IGNORED

Do You Have An Official USGA Handicap?

ragontona
Note: This thread is 6475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do You Carry An Official USGA Handicap?

• Yes, I've got a card and everything!
    • No, I'm not serious enough to get one, and it's too complicated.
    • I use an online handicap tracker (unofficial index).
    • I just kinda guess what it is.

I've had one for about 3 years now, nice way to track your game, and some tournaments require a USGA Handicap Index to gain entry.

Driver: Callaway FT-9 I-MIX -Aldila VooDoo XVS7
Wood: Callaway FT Tour #3 - Fujikura Fit-On E370 X-Flex
Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid #3 - Project X Flighted 6.5
Irons: Mizuno MP52 (3-PW) - Project X Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Muria 54* & 60* - Rifle SpinnerPutter: Scotty Cameron Red X2Ball: Pro V1

• Administrator
I think Im too young to get one.

No such thing. If you can follow the rules of golf, you can get a handicap.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How do handicaps work in the USA?

Over here we use a slope rating system. See http://www.golf.co.nz

I find it an excellent system, my only issue is with the system of adjusting bad holes - here it adjusts to a net bogey, where I think a more realistic adjustment would be to a net double-bogey.

It's a great way to tack scores, and watch other people as well. We also book our tee-times through the site.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

OK that looks pretty much like we use, except the allowing double bogeys etc.

The way it works here is that if you score more than a net bogey on any hole that score gets rounded down to net bogey for hanicap purposes.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

OK that looks pretty much like we use, except the allowing double bogeys etc.

You can only get the net double bogey if you are a 9 handicap or under though. It scales upward as the handicap increases. A 40 handicap, for example, can still card a 10 on any hole.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Note: This thread is 6475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!