IGNORED

Alvaro Quiros

opie
Note: This thread is 5117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Corey Pavin said in an interview on Saturday that he played driver-driver on 11, too.

You sure it wasn't driver-driver-driver?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys know if Jack Hamm could put he would win most of the tournaments.......

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

You guys know if Jack Hamm could put he would win most of the tournaments.......

He could win them already now, but makes more money selling drivers.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

Alvaro Quiros.....POW!!!!!!!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I'm sure he's talented in other areas. Otherwise he wouldn't be in the PGA Championship. I find it amazing that he weighs what he does and hits it sooooo far.

He is surely talented IMO. He seems like he can roll a putt pretty well, but struggled with certain chips and greenside bunker shots. But that's just from the clips that I saw, not really entirely sure about his game as a whole.

Keep in mind, he is only 26 yro!! Plenty of time to work on his game. Just raw talent right now. Thing is, he doesn't overswing. Amazes me that he can generate that speed.

i suppose you as a 25 handicap knows what smarter is, right?

9.5* Burner TP
15.0* 3-wood
18.0* 2-hybrid
3-pw DCI gold
54.0* sandwedge 60.0* lob wedge 34" rossa daytona putter penta extreme golf bag and glove

And you as a 15 handicap, is just a god of golf as opposed to a 25 handicap. Maybe he doesn't get to play that much. You don't have to be good to be smart.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

My bad... I thought I heard he was 5'9" 160.

Your thinking of Camillo Villegas

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Why would you go there?

I'm sure he was talking about how Quiros got himself into some trouble and sometimes took too great risks. There are few long hitters that frequently win tournaments.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

And you as a 15 handicap, is just a god of golf as opposed to a 25 handicap. Maybe he doesn't get to play that much. You don't have to be good to be smart.

i didnt mean to poke fun at your handicap, i mean we're all pretty bad, other wise we'd all be on tour. It just always amazes me how guys who are 10 handicaps wanna disect how a pro plays. we couldnt even begin to really know what they need/dont need.

9.5* Burner TP
15.0* 3-wood
18.0* 2-hybrid
3-pw DCI gold
54.0* sandwedge 60.0* lob wedge 34" rossa daytona putter penta extreme golf bag and glove

• 6 months later...
I really like this guy's game, he's definitely stepped it up this year. He and Camilo are quickly and consistently coming into their own. Alvaro says he wants to play majority u.s. tournaments as the competition is higher and he enjoys the style of our courses. do you think he could be the next big draw for the pga tour?

People rip apart pros all over this site, for all sorts of reasons.

Pros screw up shots too, there is no magic way to consistently hit a ball perfectly 100% of the time I suppose.

Speaking of pros getting ripped apart on this site, hats off to John Daly for finally putting in a decent performance this weekend at the puerto rico open.

Yes, it seems obvious. But why don't we see it all the time?

You actually see it quite often. Many players will have a go with their driver from the fairway on particular par 5 second shots if there isn't too much trouble around the green.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Quiros isn't even the longest anymore...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Quiros isn't even the longest anymore...

Who's the longest doesn't matter much, all pro's are usually within 20 yards of each other. Brian Gay was paired with Dustin Johnson and Nick Watney last week and was about 20 or so yards back on the par 4's and 5's, but I think he played better in the first 2 rounds.

Quiros can absolutely smoke the ball if he wants, just as far as D. Johnson or farther. Both are tall guys with some serious leverage, as well as Watney.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Note: This thread is 5117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!