Bump-n-MI

Sonartec, Not Sure Who It Was…

12 posts / 4658 viewsLast Reply

but whoever kept (and keeps ) talking up the Sonartec fairway woods was spot on. I picked up a 15* SS-3.5 3 wood that looks to have been hit only a handful of times for $40 off eBay. Overall the club performs every bit as well as my G10 and better then my TM Burner (although the TM seems to cut through the rough better because it has a shallower face). Great sound and a penetrating ball flight…I'm sold !

Sonartec is one of the best kept secrets in golf. When they went out of business several years ago, all types of Tour Pro carried their fairway woods. Great buy!!!!

I have a Sonartec S001 15* 3W. It is a great club. Amazing, penetrating ball flight. The ball just rockets off the club face. I just replaced it with a Nickent 3dx rc 17* 2H. I can "work" the hybrid left and right better.

Sonartec makes awesome fairway woods, the best thing about them is when your using them off the tee. Like everyone else has said they have a much hotter trajectory, I found this to be problematic in the fairway as my ball would hit the baked fairways here in AZ and run too far.

Good find for an even better price. I remember I bought mine brand new for $179 and thought it was worth every penny then.

I bought a Sonartec GS Tour 13 degree fairway wood and never got on with it. When I struck it well I agree with all the above comments but I found it a little whippy and hit too many low hooks.

I'm pretty sure a change of shaft would have worked wonders but I couldn't afford it and have gone back to my Callaway Steelhead - which remains a wonderful club!

A Time Traveller checking in on this old post? Nope, just ROCN wanting to add to this topic. I had a 6 year layoff and recently started to play again. Happily the dust fell off pretty quick and now my chipping & putting are holding me back. Two things that have helped me though are two old Sonartec clubs I picked up two weeks ago. A little 2wd hybrid and 14 degree 3 we. Wow! They have put my Callaway FT 3 &  5 woods in the closet. The Sonartec 3 is at least 12 yds longer and the 2 hybrid blows past the Cally 5 wood 15 to 20 yds. 

Great clubs that I wish they still sold in America. Anyone else gaming these into 2020?

Ha! Welcome back!

Not gaming it but I have a Sonartec NP-99 16.5 four wood that I will not sell. Straight... long... consistent... not sure why I am not playing it :)

1 hour ago, ROCNBigDrives said:

now my chipping & putting are holding me back.

So welcome back i suppose! Now to business...i’m sure you know better than that..😉

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, BaggerVM said:

Ha! Welcome back!

Not gaming it but I have a Sonartec NP-99 16.5 four wood that I will not sell. Straight... long... consistent... not sure why I am not playing it 🙂

I know what you mean, these two Sonartec clubs will not leave my possession for years to come. At nearly 57 years old I doubted my abilities to hit them but the low price sold me. Thankfully, they are perfect! Now let's hope the "like new " Titleist 907 D1 I bought at Callaway Pre-owned last night works out as well. Happy 2020 everyone!

I play the royal collection (sonartecs daddy) fairway and hybrids. The ss07 is the copy to the rc’s I use. Have had them for over 10 years and they will not be forced out of my golf bag by a new club. They are solid, accurate, and looooonnnggg off the fairway and tee. If you can’t find sonartec’s look for RC on eBay. RC is the company that sonartec copied and purchased clubs from.  Great shafts too.