IGNORED

Mid-price wedges?

wubskis
Note: This thread is 5326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a nickel 52* Pure Spin and am not fond of it. Pulled it out and replaced it. My 52 has no bounce and has a sharp leading edge. I hit it fat to often. Not sure if there all like that, but I would want to look at the club before I bought it. Most I've seen online don't list the degree of bounce they have. I have to say the quality is great less the grip it come's with. Mine needs replaced and has maybe 25 rounds on it.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

well I ended up picking up another Callaway X-Tour Vintage
they were a couple more bucks off yet, so i got it for $79 CDN
its a little higher bounce that my Vokey, but I will get used to it
i LOVE my 56 Sand Wedge, so i had to have another
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

C-H,

Vokey has a whole bunch of wedges - about six sole grinds, and lots of lofts for each grind.
Depends a lot on how much divot you take on your average shot.

Also, the Vokey wedge site @Titleist tells all about the physics of wedges, and what mix you might want for your bag.

http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/we...spinmilled.asp

Good entertainment for a rainy day...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im really really surprised only one person mentioned Hippo wedges...

I just got a 56 and a 60 from a friend...

They are forged and feel super soft, great spin, look rediculously cool, and cost very little money....

Honestly, its the only wedge I'll buy from now on...

Vokey's are really cool, but so expensive

Take a look at the hippo wedges!

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Yea man, and they feel sooo soft when you hit the sweet spot... They look really badass in the bag too, nothing on the sole of the club, just the nice finish!

You will like that club! Im a believer after using them for just one round!

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Yea man, and they feel sooo soft when you hit the sweet spot... They look really badass in the bag too, nothing on the sole of the club, just the nice finish!

Well, I placed an order for a 56* HWT earlier today, so I guess you can go collect your commission now

LOL, sweet! You will seriously love that wedge, and for the price, it absolutely cannot be beat... Im so glad my buddy gave me that wedge as I was thinking about dropping 120 on a vokey...

This wedge feels really nice....

Let us know how you like it...

What did you end up paying for it?

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Top Flite Gamer

Let us know how you like it...

I'll definitely report back on it, and I got it for £35, or ~$55. Not sure if that's a price you were expecting or it seems high, but everything seems to be a shade pricier over here, or when bought new at least

(For comparison, someone mentioned Nike SV Tours for ~$65 earlier, and the cheapest I've found them new, from a retailer at least, is ~$90. This country...)

Note: This thread is 5326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!