IGNORED

What golf style do you have?

wedge player
Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. what style og golf do you play

• Go for broke
    • conservative
    • mixture of both

I'm not sure what you mean. I play the shot(s) that I believe will result in the lowest overall score. Sometimes that's an aggressive shot. Sometimes it's more conservative.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It depends on the situation. I try to evaluate risk/reward, and act accordingly. Since I am not a long hitter (my driver carries 228 yards), but I am very accurate, I do not have many opportunities for birdies. So, when I am within 140 yards of the green, and the pin is accessible, I go for it.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I voted for a mixture. I let the situation determine whether I need to be agressive or conservative. There are times to go after it and times to pull back. Overall, I would say my play is on the agressive side with a constant mindfulness of not trying to doing anything stupid.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

As someone who is just starting after 10+ years off, I'm playing conservatively. The driver stays at home for now and a new 3 wood has complimented my bag. Decided to go for a 2h as well...not sure if it was the right decision, but we will see.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Im a conservative fairways and greens type of player. Ill get safe and just try to make a score on the green with the putter rather than with pure ballstriking.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

controlled until i get pissed.....at that point most of the time i do not play well for days after

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

I try to play the right shot if possible. When I get in trouble I feel confident I can hit through small gaps in trees so I am aggressive in my punch outs. When I am shooting at greens I almost always go for the middle of greens outside of 100 yards.

Brian

I used to be like that, I was actually way too conservative at times. Now, for reasons I mentioned earlier, I nearly always shoot right at the flag. To be fair, there are exceptions. Well, there is one exception - I will almost always take the shortest path over water even if it's away from the flag.

Something about hitting into the water that bothers me to no end.

However, I will cut the corner on every dogleg, hit 3W nearly all the time as my second shot to a par 5 and will usually try the flop shot after short-siding myself because I went right at the flag.

One thing I have to admit is when I play in a scramble I am usually forced to be the conservative one because I am usually the shortest hitter. That means I hit 3 iron for position on the par 5s, etc.

Same thing on some par 3s, I have to play the safe shot because I'm hitting 6 iron when my partners are hitting 7 or 8. Taking one for the team is part of the deal of being a short hitter.

In my Callaway Warbird X stand bag:

Callaway FT-5 , regular flex
3 Wood, TaylorMade Burner 2007, regular Flex
Hybrid, Warrior Golf 19 degreeHybrid, Callaway X 3H 21 degreeIrons - Callaway X-18 4-PWSW Cleveland CG 12 60 degree, AW Cleveland CG 12 54 degree Putter - Odyssey White Hot #2Ball -...

I play almost all match play...my style varies from hole to hole and sometimes from shot to shot depending on the villian and or my partner. That is part of what makes match play so much fun. I may attack a green from 230 on par 5 because it gives me the only chance to win...while the next day on the same hole, with the same shot, i may be hitting a 7 iron to lay-up...just depends.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!