IGNORED

Swing Video, Give me something to work on

mc0388
Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dude, you've got an awesome swing and would take money from 80% of the golfers I routinely play with....assuming you can pitch, chip and putt and can handle a little trash talking and razzing.

Thanks man, When I'm clicking on all cylinders Im difficult to beat (but there are still a lot of players better than me). When I play friends for $, they talk all kinds of trash, but I just keep plugging along and rarely owe people (I like my game to do all the talking). If you do get under my skin, Ill usually lash out with a personal attack that will quiet the trash talk for the rest of the match (I can be very intimidating if I need to be). I typically putt fairly well (<31putts), excellent out of the sand, and green side chipping is fair - good. Im trying to find wedges that I am happy with (feel and distances), Ive had probabaly 10 wedges in the last year and havent found my GAMERS yet. Always a work in progress If this games was easy, no one would play it... Thanks again for the compliment

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

I typically putt fairly well (<31putts), excellent out of the sand, and green side chipping is fair - good. Im trying to find wedges that I am happy with (feel and distances), Ive had probabaly 10 wedges in the last year and havent found my GAMERS yet. Always a work in progress

I've gone through the same struggle. I'm starting to get in narrowed down, but I'm still tinkering. The only way I could make any sense of all the options was to break it down into two areas, all governed by my spin, trajectory, feel desires:

1. Clubhead * What kind of bounce do I want? * What kind of sole grind do I like? * Where do I want the weight of the clubhead? Some are toe heavy.. * What shape do I want? Vokeys are too square on the leading edge for me, Clevelands are too round 2. Shaft (Most important by far) * What overall shaft flex do I want? * How much do I like it tipped? When I got these questions answered, it was a simple matter of picking out the head/shaft combo that matched the closest. Unless you have your heads custom built, you probably won't find an exact match. If you know you have the closest match available to you, it's hard to improve upon unless you refine #1 and #2. That's why the overall goal in trying out wedges should be to delineate #1 and #2. Eventually, those won't change so much.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Your swing looks good to me overall. As far as keeping your head still during take away, I think of keeping my right ear still and it has worked for me.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Before anything else can be said, your grip promotes your fade and an inability to release the club. As long as you keep that strong left hand grip, you will always be a twister and not a swinger.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

Before anything else can be said, your grip promotes your fade and an inability to release the club. As long as you keep that strong left hand grip, you will always be a twister and not a swinger.

If I understand, you would like my left wrist weaker, by having the top of my hand facing the ground more?

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

More like have the back of your left hand facing the target at setup. But make sure your left thumb is slightly to the side of the shaft and not on top. Keep some seperation between your left knuckle and thumb.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

As for the grip, you want your hands to facing each other. To know what i mean, put them together, then grip the club.
The only thing that I see is that you have very little hip turn. This would lead to a slight fade and if you fixed it you would not only hit it straighter, but it would go farther too.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

More like have the back of your left hand facing the target at setup. But make sure your left thumb is slightly to the side of the shaft and not on top. Keep some seperation between your left knuckle and thumb.

Ive never had any one comment on my grip, sounds like solid advice to get the draw I cant ever hit...

Oops. My post got removed because of my youtube link.

In short...keep your head down a little longer in your follow through. Look at videos of Vijay...his head is down well after he strikes the ball.

Driver: Titleist 905R with Aldila NV stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 909f2 w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Club 19*
4-PW: Titleist 695cb
GW (50 degree): Titleist Oil Can Vokey 250SW (54 degree): Titleist Vokey Oil Can Spin MilledLW (58 degree): Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Scotty...

I have been clocked at 112-116mhp SS. My nature ball flight is between 0-10yd fade. My typical misses are a pull and when I try to get fast I do push the ball (although not that often).

When I stopped your down the line video it appeared that you were coming just a tad bit over the top. So that when your club face is square you get that pull. I'm guessing your consistent fade is the result of teaching yourself to hold off the club through impact. The problem with this is that its a matter of timing more than mechanics. I think you can go a long way to fixing this with your set up. On the down to line view you look pretty square except that your right forearm is noticeably higher than your left. I think if you can relax that arm a bit and have it even or maybe even a little bit below the left forearm, it will promote a more inside out swing path on your downswing.

But what do I know?

The more I look at my video and imagine doing some of the suggestions, the more I can see my grip limiting my movement through the impact zone. By weakening my left grip (have it face the target), it should allow my hands to 'clear' sooner, promoting the ever sought after baby draw.

Changing my grip and working on posture with a slightly wider stance shouldn't take too long to figure out.

Thanks again everyone for the critiques

not to be critical but try to work on your posture. your weight should be slightly more forward at adress and your back should be straiter. also your back knee is bent more than your front, you would hit it farther if you bent your front knee more or equal to your back knee. also swing easier.
if you want better ball flight and more backspin you have to get your hips and arms moving at the same time and always accelerating. try to take divots and attack the ball a little steeper. it seems like your coming in a little shallow.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

not to be critical but try to work on your posture. your weight should be slightly more forward at adress and your back should be straiter. also your back knee is bent more than your front, you would hit it farther if you bent your front knee more or equal to your back knee. also swing easier.

I was hitting balls 'thin' that day (not typical). I usually take a divot, although not a very big one with a 6 iron

I was hitting balls 'thin' that day (not typical). I usually take a divot, although not a very big one with a 6 iron

it should be long but thin. they actually say you can almost measure a player handycap by the measurements of their divots and how far after the ball they take and divot.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Not to beat this thing to death, but: I was messing around with my grip, I can keep my left thumb on either side of the club and keep the back of my hand face the target. What side of the club do your mean? and my 'left' knuckle?

Your left thumb should be slightly on the right side of the shaft. The side away from the first knuckle of your index finger.

Your left thumb should be slightly on the right side of the shaft. The side away from the first knuckle of your index finger.

I appreciate the time you spent on that video. Sounds like I need to weaken my left hand a bit and shift my thum position a bit. Thanks again

Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!