IGNORED

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?

Danny Noonan
Note: This thread is 1648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Workday wrapping up shortly and I'm thirsty for a pint. Now what to choose...never an easy decision!

When in doubt, go with a Guinness.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When it comes to mass produced beers I love Newcastle.

Yeah, that's a nice beer. Unfortunately it's often skunky due to the clear bottles. Same with Heineken and Stella with their green bottles. All good beers just dumb bottling. Classic example of form over function.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

When in doubt, go with a Guinness.

Funny you say that. I stopped at a bar that didn't have a great selection of beers on tap so I ended up going with a couple of Guinnesses. Hadn't had one in a while but it's definitely a decent beer to keep in mind especially at places that are lacking in a quality selection of imports and crafts as Guinness seems to be pretty ubiquitous no matter where you are.

Having some Oban 14 tonight. It's jolly nice! This is a cool matrix for Scotch fans -- find out where what you like is on the map. [URL=http://scotchgit.bitbucket.org]http://scotchgit.bitbucket.org[/URL]

I don't understand some of these flavors, especially in the lower left quadrant. I see a lot of "iodine" and "salt" listed as flavors, frankly that sounds disgusting.

Colin P.

Oban 14. This is a great, balanced scotch. Very easy drinking! :-)

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I've been following this thread for awhile, trying to soak up some valuable information about scotch (the primary point of discussion in here). I've drank scotch on a number of occasions, but have never actually invested in my own bottle to take home and enjoy. And I certainly can't consider myself a connoisseur, as it seems many of you are. Anyways, I was in the liquor store over the weekend and found myself feeling that it was time... I started out with a cheap bottle, as I don't know much else than what I've learned from reading your posts (and of course I couldn't even remember the cheaper bottles that had been recommended).

Like I said, I don't know much about single malts. But I thought this one was pretty decent.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Another dead soldier!

Tends to be polarizing. Haters' tasting notes include burnt rubber, asphalt and gasoline. Me, I get sea breeze, smoke, tobacco and oak. Good value, too.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Another dead soldier! [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/92728/] [/URL] Tends to be polarizing. Haters' tasting notes include burnt rubber, asphalt and gasoline. Me, I get sea breeze, smoke, tobacco and oak. Good value, too.

A personal favorite.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

New meat!

Stretch.

Ice on the ground with a low of 14 F tonight.

It was 82 yesterday.

Welcome to Texas...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

^^^

That's good stuff. I finished off the Springbank and am having just one of the Talisker, I promise.

Stretch.

Someone "left" a bottle of this at my house. Never tried the Fine Oak version. I will report back! :-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Someone "left" a bottle of this at my house. Never tried the Fine Oak version. I will report back!

Send them my way!  All my house guests leave are dirty sheets and a vaguely bad smell in the guest room.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!