IGNORED

What ball do you use

Note: This thread is 4919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

titleist pro v1 for tourneys, nike mojo, taylor made or callaway for practice rounds

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played all kinds of balls until I finally settled on Top Flite D2 Feels.

I've only broken 80 once this year - using one of these:

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I played a round the other day to compare the ProV1 to the Callaway HX Tour. The Callaways's are on sale at Sam's for $25.11 so I bought a dozen.

They are, for me, much better than the ProV1. But, remember I am a mid to low 80's shooter. The HX Tour is as long as the Maxfli Revolution Distance I normally play. To me, the Maxfli is a great ball since it's long and bites like crazy. A good shot with my X-18s will shave a little off the cover so they aren't rock hard like most balls with Distance in the name.

Still, the Callway impressed me and I'm going to pick up another dozen next time I go to Sams.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

After my 9 holes today I am officaly going with xl straight.I found one that was scratched up and I was hitting a dangerous shot but i hit it straight as an arrow and had the best hole of the day. Went and bought a dozen from the proshop after round.

DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

Pro V1x, but lately Ive been turned onto Taylor Made TP black. Cant really decide which I like better

R7 460 TP 8.5* Driver
Burner TP 3 wood
r7 Steel 5 wood
rac TP MB with FCM 6.0 shafts #4-PW
rac Fe2O3 52* 8*bounce Spin Milled 56.14* and 60.04* wedges Rossa Corzina putter ProV1x

I tried the top-flite gamer today and did not like them as much as the top-flite d2 feel. Think I will start using the D2 feels from now on. I love how they stick to the green!!

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Pinnacle Gold Fx Soft.

I really enjoy putting with this ball...as a serial three-putter, can't complain with all the ridiculously long one-putts I've been making with this ball!!

I want to try the Top Flite D2 and Gamer soon...been hearing some good stuff about them...

Picked up a box of Top Flite D2 Feel, anxious to try them out this week.

Whats in my  Stratus Stand Bag
Driver:  Burner 2.0 9.5°

3 Wood:  R11 15.5°

3 Hybrid:  Burner 2.021°

Irons: taylormade.gif R7 4-PW,AW 
Wedge:  xFT 56° and RAC 60° 

Putter: taylormade.gif Ghost Spider 34"
Ball: srixon.gif Q-Star bridgestone.gif e6/B330-RX

Used the Callaway Tour iX this past Saturday for the first time. Played very consistently with a ProV1x, at least IMO. Greens were super soft after rain Tues-Thurs, so hard to tell about roll, spin, etc, but hopefully the courses here will harden up a bit this week and I can test 'em again Saturday (playing in a 2-man tourney) and I still have the whole dozen!

Driver: R7 Superquad, 9.5*, Proforce UST V2 Stiff
3-W: 300-series, 15*, steel shaft
Irons: TP MB Smoke 3-PW (just got em!)
Old irons: rac MB 3-PW (might be selling soon?)
Wedges: CG-12 Gunmetal, 52*, 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport, 15g weights, 34", etcBag: Hoofer Lite (sun-faded...

One thing I noticed about the Callaway premium balls is they give pretty good distance to people with average swing speeds. I have very average swing speed but can still hit them 230-240.

I would rather hit one of these 240 and stop them quickly on the green than hit the Callaway Warbird 265 and have it run through the green. Especially since the distance balls don't seem to generate much more carry from my irons.

Still, the HX Tour is by far my favorite golf ball since I can get them for $25 a dozen at Sam's club.

Each time my wife goes there I have her pick up another dozen so I can build up an inventory and start playing them exclusively.

Otherwise, I also play the Maxfil Revolution Distance and Callaway Warbird depending on course condition. When I made my first post to this thread I forgot to mention the Warbird.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

I used to use the Callaway HX hot bite and liked the feel of them. Trouble was they would be shredded to bits after a few holes. Switched to the Bridgestone Tour B330 now and get a similar result without the wear and tear.

I am trying to figure this out, it seems I need an oldfart ball so I am trying DTs, Srixon Soft Feel and MOJOs; but I want to try the Burner balls too. One thing I want is a low ball trajectory; how can I hope the evil monkey will toss it back in the fairway if I go over the tree?

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Played the Taylor Made TP Red LDP today for the first time. It was a good ball overall, but I was hoping it would lower my trajectory a little more. It spun well off my irons, stopping a 5i and 6i in one hop and spinning back a foot or two on everything else I hit. Felt soft off the putter and didn't get torn up at all.

I liked it a lot, especially for $25/doz. If they went back up to $45, I'd probably just be buying Pro V1x again.

Driver: 909 D3 Diamana Blue
3 wood Ti Bubble 2
Hybrid: Burner Rescue 19 S Fujikura
4-PW: ZB NS Pro 100 S
GW: 51 VokeySW: 55 VokeyLW: 60 BeCuPutter: Red X3 or Del Mar 2 TeI3Ball: TP Red LDP or Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 4919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!