IGNORED

Drinks

ncates00
Note: This thread is 5317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Try getting a lime squeezer and using fresh lime juice instead of the high fructose corn syrup and green dye known as Rose's. I usually muddle limes for a gimlet, the drink looks great with little lime slices in the drink. Kind of like a caipirinha.

I agree, fresh squeezed lime is the best. I don't mind Rose's and it'll do. But I had to admit, a bartender at a bar I go to from time to time makes them with fresh squeezed limes and they're pretty awesome.

And then you realize you're drinking straight vodka with some lime squeezed in it and it's smooth and you have like 5 of them and suddenly you can't stand, lol.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to "drink" to be classy if you are with the right woman.

A Seagrams Ginger Ale on the rocks will do nicely.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Try getting a lime squeezer and using fresh lime juice instead of the high fructose corn syrup and green dye known as Rose's. I usually muddle limes for a gimlet, the drink looks great with little lime slices in the drink. Kind of like a caipirinha.

Oh, no doubt it'd be great, but I take a gimlet to mean the drink specifically made with Rose's. It seems my memory may have failed me and the 2:1 may be a little heavy on the lime based on a quick google just now.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Oh, no doubt it'd be great, but I take a gimlet to mean the drink specifically made with Rose's. It seems my memory may have failed me and the 2:1 may be a little heavy on the lime based on a quick google just now.

I'm with you and think a drink called a gimlet is only made with Rose's lime juice. You could sweeten your own lime juice but technically speaking I guess it wouldn't be a gimlet. We'd have to come up with a new name for this superior drink. 2:1 is good with any good spirit, I always like the 2:1 ratio for spirit to mixer. It's all personal preference though.

In my sack:

Driver: VR STR-8 Fit Tour 10.5 VooDoo stiff
3 wood: 909F2 13.5* stiff Diamana
Hybrid: Rescue 19* stiff3-6: MP 52 S3007-PW: MP 62 S300Wedges: 54-12, 58-8Putter: Newport 2 TeI3

A properly pulled pint of draught Guinness...

Irish Guinness only though...the garbage served up in the UK that is brewed under license is just foul.

It wasn't until my first trip to Ireland and I had a real Guinness that I knew how good it can taste

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Since you haven't drank much I'd suggest bailey's (or any irish cream) on the rocks, white russians are good too.

A great beer that I've been into lately is Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. It's so good, I think I'm gonna have one right now

In my Ogio Carry Bag,

Driver Titleist 905S 9.5*
3 Wood Titleist 906F2 15*
Hybrid Nickent 3DX DC 17* Irons Titleist 704.cb 3,5-PW Wedges Adams Tom Watson PVD 52*, 56*, 60*Putter Cleveland Classic 1Ball Nike One Tour, Callaway Tour i

A great beer that I've been into lately is Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. It's so good, I think I'm gonna have one right now

Good man! The Dogfish Head brews are fantastic, although some of their Craft Brewed Ales are a little

interesting ! I'm heading off to the brewery in a few weeks time and met the founder at a dinner a few months ago. What a great guy!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I'm with you and think a drink called a gimlet is only made with Rose's lime juice. You could sweeten your own lime juice but technically speaking I guess it wouldn't be a gimlet. We'd have to come up with a new name for this superior drink. 2:1 is good with any good spirit, I always like the 2:1 ratio for spirit to mixer. It's all personal preference though.

A gimlet is not defined by using a specific brand name. That's silly. If you're ever in Chicago, go to The Matchbox. They make the best gimlet, with fresh squeezed lime juice and confectioner's sugar.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

APPLETINI'S WOOOO hahahahahaha

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

A gimlet is not defined by using a specific brand name. That's silly. If you're ever in Chicago, go to The Matchbox. They make the best gimlet, with fresh squeezed lime juice and confectioner's sugar.

Silly perhaps, but it's a fairly widely held view of the drink (Google or Wikipedia it). It's not THAT silly, since there are a great many drinks that call for specific ingredients... usually it's the liquor (e.g., a Kahlua and Cream), but sometimes it's a mixer (please don't make my rum and coke with pepsi!). Whatever the name, all the suggestions here sound good!

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Irish Guinness only though...the garbage served up in the UK that is brewed under license is just foul.

Thats why I said a properly pulled pint of Guinness!

On a side note,the Guinness you get in the small villages and towns outside of the major cities like Dublin and Cork is even nicer!

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Thats why I said a properly pulled pint of Guinness!

Couldn't agree more...stopped at many pubs from the Dublin airport to Waterford..alternating Guinness and Bulmers...Magners in the States. However, back on thread, I have a draft Guinness or Yuengling and a shot of Bushmills of Glenlivit after a round to either celebrate or drown out the poor score!

I love good tequila ... so I have a couple of tequila drinks I'll share. I don't know the "official" names of the drinks, so I just ask for them by the ingredients.

The first one is called "Charro Negro" and the second one is called "Paloma" 'cause it doesn't have the same ingredients as the Margarita.

If you want nice Tequila try to get the one that are "Reposados" those are the best Tequilas. I don't know the translation for "Reposados". But be careful, specially if you hadn't drink before... with 3 - 4 shots you will be done.
Jack and coke or sprite. I've always wanted to try a long island tea myself, sounds really good. Theres also a liquor that is made that tastes just like sweet tea supposedly.

Piña Colada. Those things are sweet! I love the Jack Daniel's, in fact I love Whisky and Whiskey but I take it with "mineralized water" (?) or in the rocks haha.

Now if you are into beer... try Corona, Modelo, Pacifico, Victoria, Indio. Around here we have something called "Michelada" this is... grab 3 lemons squeeze them and put them in a jar, then there's a thing called "Maggi Juice" and "English Sauce" (?) add some of those to the jar in a relation 1:3 and then add salt. It's the most delicious thing I've ever tried in my life, talking about beers. Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I'm a big fan of sours of various sorts. The thing to remember is to stay as far away from sour mix, either at home or in a bar. That is, unless you really want an over-sweetened glass of corn syrup and artificial color...

Nice! I was the one who recommended the easy style whiskey sour, and the old-fashioned. I'm too lazy to make the simple syrup, but you're inspiring me. Maybe I'll make some tonight...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!