IGNORED

Tiger not a gentlemen?

VardonFlyer
Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don`t remember the line of the putt,maybe Tiger was in his line. But, I`m sure Tiger was ready to get the hell out of there,so...... Does it really matter????

If you listened to the announcers, the premise of this thread is faulty. According to them, it would have been better for Yang to let Tiger putt first so that TW was not required to complete his match while a distracting celebration was going on (or conversely, to let Yang begin to celebrate without upon completiing his hole after Tiger had finished first). They said something to effect that Yang had been calm and in control all day and could be forgiven for this slight mental lapse. I bet TW would have preferred to putt first and finish up.

I saw nothing to indicate TW was anythng other than gracious in defeat.

The only thing I saw that Tiger shouldn't have done was walk off the 17th green and head to the 18th tee as soon as Y.E.'s par putt lipped out. Yang was forced to putt for his bogey with everyone moving around trying to catch up to Tiger.

Not a big deal, but bush league if you ask me.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

• Administrator
The only thing I saw that Tiger shouldn't have done was walk off the 17th green and head to the 18th tee as soon as Y.E.'s par putt lipped out. Yang was forced to putt for his bogey with everyone moving around trying to catch up to Tiger.

Yeah, those six inchers...

Fact is virtually everyone on the PGA Tour does this. To stand and wait would imply you think the guy might miss it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Tiger-bashers will always try to come up with something to discredit the guy. I've seen nothing but class and humility from him.

You mustn't have seen much of him in his early days a s a pro when he would

rate his game as B or C when he was winning by 5 strokes! Not a lot of humility there. But...I think he is a great sportsman and certainly a gentleman. And certainly more so in the last few years, but you could write the answers to his interview questions yourself and pretty much be word for word.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

There have been numerous time when Tiger didn't "act" like a gentlemen. However, I think the 18th green Sunday just happened and it's really a non issue. Plus, I was proud of how Tiger kept his composure all week long. I watched alot of the tourney and didn't hear an F bomb. I was proud of the way he lost. I think it'll do him good in the longrun!!....

• Administrator
I noticed that Tiger was playing with his mobile phone in the scorers hut after the round and did not talk to Y E Yang at all. I thought this was a little bit discourteous.

The guy doesn't speak English. What do you want him to do? Cripes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The guy doesn't speak English. What do you want him to do? Cripes.

Obviously, Tiger should have had a Korean language interpreter on-hand just in case Yang won so that he could have a friendly chat with him afterward. It's just another sign that Tiger is not a gentleman. Besides, he had to make that phone call to his supplier of "babies of the poor" so he would have something to eat later that night.

Seriously, though, it amazes me to what lengths people who don't like Tiger will go to fabricate character flaws. If you don't like him, it's ok, just say you don't like him. Looking under any rock to find something to justify your dislike is just...strange.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Looking under any rock to find something to justify your dislike is just...strange.

I agree. Too many conspiracy theorists. Somethings are just what they are. Most things don't have any "hidden agenda".

Oh by the way, they still haven't found the second gun man on the grassy knoll.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I am probably the only person in the world that roots against Tiger everytime he tees it up. Except in the Ryder and President's Cup. Now that's not his fault. It's the media's fault for trying to make him messianic.

I digress.

I listened to everyone of his press conferences and thought he was most professional. He complimented all the players on their play, Y.E. included. He also commented how Y.E. beat him in Japan. I think I watched all the coverage and didn't see anything out of the ordinary with Tiger.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

i honestly don't particularly see anything with Tiger to -dislike-, to be neutral is your prerogative but i don't see what there is to

'not like.' and it's comments like
I noticed that Tiger was playing with his mobile phone in the scorers hut after the round and did not talk to Y E Yang at all. I thought this was a little bit discourteous.

when the man doesn't even speak english that makes me dislike 90% of the American public ...

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

In all fairness, Tiger is rarely in that position to have to think about such things so it doesn't surprise me that he didn't finish first. But all you who think that people look to tiger-bash, it's not completely unfounded. I spoke to a former tour player who talked about how impersonal he is and how he doesn't take the time with the fans like other tour players. The fans are the ones who fill his pockets and considering how deep his pockets are he could be a bit more personable. But if you have to be that focused to win like he does then I guess that's just the way he's going to be. I don't think he's a complete jerk or anything but he could stand to be a little more "user friendly".

Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!