IGNORED

Why, John Daly, why?

jldavis73
Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, I didn't see him play today. I taped today's coverage as I was out practicing myself, lol.

At one point I felt the same way.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Canadians:

Did anyone see Daly totally snub Jerry Dee (sp) from The Score at the Canadian Open. I was pleased with John that day.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

At one point I felt the same way.

Yeah, I'm not his biggest fan - but I feel sometimes people REALLY overreact to what he does. He's John Daly...he does what he does, he's going to be himself...it's that simple. Like him for it or not, that's your choice but some people come on here ranting and raving (and with valid points may I add) but at the end of the day that's just who John Daly is.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Finally, people who dont love Daly unconditionally! All of his problems are self-imposed, ans i cant feel bad for him for it. Millions of people would love to have his ability, and he throws it all away!!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He's a quitter, and i cant respect him for that. I dont care if he is himself, himself is a quitter.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I defended him a couple weeks ago. now I regret it. Watching him smashing short putts into the hole (and missing one) was disgusting. He needs an attitude adjustment.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

• Administrator
Hmm. I'm behind, and watching the coverage on my DVR, and he JUST made eagle on some par five when I got to this thread. Just now. Freakish.

Needless to say, I guess something happens in the next few holes?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Some ugly putting happens.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

He's a quitter, and i cant respect him for that. I dont care if he is himself, himself is a quitter.

very true... Ken Venturi once said that anyone can quit because quitting takes no talent... Daly needs to go away and keep drinking... how can anyone respect this guy? freaking ridiculous... complete douche... do you think he has an excuse book in his golf bag? bad back, yeah right, bad back my ass, he just sucks

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Hmm. I'm behind, and watching the coverage on my DVR, and he JUST made eagle on some par five when I got to this thread. Just now. Freakish.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I was reading this thread, because as I said, I taped the coverage.

What happened to him really WASN'T that bad as people in this thread act like it was...the putts he missed weren't THAT close. Yes, he should've taken more time for sure, but it's not like he was out there just topping shot after shot or something. It was like two real bad putts, that's it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Finally people are catching on. He has been given second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth... chances and because of his 'everyman' personallity he has gotten away with this crap again and again.

He is not an everyman. No one has gotten the opportunities he has and pissed them away as much as he has. He is pathetic and he is bad for golf. Everyone cross your fingers and hopes he makes another mistake soon so Finchem can ban his ass again.

Finally people are catching on. He has been given second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth... chances and because of his 'everyman' personallity he has gotten away with this crap again and again.

What has he gotten away with? I've read he's been working hard to get his game back. He's lost 80 lbs in 4 months...he's tried to get into shape.

I don't know where you people get your information, but it confuses me. So he was careless on a few short putts, if those putts drop no one is even talking about this right now. He didn't even play THAT badly today. Like I've said numerous times in this thread...I'm not a huge John Daly fan. I enjoy watching him play GOOD golf when he's playing well, and I like the fact he has some humor and character about him... But I think some of you are real hard on the guy AT TIMES...I come on here and I feel like he just killed someone or something and he's gotten "2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th chances" from it...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

No, he didn't kill anyone. No, his score wasn't that bad. But he doesn't give a flip about it. THAT is the problem. He seems to decide "well, f it, I'm not gonna win anyway", 4-putts 18 and withdraws. He has ruined the opportunity for someone to compete that would CARE about the results, in this case Michael Letzig. It wouldn't bother me as much if he shot 93 and cried about it afterward, but his indifferent attitude is ridiculous. In a couple days he'll be interviewed and say he just couldn't go because he felt it "pop" on 12 and knew he had to be careful. Whatever.

This guy is just ridiculous! Gives up every single time he plays! Im sure he gave up half way through the round (barring the eagle which was lucky to get over the water) as he had 1 or 2 putts that he left way short and were like 10 feet wide!

If Youre Not Going To Try JD, Dont Turn UP!!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

He makes eagle on 13 or whatever and throws the ball in the water. What was that all about?

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

But he doesn't give a flip about it. THAT is the problem. He seems to decide "well, f it, I'm not gonna win anyway", 4-putts 18 and withdraws. He has ruined the opportunity for someone to compete that would CARE about the results, in this case Michael Letzig.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he gets an automatic spot in this event as a former PGA winner, so I'm not sure he is taking away a spot from someone else who would qualify through some other route. Your argument may apply more to a regular tour event, where he takes one of a limited number of sponsor exemptions and quits after one round.

Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!