad thing about all this is that people actually think that it is okay to act like that on the course, even if they are new to the game.

My friend, who is new to the game, having only played 3 or 4 times, talks every single time I am hitting, whether I am driving, hitting an iron, or putting. He isn't too bad about driving carts where they don't belong.

Before I ever stepped foot on the course, I had a little practice, and a decent knowledge of the game, specifically the terms and etiquette. This friend of mine thinks that wherever you hit your iron from, is the place that you are tee'ing from .

It really is sad to see all of these people giving new golfers, such as myself, a bad reputation. I am not a great golfer, but I am constantly studying the game, and taking a lesson whenever I can, so that I will not only get better, but be able to move through the course in a timely manner.

Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!