IGNORED

Why Aren’t More People Copying Moe Norman's Swing?

Msokol13
Note: This thread is 889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have never heard so much bull from people that have no direct knowledge of Moe's swing.

I studied his videos and went out the next morning and literally hit the most solid golf shots of my life! I also hit my shots much higher than ever.

And, don't even get me started on how straight they were. I purposely hit two drives off of one tee just to see how close they came together. How about 12" apart?

The swing is so simple and I adapted immediately. I no longer stand over the ball with a dozen swing thoughts. I only have one.....tempo.

The man was autistic which, in most cases, includes genius. This genius is what enabled him to invent his swing. One of the brilliant parts of the swing was to eliminate the first move that Hogan made which was taking the club back 14" before taking the club upwards. Instead, he set the club 14" behind the ball at address and simply took the club up from the start.

It is a flat swing and therefore does not take divots. I use the same tee throughout the entire round. I shot 42/42 the first time I used it and 76 the next time. It just keeps getting better.

He had 7 double eagles during Canadian tournaments which gives you an idea of its accuracy. I have had 6 hole in ones with previous swings and believe I will have more with this swing.

I just can't encourage you enough to try this swing.

I haven't heard so much bull in one post before.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Add one more person to the list of those that have no direct knowledge of Moe.  They spout their negatives without anything solid to back it up.  I, my friend have the personal knowledge to back up my previous acknowledgement to the great Moe Norman.

Time for a dancing banana. :banana:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Add one more person to the list of those that have no direct knowledge of Moe.  They spout their negatives without anything solid to back it up.  I, my friend have the personal knowledge to back up my previous acknowledgement to the great Moe Norman.

And I call bullspit on any of your personal knowledge having anything to do with any of your other claims (to say nothing of the supposed personal knowledge itself).

I have personal knowledge of Tiger Woods' swing, and I can't do a damn thing about it or with it.  I have no idea what you watching some videos one night of the guy has to do with you miraculously hitting incredible shots the next day, and hitting drives to within inches of each other and thinking that's proof of something profound.

And don't get me started on the whole, "most" autistic cases including genius...

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'll play....

@discovery2020 how far are you hitting your irons with this swing?

I tend to forget that things come easy to me and that there are those of you that can not master anything that easily.  I apologize for my inconsiderate attitude and hope you can find a swing that does fit your abilities.  Those that can not tend to put down those that can.  It's okay.  I will continue to use this magical swing technique as others on this forum are doing and they appear to be doing so with success I might add.

The two drives 12" apart were witnessed by my fivesome and my 6 hole in ones are proudly displayed on my mantel.  Sorry, you find that threatening.  Moe's swing is the easiest technique I have ever tried, but then I have been giving lessons for many years and have tried all the great ones from Hogan to Trevino to Tiger to Fleck, etc.

Good luck to you in finding something you can feel as good about as I do this swing.

It is funny.  I have lost 10 yards on my irons, but will sacrifice distance for the unbelievable accuracy.  Moe was not a really long ball striker.  He always said he didn't care about distance.

I also am achieving more height with my irons which is something I wanted.

It is funny.  I have lost 10 yards on my irons, but will sacrifice distance for the unbelievable accuracy.  Moe was not a really long ball striker.  He always said he didn't care about distance.

I also am achieving more height with my irons which is something I wanted.

Nice...would you be able to post a video of your swing and explain the mechanics? I've watched MN's videos but he does not articulate his mechanics very well.

I tend to forget that things come easy to me and that there are those of you that can not master anything that easily.  I apologize for my inconsiderate attitude and hope you can find a swing that does fit your abilities.  Those that can not tend to put down those that can.  It's okay.  I will continue to use this magical swing technique as others on this forum are doing and they appear to be doing so with success I might add. The two drives 12" apart were witnessed by my fivesome and my 6 hole in ones are proudly displayed on my mantel.  Sorry, you find that threatening.  Moe's swing is the easiest technique I have ever tried, but then I have been giving lessons for many years and have tried all the great ones from Hogan to Trevino to Tiger to Fleck, etc. Good luck to you in finding something you can feel as good about as I do this swing.

Wow, I'd say the word "condescending" in the dictionary has your picture in it, but you never uploaded one for confirmation. [quote name="discovery2020" url="/t/29367/why-arent-more-people-copying-moe-normans-swing/90#post_1008721"]I sent you a video on personal message.  This guy speaks clearly and definitively. [/quote]Why wouldn't you just share it with all of us? If there is some secret, I'm sure we'd all love to watch it and discuss it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I just joined today thinking I could share with others something exciting that I discovered recently in Moe Norman's swing.  However, all I get is attitude and insults.  So, I will walk away and let you kids do your thing.

Your loss

I just joined today thinking I could share with others something exciting that I discovered recently in Moe Norman's swing.  However, all I get is attitude and insults.  So, I will walk away and let you kids do your thing.

Your loss

Those of us that don't have your talent and can't "master anything" will just have to stumble on along.

Jeez Louise, I wish we had credit cards in Canada. I'd totally pick up what Disco is layin' down.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!