IGNORED

Employment = Free Play??

kleraudio
Note: This thread is 1482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just put in a application to volunteer at the public course near my house. On the county website it says you just need to volunteer a minimum of 6 hours a week and you can play up to 18 holes (its a 9 hole course) a day for free. Nothing beats free golf.

that doesn't really sound like a good deal.

Around me, a round of golf is about $20 for 9 holes. figure two rounds that is $40. 6 hours of my time is worth alot more then $40.
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

• 10 years later...

Worked part time for 2 years at the course I live next to. Free golf and half price for guests but now new owners and you can only play Mon-Thursday so I think I’m done.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Employment = Free Play??

One of the courses I play, they let the employees play on Thursdays after 10 a.m.   Not a great perk!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

54 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

One of the courses I play, they let the employees play on Thursdays after 10 a.m.   Not a great perk!

Maybe compared to other golf courses, but if I got a free round or two of golf from my work, I wouldn't be complaining.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I work part time a local muni.  I am allowed free play and free cart at any time I can get on which is frequently.  I must admit I walk quite a bit and when I do use a cart I usually have a paying customer or two playing along.  When I complete my round with a cart, I usually wash it and get it ready to go again.  I feel they are giving me free golf and free cart, it is the least I can do. It's all good as far as I'm concerned. 

The course where I work allows us to play as much as we want whenever we want. Free range balls and cost or PUD pricing on all equipment. Its the greatest deal there is. You do have to make sure though that you aren't taking times away from the public, and on heavy cart days you can't take a cart, although I walk 90% of the time anyway so that doesn't bother me. They don't like all employee groups to take premium tee times, but if you have a paying player in your group you are good to go.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 1482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!