Sign in to follow this  
Bo the Golfer

LPGA Players Pose for ESPN The Magazine "Body" Issue

Note: This thread is 2433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

110 posts / 128398 viewsLast Reply

Originally Posted by iacas

Suzann Petterson's entry for 2012:

I saw the whole bunch of them on ESPN.com the other day (not just Suzann, but all the athletes) and I can't get over how confident these people have to be with their bodies.  And I'm not talking about the confidence to be seen in the photos (naked, but not 'exposed'), but the confidence to be seen by the people on set at the time of the shoot from some of the positions they put themselves into.  I admire them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This picture reminds me of a joke that I am sure many people here are familiar with.

A lady comes running into the pro shop and yells "my friend needs medical help.  She got stung by a bee! And she is allergic to bee stings!"  The pro asks "where?"  And the lady replies between hole #1 and hole #2!  The pro says "well her stance must've been too wide."

Mvmac... Looks like she needs to get the 'S' bend out of her lower back, and improve her stance by hunching over more to round her back, wouldn't you say?

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Mvmac... Looks like she needs to get the 'S' bend out of her lower back, and improve her stance by hunching over more to round her back, wouldn't you say?

Dunno... I think we need a face on shot to truly examine her.  I mean her SWING... yeah.

http://www.golf.com/photos/lpga-tour-beauties/veronica-felibert-putting

I am always surprised that golf mag puts out photos like this.  The Body Issue by ESPN is one thing--at least there is a theme of admiration of the fit athlete.  But this is just a shot up the girl's skirt.

Originally Posted by dsc123

http://www.golf.com/photos/lpga-tour-beauties/veronica-felibert-putting

I am always surprised that golf mag puts out photos like this.  The Body Issue by ESPN is one thing--at least there is a theme of admiration of the fit athlete.  But this is just a shot up the girl's skirt.

nah, they wear these little compression shorts underneath.  most of the time they are built right in to the skirt.  almost like a skort.

I like Suzann (no surprise there :-P)! Pixels: [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!][URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/293075/width/640/height/402][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/293075/width/640/height/402[/IMG][/URL][/SPOILER]

With the current state of the LPGA having trouble with sponsors, ratings and attendance at tournaments recently, it in no way surprises me that they would encourage any sort of attention they can bring to their tour and athletes.  Having been around the LPGA tour events and met some of the golfers, I think it is a great thing to bring more publicity and a wider audience base to a great sport that deserves more attention.

Originally Posted by burner

Bollocks.

She ran in the Olympics 800 metres final this evening and (deliberately, so the commentators openly inferred) came second. Had she(?) not delayed her sprint to the line she could have comfortably won gold seemed to be the gist of it.

Note: This thread is 2433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!