IGNORED

Golf Ball Retrievers...Which one is worth the money?

Note: This thread is 5359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, Im in search for a ball retriever that is worth the money. There are so many designs as well that I cant make up my mind on which one is worth the money. Im sure you guys have one, please share which one you guys use and how much.

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

Never owned a ball retriever.....but I always wind up using someone elses...

I saw a Callaway retriever in a local golf store that looked pretty cool.

The thing I liked about it was that it came with a headcover that made it look like a hybrid/utility club. Folks wouldn't recognize it as a retriever. I know this sounds lame....but I can't get warmed up to carrying a retriever...fear that every time I reach for a club it's there...looking back at me....grinning....saying, "You may need me soon...I'll be right here waiting.....there's water ahead".

It'd fit nicely where my umbrella now resides. The umbrella is a stupid piece of gear in my golf bag. I can only remember using it on one round.....8 months ago when I was walking and a storm blew over. The umbrella was more of a parachute dragging me back than anything else.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Well, Im in search for a ball retriever that is worth the money. There are so many designs as well that I cant make up my mind on which one is worth the money. Im sure you guys have one, please share which one you guys use and how much.

none are worth the money....

none are worth the money....

Bionics - swing for the fence then retrieve your ball. It's here!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

How much is one these days ? $20-25 ? If you loose a dozen or Pro V's at $40-45 per dozen and you could save them otherwise, assuming there not in 10' of water, it would pay for itself.

I know there are outhers on this board that dislike the idea of them, and some people use them hawking instead of golfing, raises the ire of many. I have a cheap one that telescopes down to about 18" and hides inside bag. Think it extends to about 6 or 8 feet. Good enough to get to balls visible in water or under a prickly bush, ect.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

People actually still use these things???

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

"The Ball Fetcher" It has an Adilia 96 inch VooDoo shaft and Winn midsize multi-compound grip. It has a great ball grabber thingy at the buisness end! LOL!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I sometimes have one in the bag and I don't buy golf balls anymore because i just find one hit wonders - mostly srixons and provs at my golf club and any balls that aren't real rice, i use for practice.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

You should get one of these game improvement ball retrievers. They have increased perimeter weighting, light weight shafts and jumbo Lamkin grips.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I don't like them only because my bag is cluttered enough. I like it when someone else brings one though :D
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

I have had one for a few months now and i must say, it has paid itself off many times. I only use it when the golf course is busy and I'm either waiting to hit, or the course is completely dead. I can't even tell you the amount of brand new balls I've found, but I can understand why people look down on them. I really don't care, their bad shot equals one brand new ball for me.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

One thing to remember, once a golf ball develops an affinity for water, that particular character flaw remains with it for life. You can't re-train it, no matter how hard you try.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One thing to remember, once a golf ball develops an affinity for water, that particular character flaw remains with it for life. You can't re-train it, no matter how hard you try.

And vise versa. When I was young(er), a couple buddies and I found some "baked" balls in a dry creek bed. The clay/mud had stained them and they all poor quality balls - very hard covers. We cleaned them up and each kept a couple for emergencies. Whenever one of us was losing too many balls, we'd announce, "I'm gonna hit a rock for awhile" or "I'm putting a rock in play". You couldn't lose those mofos. They always seemed to get a person's game turned around.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I never owned nor used one - if i cant get my ball out of the water with my iron it stays in! And the last time i sank a ball was like 2 weeks ago, so who cares about carrying dead weight around.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Just say no.....to ball retrievers.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

I have a ball retriever that I bought at Academy Sports for about $14.00. It's only about 16" long when it's closed and about 10' long when extended. It works great for getting a ball from a ditch or one that's just on the other side of a fence. It will pack away in a side zipper pocket on my bag.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!