IGNORED

Is New Era of PGA Tour just started?

PiustheDrGolf
Note: This thread is 5352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No. Not much more needs to be said. If I were a betting man, I would definitely not bet against Tiger.

Odyssey white Hot 2 ball cut down to 29"

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*
TourEdge Bazooka 20* hybrid
Powerbilt forged combo 3-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 56 wedges

Only time will tell if this is a new era for golf, but it will be very interesting to see how Tiger reacts to this! This is the first time in a Major where he was leading all alone going into Sunday and was directly punched in the face! The Rich Beem thing was totally different because he was coming from behind and had nothing to lose!

I did a tour in South Korea back in the early 90's and I can attest that South Korean's are both physically and mentally tough people, you have to be with 1 Million North Korean troops at your doorstep! So it's no suprise that a Korean took down Tiger!

The biggest blow to the tour since Tiger started playing was losing Payne Stewart. It's safe to say he might have taken away a couple of Tiger's majors had he still been around. Payne Stewart had "True Grit"!

Maybe this win for Yang will help the other players "Check thier Package" to see if they still have a pair!!!

Congrats to Yang! Great Win Man!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

The Tiger era is the first to turn the "game" of golf into a "sport". He caught the golf world with their pants down. The world has been tryin to hitch them up ever since. His prowess combined with the technological explosion made for a whole new ballgame. Everyone focuses on when he goes in with a lead, they fail to mention all the times he isn't even in the hunt. He is the best golfer in the world, AT THIS MOMENT. He will be surpassed, not by me lol, but it will happen. If you don't think so, think about Jack's soon to be broken records. Millions of people believed he would never be surpassed, but he will soon enough. I'm a fan of golf, not just a fan of Tiger. If your just playing to try to be Tiger, then well....good luck with that, lol!!

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

Is Harrington "over" because of his play on 8? Tiger finally got one of those seconds many, including myself, think he needs more of to approach Nicklaus' legacy. Maybe he'll be taking more top 5's if he doesn't win, but there is no way to declare a "new era" in golf just because Tiger didn't have his A game on Sunday. I still think many took his recovery and success this year for granted, it's still an amazing feat and look out next year. The scores Sunday showed it was a tough day and it was, I was there, and the course played hard. I think he was a bit "neutralized" by the par 5s, and he played the par
3s poorly by his standards. A bad day, he'll have more of them, but he's far from at the end of his era.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

The putts didn't fall... thats it. When the pressure was on he absolutely striped one into the 17th green... directly at the flag... and it carried 3-4 yards too far. tough break...

Tiger is still tops.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Just goes to show even Tiger is capable of one bad day with the putter.

Not holding my breath for anymore like it, anytime soon.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Tiger hasn't been the same since he got a wife and family. I'm not blaming him, because I think most of us would pay less attention to golf as a spouse and parent than as a single person. But he just doesn't have the same amount of time to focus on his game, and it's suffering as a result. He's good, but he's obviously not as dominant as he used to be. It's not a result of any of the players being much better, in relation to the past 10 years (even though Yang had a great tournament). It's just a result of Tiger coming back to the field a bit. A new era: yes. A new era as the result of other players getting better: no. Just my $.02.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

Yang's recent victory will usher in a new era on PGA Tour? No.

But its a
1. Turning point for Asian Golfers and Asian tournaments. The newly promoted HSBC-WGC tournament for one will attract more top level Golfers.
2. It will lend more credence to golf as Olympic event with more golfers in other countries.
3. PGA golfers will be beatable as golf is an individual sport. All things considered this is one level playing field for all participants irrespective of countries of origin.

We have seen Asian golfers doing well on the LPGA tour. For Asian Male golfers however they will have their opportunities on the World Golf Tour but perhaps not on the PGA tour.

Tiger hasn't been the same since he got a wife and family. I'm not blaming him, because I think most of us would pay less attention to golf as a spouse and parent than as a single person. But he just doesn't have the same amount of time to focus on his game, and it's suffering as a result.

I absolutely would bet money that his family situation is affecting his game. He would never admit it, but for sure he's not practicing quite as many hours as he used to, so he can put the kids to bed.

I wonder, does his wife, a former nanny, now need a nanny of her own? Did she hire the ugliest nanny possible, so Tiger won't be tempted???

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

I tend to agree with you, Tiger just had an off day with the putter and maybe even some of his distance control with the irons. This is not the first time he has had off day with the putter, just the first time on the last day of a major with him up by 2 strokes. If he makes those first two putts of the day, same old era.

I tend to agree with your tendency to agree with the other guy's tendency to disagree with the original poster.

There is no new era. Yang made us all go "aaaawwwwwww" like when fourth-grade girls see a cute puppy. Now Tiger will come out in the spring and literally devour anyone holding a golf club. If I get to Vegas before the Master's, I will put money on Tiger winning the 2010 slam. Seriously, he could when them all...check out the venues.

Tiger is still dominant. He has 14 majors. The next closest has three. He won five times this year. You can write him off if you want, but excuse me if I don't.

• Administrator
You're making too much of a loss on Tiger.

Yeah, holy illogical leap, Batman (OP). It was one tournament. And one day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No, I don't think a new era has started. We've seen this show, before. Rich Beem holding off an on-rushing Tiger at Hazeltine, Angel Cabrera holding off Tiger at Oakmont, Mickelson outplaying Tiger at TPC Boston while paired with him for four days, etc.

I agree. It's not a new era until Tiger retires to the next tour, in my opinion. Tiger didn't have his A game when he played Yang and we all saw that. When someone can beat Tiger's A game then it's time to think about it.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

I agree. It's not a new era until Tiger retires to the next tour, in my opinion. Tiger didn't have his A game when he played Yang and we all saw that. When someone can beat Tiger's A game then it's time to think about it.

Let's drop this "A Game" crap please!!! I'm so tired of hearing it!!!!! Either you hit the shots and putts or you don't! Tiger didn't on Sunday so get over it!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

One lost lead by Tiger in a major and you want to usher in a 'new era'? The PGA Tour still is, and has been for a while, and will be for the foreseeable future, a buzz of 'new challengers' all fluttering about one constant: Tiger Woods.

Wow...Well said, sir.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I would like to add that while many players seem to fold around Tiger, some haven't. We seem to forget the ones who have not. Many years ago, Bob May was unknown but played his butt off and never folded. Rocco was absolutely incredible last year at Torrey for 91 holes!

Not everyone folds, and some of them are just slightly outplayed. Just the same way that Tiger didn't fold Sunday. He swung the club very nicely, just couldn't get the putts to fall. If that was how YE Yang played, we'd be calling him a choke.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

No new era is starting, Tiger will still be the dominate player for a couple years. The young studs just arent there yet. Ak, Rory, and company might be there in skill level but not on the mental level.

Everyone is beatable, even Tiger. I'm not a Tiger nut-swinger but to act like its the end of his era when he lost once in 13 years when he had the lead going into sunday the world of golf is not going to be changed.

And I dont think Paddy caved to Tigers presence I think he dynamites under his own pressure.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Let's drop this "A Game" crap please!!! I'm so tired of hearing it!!!!! Either you hit the shots and putts or you don't! Tiger didn't on Sunday so get over it!!!!

No. There is such a thing.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

Note: This thread is 5352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!