Sign in to follow this  
DrJeffDC

What is the best training aid??

Note: This thread is 4123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 posts / 1918 viewsLast Reply

Just heard about this new training aid getting set to release at the Las Vegas expo in September.

It got me thinking as to what everyone's favorite training aid was, and why?

Hopefully you'll list something that can really turn our game around.
Dr. J

I agree with the local PGA pro. You could get 5 different training aids and use them to perfection, but unless they are fixing a major flaw, it won't do much good.

That being said, when I took lessons, the pro I went to had every training aid made it seemed like. We only used one...the inside approach. I was coming over the top big time and this really helped me. It provided instant feedback if you didn't swing properly, and just by looking at it, it made you think about swinging in the proper path.

never used one
i recorded my swing the other day just to look at, not really for any "training"
never had a lesson either...guess you could say i have a "natural ability"

best training aid is something you might have lying around. A piece of PVC pipe, or a broom handle, and three golf balls. With this you can learn the golf swing in 4 moves.

I own 2 training aids that I believe are the best for my game. They are the 5-iron Medicus and the weighted Driver Maximus, both made by Medicus Golf.

I use the Medicus 5-iron mainly for tempo, and the Maximus for power.

best training aid is something you might have lying around. A piece of PVC pipe, or a broom handle, and three golf balls. With this you can learn the golf swing in 4 moves.

Gee don't throw out "learn the golf swing in 4 moves" then leave us hangin, lol!! Sum up the ol' how-to if you please...

Learn the swing in 4 moves? Haha...that's funny. It's like selling a can of hope.

My camera is the best training aid I've ever used.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A Mirror!!! it helps check your posture at setup, and at the top of your backswing. Once you get those down, it shouldn't be too much harder. Makes enforcing the fundamentals much easier. Just set up and check and do it over and over.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

An aiming stick.
A shaft pulled from an old driver works well. Before each round I put it down on the range before I hit my shots. If my shots are going off line I now know its not in my aiming, its something I'm doing in my swing, and I can correct it without second guessing if its my aim or a slight block or whatever.

My camera is the best training aid I've ever used.

I agree with this.....in collaboration with a set of knowledgeable eyes.

Note: This thread is 4123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!