IGNORED

Ryan Moore

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 5326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I heard on the Golfchannel to that the only thing he is paid for is for playing Callaways ball. He uses Adam driver/fairway woods and older Ping S59 irons, so not really a lot that Ping would pay him for.

That's very interesting and a refreshing point of view from Mr. Moore. I applaud him.

ITB
Ping Si3 10* Grafalloy Blue
Mizuno F-60 13.5* Exsar FS3
Mizuno CLK FLI-HI 17* Exsar HS2
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW DG S300Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58Bobby Jones 64Titleist Cameron Stainless Newport 2Titleist ProV1x

wear a Smedium when you need an XL

That's hilarious

My wife even commented on Mickelson the other day. "Why don't that fat guy buy some bigger shirts?" I like Ryan Moore's approach to the game as well. A good win for him.

In my bag:
Burner 9.5
G15 3 wood
Rapture 21
I-10's 3-PW Rifle 6.0 Vokey 56 Oil Can Eye2 58 Newport ProV1x

I heard on the Golfchannel to that the only thing he is paid for is for playing Callaways ball. He uses Adam driver/fairway woods and older Ping S59 irons, so not really a lot that Ping would pay him for.

Reading this has just made Ryan Moore one of my favorite golfers. I hope he doesn't change his mind about endorsements any time soon. Its nice to hear that he is so focused on the sport. With the millions he wins with his solid tournament performances, there's no real need to take endorsements.

I'll be rooting for him in future tournaments.

That's hilarious

First of all, Moore is not not that fat, especially by American standards. A few extra pounds yes, but he's no Baby Walrus. Second, that is the look these days as far as fashion. He wore clothes that were not too big and not some overly large, sloppy looking polo shirt with short sleeves that go down to the forearm and which you can put your head through. Ashworth anyone?? God, I remember that crap that Fred Couples used to wear. I hope he is now buying shirts that fit him properly. Finally, I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that he didn't have logos all over his clothing. That is, after all, the way golf used to be.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Another thing I wonder about Ryan: why doesn't he wear cleats? He definitely shot a 68 today with a pair of retro Reebok walking shoes on his feet.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Sergio, the poor ballstriker..is in the lead again this week firing a 65 in the first round and 2nd in Greens in Regulation...the guy is fun to watch

he's an amazing talent when it comes to ballstriking and scoring, regardless if he tends to struggle on the greens(especially on Sundays..). But, it says something that he puts himself in contention constantly to have all these chances to win.

I'm an optimist and try see the good in everything, and I'm pulling for the guy to start putting better and win some big tourneys..same way I'm pulling for Duval to make a comeback. I really dont enjoy seeing anyone struggle and get ridiculed.

Same reason I was happy for Ryan Moore, who by the way played awesome again today and is -3. His win last week could really catapult him and give him the confidence to get red hot. It's really fun to watch guys other than Tiger playing so well.

Ryan Moore is a cool dude. Read this... http://www.golf.com/golf/equipment/a...918628,00.html

• Administrator
Another thing I wonder about Ryan: why doesn't he wear cleats? He definitely shot a 68 today with a pair of retro Reebok walking shoes on his feet.

I don't think so. I think he wears Pumas or something. They're not just sneakers.

he's an amazing talent when it comes to ballstriking and scoring, regardless if he tends to struggle on the greens(especially on Sundays..). But, it says something that he puts himself in contention constantly to have all these chances to win.

Yeah, being 112th in the FedEx Points as of a week ago, he's really put himself in position a lot this year.

14 events this year, 3 missed cuts, and only two top-10 finishes. Only 5 top-25. I continue to think that Sergio's ballstriking is over-rated. Is he in the top half of guys on the PGA Tour? Sure. Is he the best? No, I don't think so. But it depends a little on how you define it too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's hilarious

Yeah, I don't get the new style. At one time he wore shirts a couple of sizes too large to hide the extra fat. Then he does lose a few pounds and gets in a little better shape, so he goes for the small size to show off the new and improved body. I got news for him, he ain't there. He needs to lose 25 or so lbs and tone up more before he tries for the Tiger look.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Well, as I previously stated...

I'm an optimist and try see the good in everything, and I'm pulling for the guy to start putting better and win some big tourneys..same way I'm pulling for Duval to make a comeback. I really dont enjoy seeing anyone struggle and get ridiculed.

guess its just the way Ive always seen things.. Reminds me of an old Teddy Roosevelt quote..

It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or when the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. Theodore Roosevelt

Note: This thread is 5326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!