Sign in to follow this  
Kingfisher

Top 10 Golfing No-Nos

Note: This thread is 3578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

85 posts / 22297 viewsLast Reply

A list of items serious golfers wouldn't be seen dead with. Some of this is sure to upset a few folks, but chill folks, it's tongue in cheek

Shorts
Golf isn't tennis and most golfers' legs aren't like Pete Sampas'. So cover them up please!

Towel Clipped to Belt
Just wrong. Like wearing a sporren without a kilt.

Novlety Ian Poulter Headcover
Why? One of the man is enough for most. Bet Monty hasn't got one.

Score Clicker
If you can't remember how many shots you've played, should you be playing at all?

Sponge Ball cleaner / Club Brush
Too many things dangling from your bag destroys all credibility. What's wrong with a towel?

Black Golf Glove
You're not Billy Idol, so don't do it!

Coloured Golf Balls
Another item only ever likely to boost the confidence of opponents

Ball Monogrammer
Why spend hours stamping your initials on your ball with a nut-cracker when you're going to lose it within milliseconds?

Ball Retreiver
Sends out alal the wrong messages about your golfing prowess to any opponent

Plastic castle / Fixed Height Tees
How are you supposed to vary tee height as and when conditions dictate with these fixed-height puppies?

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

A list of items serious golfers wouldn't be seen dead with. Some of this is sure to upset a few folks, but chill folks, it's tongue in cheek

Agree with most of them. Not sure about the shorts one and the black golf glove. I only wear pants during winter play. In a casual weekend round in the mid 90's, I'm not wearing pants. JB Holmes and Charley Hoffman might disagree about the golf glove.

That reminds me, I sent my ball retriever out to be re-gripped and almost forgot about it.

That reminds me, I sent my ball retriever out to be re-gripped and almost forgot about it.

that's damn funny, nice!

No shorts? Good golfers are good athletes. Good athletes have athletic builds. Maybe shorts are no good for your chicken legs, but shorts are not something a serious golfer would object to.

HEY! I don't want to play the local muni wearing slacks in the muggy summer heat. And I definitely need the brush. I don't like carrying around a wet muddy towel that slaps everywhere and can't get into the grooves quickly. I pretty much agree with everything else. Maybe not the colored balls. If I get stuck with a pain in the butt, I'll start letting him see a pink ball get inside of his more often.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i disagree with these two. first off, i have never, ever, worn pants to golf; always just cargo khakis. who says golfers cant be athletic and have a nice legs?

also, i have no idea what id do without my brush. a little saliva on the club face then rub it down with my brush; leaves the club looking brand new.

Did you have it re-gripped pro-style, with the grip logo behind? lol

No shorts? Good golfers are good athletes. Good athletes have athletic builds. Maybe shorts are no good for your chicken legs, but shorts are not something a serious golfer would object to.

Agreed, some of us are in good shape, my 1.87m / 200lb frame included - no chicken legs here.

Personally, I prefer to play in shorts given the tropical climate I live in. However, not all golfers are athletic, so brontosaurus or heron legs should be covered - at all times.

Remember...this is tongue in cheek and all of us will be guilty of at least one of these sins, so there's no shame

Just imagine coming up against an opponent who has all these 10 things - you've got him beaten before you even tee off!

Note: This thread is 3578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!