IGNORED

Swing Video, Give me something to work on

mc0388
Note: This thread is 5294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

both swings look really good but one thing I noticed is your hands on the driver swing are really close to your body. You should try extending them away more, this will help you with distance and control because it will allow your arms to get more extension creating more power. Watch tigers swing in slow motion on youtube his left arm is fully extended.

I appreciate the time you spent on that video. Sounds like I need to weaken my left hand a bit and shift my thum position a bit. Thanks again

Did Ringer actually make that video? If so, great job. Whoever that is sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Yeah I did make that video. It didn't cover all of the reasons why I advocate the left thumb off to the side, but it does illustrate where the thumb should be.

An even bigger reason for the thumb on the side of the shaft is because of where your thumb ends up at the top of the backswing.

Just for example, put only your left hand on the club. Now put your thumb directly on top of the saft (the wrong way). Now rest the club on your right shoulder. Finally lift the club up off of your shoulder and push your hands out away from your body. This is where your left arm and hand should be at the top of your backswing.

Notice that you instictively cupped your wrist. The reason is simple. If you try to flatten your wrist then you would not have your thumb in the right place to leverage the club and hold it up. Go ahead and try to flatten your wrist and you'll see that you will have to strain very hard to hold the club up.

Now put the club back down on the ground and take your left hand grip. Put your thum off to the side of the grip (the right way). Now rest the club on your shoulder. Finally lift the club off your shoulder and push your hands away from your body.

Here you will see that you instictively flattened your wrist.

That is the true secret of a flat wrist. Not just how to create it, but why it REALLY is important. If you have a flat left wrist then you have a proper placement of your thumb. If you have a proper placement of your thumb then your left arm has more control over the club. If your left arm has more control over the club then it can add more speed and directionality to the swing. Without this proper placement of the thumb then we rely almost entirely on our right hand making all of the proper adjustments.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

both swings look really good but one thing I noticed is your hands on the driver swing are really close to your body. You should try extending them away more, this will help you with distance and control because it will allow your arms to get more extension creating more power. Watch tigers swing in slow motion on youtube his left arm is fully extended.

I though your arms should hang straight down? Or is this just for irons?

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

Note: This thread is 5294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!