mkrosal

Broken Finger

13 posts / 5279 viewsLast Reply

I'm a right handed golfer and just found out that i have a broken right pinky. I'm currently enrolled in a golf class at my university that is just starting today. I'm curious, has anyone ever tried to play with this injury? do you think it's worth a try or do you think it will mess up my game since i'm just starting out? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I'm not sure what kind of class it is, but if it's just starting I bet theyll teach short game stuff first and I don't think the broken pinky should matter. It might even help take any "handsy-ness" out of your chipping/putting.

It depends how you grip the club too. I overlap my grip, so my right pinky doesn't even touch the club, it just helps make my hands work cohesively.

I dislocated my right thumb freshman year and played later that week and through the spring. Not that it's that similar a situation, but I just took the splint off and taped it good. You should be fine. And if it hurts, stop.

Yeah it's a beginner's class but i'm not sure if we're starting out w/the short game or not. I usually use the interlocking grip just because i have pretty small hands but i guess this will give me the opportunity to try out the overlapping grip. I was thinking that it might actually help me w/working my hands too but we'll see.

Much better to have broken your right pinkey than your left. Right hand grip pressure is supplied by ring and middle fingers. I would not play through too much pain, but this isn't the worst injury for a golfer.

well i went out and played with it and i have to say i'm glad that I broke it. This was by far my best day at the range just because i focused so much on my grip. I used an overlapping grip with minimum grip pressure and it improved my ball striking tremendously!

well i went out and played with it and i have to say i'm glad that I broke it. This was by far my best day at the range just because i focused so much on my grip. I used an overlapping grip with minimum grip pressure and it improved my ball striking tremendously!

Nice! not so nice that you broke your pinky though...

Nice. I strained an abdominal muscle a few years ago right before we went on a golf trip and it helped my accuracy off the tee unbelievably. It kept my lower body from outracing my swing because I couldn't uncoil like a maniac without doubling over in pain.

Diamonds in the rough man, gotta watch out for them.

1 hour ago, Wenham120 said:

Broke my middle finger (right hand) yesterday and supposed to play today, i am a right handed golfer so can i still play?

I would not play. You can do more damage.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One good chunk and you’ll get your answer.😵

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades