IGNORED

How in the World....

Note: This thread is 4312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a new golf, Ive only been playing for about 6 months. I normally shoot 97-99. Yesterday I played at Doral Red course down here in Miami and I shot an 83!!!!! It feels so unrealistic. I cant wait to play again and see if I was just lucky.

I hear ya. It's like my best 58 on 9. It feels great. This weekend at my scramble I wasn't playing so well though...:)

Good luck and keep it up. Don't get discouraged if you don't do as well next time.

I had a break through like that last year. After years of not being able to play because of medical problems I started up again. well, because of the nature of the problems I had to relearn a lot of the swing. Prior to stopping, my game went from the low 80s to the low 90s for no good reason. As it turns out, it was the medical problem effecting the grip of my right hand.

Anyway, after relearning to play, I went out one day and the ball starting going exactly where I wanted it during a 4 person scramble. I would tee up my ball, pick out a target and hit the ball right at it. The next time out, the same thing happened and then I went out to play and shot one of my best all-time rounds - 82. There is a post about it on the forum.

How all this happened is beyond me.Although I chalk it up to not being caught up in how far I hit the ball since my distance is forever hampered by my medical problems. Now, I can hit it a club shorter without feeling inadequate compared to my buddies.

Whatever caused the break though, I'll take it - and you should too. Don't get caught up in it and instead just keep doing what you did to shoot such a great score.

...........and congrats on the great round!!!

Well - things like this happen but unless you worked very hard on your game in the last 6 months - like hitting the course every day - its a lucky occurrence. I´ve experienced this myself and seen it with other guys. They fire this one low round (lets say 76) but after that, they cant even fire below 80 for 1-2 years - especially when you are new to golf.

Have a look at this - its the USGA Exceptional Score table and pick your odds http://www.usga.org/playing/handicap...eanstable.html

• 3 weeks later...
I am a new golf, Ive only been playing for about 6 months. I normally shoot 97-99. Yesterday I played at Doral Red course down here in Miami and I shot an 83!!!!! It feels so unrealistic. I cant wait to play again and see if I was just lucky.

The tough part is doing that 20 more times.

I started playing in March or 2008, and I recently posted an 83 (6 front 5 back - no birds no double bogey) round. My first score below my record low of 89 :) I'm still a low 90's shooter, come to find out though

Awesome job, isn't it great when all your hard work comes together.

When I have rounds like that, I find that I was just out having fun with buddies and the golf was secondary. Then all of a sudden, when the card is added up, I've shot in the low 80's. Too often though, I am concerned with the score and/or my swing and end up with a score in the low 90's.

Keep up the good work.

It happens - for me it kind of sucks that the first time I broke 80 and 90 was with a 79. It was great round helped along by the fact I was playing a Links course early in the year and the rough had not grown in and the wind wasn't blowing.

I still haven't broke 80 again, I sure I will next year as these days my scores drop a few strokes each month and I am a mid to high 80's these days at my home course. But is sucks that I already broke 80 once with an odd ball score. I guess I can still look forward to getting my cap down to single digets and breaking 70!

Note: This thread is 4312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!