IGNORED

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?

Danny Noonan
Note: This thread is 1626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/93476/] [/URL] One of my favorites

My favorite...on the rocks.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Really?? In Canada, ginger ale and ginger beer are very different. Ginger beer typically has a massive ginger hit, kinda burns the nostrils.

Ginger ale is much less pronounced, something kids can drink, ginger beer not so much.

Actually, you're probably right but everyone tends to use the two names interchangeably over here. Not sure there's formally a difference but there're definitely some pungent versions and some that are pretty tame.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Good idea. Great way to relax after putting my 8 month old twins to sleep. The brown liquid in the test jar is an English brown ale I just transferred to a keg. Very excited for that one. Should be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.

Get those ice cubes outta there quick before it's too late!!!!! :scared:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Get those ice cubes outta there quick before it's too late!!!!! :scared:

Haha, I feel guilty when I put them in, but I still need my training wheels.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Haha, I feel guilty when I put them in, but I still need my training wheels.

@dsc123 instead of ice, just add a few drops of spring water. It will still soften the scotch a bit and open up the bouquet. Ice tends to carry a stale "freezer" taste that you don't want in your scotch and chilling the scotch deadens the vapours and hence the flavours. I actually sometimes steam my glass quickly with the espresso machine before pouring to get more vapours.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

A rather large Margerita this evening. Forgot how addictive they can be...

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Alright, Ernest. I'll give that a try. Thanks! :beer:

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

A cold Guinness along with today's obligatory corned beef and cabbage.

Later this evening.....

I'm not Irish, but I try to do my part!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

A cold Guinness along with today's obligatory corned beef and cabbage. Later this evening..... [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/94139/] [/URL] I'm not Irish, but I try to do my part!

Nice! Happy paddys day! Any reason to drink Guinness and bushmills for a night is good by me! Although I got carried away and drank 6 pints more than my usual 5!.. Again!

Gaz Lee

A new one for me from Tin Roof Brewing in Baton Rouge. A nice dark porter brewed with mocha and French roast coffee. Really quite nice.

Tyler Martin

An old one for me. Highland Park 18.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Still drinking the Speyburn 10. However, tonight I decided to finally @Ernest Jones 's tip about only adding a couple drops of water instead of my usual couple ice cubes... Well EJ, it seems that you may in fact know what you're talking about... :-P Much better for sure.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Enjoyed a glass of Macallan 12 the other night ... very enjoyable. An easy drinker for scotch. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/93533/] [/URL]

So I got me a bottle of this yesterday, very nice!! Some nice flavors going on, and only $52 in my neck of the forest.

Colin P.

So I got me a bottle of this yesterday, very nice!! Some nice flavors going on, and only $52 in my neck of the forest.

Nice!  I think Macallan 12 is one of the outstanding values in whisky.  I actually prefer it over the 18. :beer:

I put a little dent in this Saturday evening......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Still drinking the Speyburn 10. However, tonight I decided to finally @Ernest Jones's tip about only adding a couple drops of water instead of my usual couple ice cubes... Well EJ, it seems that you may in fact know what you're talking about... Much better for sure.

Now you're drinking scotch! :beer:

$52?? That's a great price. Macallan was one of my first real scotch love affaires. If you ever have a chance to taste the 25 year old, do it!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Nice!  I think Macallan 12 is one of the outstanding values in whisky.  I actually prefer it over the 18.

$52?? That's a great price. Macallan was one of my first real scotch love affaires. If you ever have a chance to taste the 25 year old, do it!

yeah, its really tasty.  not overpowering, and i like the lip smacking sweet undertones it has.

Colin P.

yeah, its really tasty.  not overpowering, and i like the lip smacking sweet undertones it has.

Yeah, it's finished in an old Sherry cask, those ones always have that nice sweetness to them. Another one to try in that category is GlenDronach.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Yeah, it's finished in an old Sherry cask, those ones always have that nice sweetness to them. Another one to try in that category is GlenDronach.

looks like thatll be my next purchase, my alky friend.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 1626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!