IGNORED

Drinks

ncates00
Note: This thread is 5315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a bourbon fan myself.

+1 but not just bourbon... most whisky.

Dalmore 12 yr is a great afforable Single Malt to start... Single Barrel Jack is good... Makers Mark and Woodford Preserve are both good... the better ones are best served neat, but on the rocks is OK for non-single malts and such. Good mixed drink with whisky that I made up... a Dick and Dew... George Dickel Whisky and Mountain Dew. Favorite mixed drink right now... Celtic Crossing 2/3 (honey distilled Whisky) and Baileys 1/3... served over ice. It is absolutely fantastic... called a Celtic Kiss, but most places won't know what it is. If you can find it try it... even if not a whisky fan. If you want some good beer... avoid Bud, Miller, Coors, and the other cheap mass produced American garbage. Sam Adams has three beers that are pretty amazing... Cherry Wheat, Octoberfest, and Blackberry Whitbier. Great Lakes Brewing Co. makes some good bears too... Eliot Ness and Edmund Fitzgerald are good brews. Labatt Blue is a good drink all day Canadian beer. And of course nothing beats a good Black and Tan or Half and Half after a round of golf... these are a mixture of Guiness and Bass or Harps.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do not drink and drive a car. it will ruin your life for ever and cost you over $5,000 and too much of your time.

if you drink take a taxi or have someone else drive that did not drink.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Bourbon or Scotch. Can't go wrong. The bartender, young and old playing partners can't help but give you a nod for your manliness and taste. Order it on the rocks or for more points, room temperature straight.

Enjoy being 21. It's like have a VIP pass to the rest of the world.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

I applaud you for your intentions to be classy with the drink. However, it may take your untrained palette years to truly appreciate a "classy" drink. I believe there is one drink for a man to drink that far exceeds all others in the sport of "class" - that being a single malt scotch.

That being said, a fine case can be made for any "top shelf" liquor - bourbon (Crown Royal), vodka (Ketel One), gin (Bombay saphire ), tequilla (Cabo Wabo Anejo or Patron anjeo ).

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

That being said, a fine case can be made for any "top shelf" liquor - bourbon (Crown Royal), vodka (Ketel One), gin (Bombay

Two nits to pick:

1) Crown Royal is Canadian Whiskey, not bourbon. 2) There's no such thing as good tequila Completely agree on Bombay Sapphire, at least for martinis. For gin and tonic, I prefer Tanqueray; it's too harsh for a martini to my taste.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Two nits to pick:

My bad.

I guess I couldn't come up with a top shelf bourbon? Maker's Mark, maybe. Just try it. Give HIGH QUALITY tequila a chance. Cabo Wabo Añejo is aged 14 months, it is NOT the tequila of margaritas and other $h17 drinks. Drink it neat, sip it and treat it like scotch. It's gooooood.

2) There's no such thing as good tequila

Oh, totally wrong my friend. There are a lot of great tequilas out there. You need to get something that is aged 4 or 5 years though. 3 years can work too I suppose.

I always see people doing shots of silver tequilla and it isn't made for that. It's a mixer (margaretti) tequila and sort of harsh and not rich in flavor. I'll do a shot but it isn't enjoyable. A good tequila is very rich and flavorful and will stay with you a bit. Very delicious indeed! I totally agree with you about gin. Tanquery is my favorite as well for gin and tonic and Sapphire for a martini. Anyways, I enjoy gin and tequila as much as ice cold PBR.

What would go good with an Arnold Palmer? I guess it would be similar to a long island iced tea, but, vodka, gin, tequila, and rum is a little much. I'm not much of a liquor drinker anyway.

That's called a John Daly.

I'll add a favorite actually. Vodka Gimlets are delicious. But it has to be a VERY small amount of lime in it. Enough to give it a slight hint of lime but not too much to be acidic or totally kill the vodka. I prefer it with a good vodka if the bartender can avoid using too much lime.

In fact, I don't mind it with just straight vodka, shaken with ice and then poured into a very small glass and then a like wedge or 2 squeezed into it. Ice cold vodka with a hint of lime. Oh yes.

I guess I couldn't come up with a top shelf bourbon?

I like Maker's, but mostly for mixing. Not so fond of it straight. I like Knob Creek and the rest of its small-batch family (booker's, baker's, etc) pretty well when I feel up to straight or rocky bourbon (increasingly rarely these days). There are a lot of other very high end ones, but I don't really think bourbon rises to the challenge of competing with Scotch, so I don't usually go for the really high end ones (not that I can afford either often, but if I happen to find myself with a chance for an expensive drink, I'll opt for the Scotch almost every time).

Just try it. Give HIGH QUALITY tequila a chance. Cabo Wabo Añejo is aged 14 months, it is NOT the tequila of margaritas and other $h17 drinks. Drink it neat, sip it and treat it like scotch. It's gooooood.

Oh, totally wrong my friend. There are a lot of great tequilas out there. You need to get something that is aged 4 or 5 years though. 3 years can work too I suppose.

Maybe so, maybe so, but I've tried quite a few and there's just something inherent in the nature of tequila that doesn't agree with my palate. Glad I ruffled a few feathers though.

Anyways, I enjoy gin and tequila as much as ice cold PBR.

PBR FTW!! If you're going to drink beer, you have to make a choice. Do you want good, or do you want cheap. Either extreme has compelling arguments in its favor. No sense buying a beer that's not really good AND not really cheap.

In the bag:

I'll add a favorite actually. Vodka Gimlets are delicious. But it has to be a VERY small amount of lime in it. Enough to give it a slight hint of lime but not too much to be acidic or totally kill the vodka. I prefer it with a good vodka if the bartender can avoid using too much lime.

Good call. Gimlets rock. I usually go 2 vodka (or Gin, nice for a change sometimes) to 1 Rose's Lime. Packs a lot more of a wallop than it tastes like it should.

In the bag:

PBR FTW!! If you're going to drink beer, you have to make a choice. Do you want good, or do you want cheap. Either extreme has compelling arguments in its favor. No sense buying a beer that's not really good AND not really cheap.

Exactly. I love beer snobs who judge beers like PBR. I enjoy great beers too. But I know I can't put down 12 pale ales in a few hours to get the party started. PBR and the like exist for a reason. Basically, really easy to consume alcohol that tastes alright with a few cigarettes. In fact, I just had a couple of these really good ambers and I think it's time to crack a PBR to wash it all down.

Good call. Gimlets rock. I usually go 2 vodka (or Gin, nice for a change sometimes) to 1 Rose's Lime. Packs a lot more of a wallop than it tastes like it should.

Tequila gimlets are very good as well. But, again - no crappy tequila.

Try getting a lime squeezer and using fresh lime juice instead of the high fructose corn syrup and green dye known as Rose's. I usually muddle limes for a gimlet, the drink looks great with little lime slices in the drink. Kind of like a caipirinha.

My margarita recipe isn't far from Jay-Bird's tequila gimlet: 3 parts premium tequila (my favorite is casa noble), 2 parts orange liqueur (cointreau, grand marnier), and 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice. It's my favorite mixed drink.

In my sack:

Driver: VR STR-8 Fit Tour 10.5 VooDoo stiff
3 wood: 909F2 13.5* stiff Diamana
Hybrid: Rescue 19* stiff3-6: MP 52 S3007-PW: MP 62 S300Wedges: 54-12, 58-8Putter: Newport 2 TeI3

Tequila gimlets are very good as well. But, again - no crappy tequila.

Never occurred to me but I'll have to try that. I can imagine a decent tequila with lime tasting pretty awesome. Thanks for the tip!

Note: This thread is 5315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!