IGNORED

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?

Danny Noonan
Note: This thread is 1653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

Agreed. They are just cool bar pieces with more value as they are.  Not sure they are worth a lot but probably not that many unopened 50 year old bottles floating around anymore. Keep them on bar shelf for show with a more current version underneath for drinking. 

100% agree. Use them as "bar art". 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/28/2009 at 4:38 AM, Danny Noonan said:

Ordinarily, I only have a drink or two on Fridays or Saturdays, but today was a LONG day with two kids bouncing off the walls.

I am celebrating the quiet in my home with a small glass of Lagavulin 16. This is my usual drink of choice.

I wasn't a scotch drinker until about a year ago. I was tipped off onto The Lagavulin, bought it, and it is the best scotch I've ever tried. Love the stuff! Usually pour a small glass every Friday and Saturday nights. No ice, just straight up. Love it!

Anyone else enjoying the drink tonight?

- DN

I go to the pub every afternoon, but only have two or three pints. In the evening I only have a few glasses of wine. I know lot's of people who drink quite heavily though, and will no doubt make themselves ill as a result of this. 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

I've been enjoying a glass or two of red wine each night of late. It has been nice little routine to end the day. 

- Mark

4 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

I go to the pub every afternoon, but only have two or three pints. In the evening I only have a few glasses of wine. I know lot's of people who drink quite heavily though, and will no doubt make themselves ill as a result of this. 

Hate to be a party-pooper, but 2-3 pints plus 2-3 glasses of wine daily is pretty heavy drinking. 

Yours truly,

Captain Buzzkill. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

20 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Hate to be a party-pooper, but 2-3 pints plus 2-3 glasses of wine daily is pretty heavy drinking. 

Yours truly,

Captain Buzzkill. 

only if you a light-weight!

Sincerely,

General Homebrew! 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

9 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Yours truly,

Captain Buzzkill. 

That's my driving range warm up. Yikes not really. 

Dave :-)

On 6/29/2016 at 7:28 PM, Ernest Jones said:

Yours truly,

Captain Buzzkill. 

You sound like the UK government now. Until recently it was considered safe for men to drink the equivalent of 2 pints a day, and women 1. Now they say there is no safe limit, but 1 pint is reasonable. In Japan the government say 4 pints, and most of Europe is about 3. I say, BUGGER THEM ALL. 

In the UK if you visit your doctor with just about any complaint the first thing he will ask you is, how much do you drink, and do you smoke. Regardless of what ever the condition is, you are then told it must have something to do with alcohol intake. It's become an absolute obsession.  

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

3 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Did real well last night. Gym, then a lemon tea and a seltzer and bed. 

Doubt this evening will be anywhere near that healthy.

I sincerely hope not. You and I. and people like us, have a duty to keep an entire industry going, and we aren't going to do that by acting like children. My belief is that God invented alcohol to make us happier, so let's be happy 

Edited by paininthenuts

4 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

I sincerely hope not. You and I. and people like us, have a duty to keep an entire industry going, and we aren't going to do that by acting like children. My belief is that God invented alcohol to make us happier, so let's be happy 

I helped the industry quite a lot last night, birthday party for a friend. Now off to play beach volleyball and drink more. Idk if ill make it through the day. :-D

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Looking for interesting 4th mixes, booze and fam friendly if anyone has any good ones. Probably going to smoke a brisket if you have any wicked good pairings for that. Getting tired of Summer Shandy, I think the beer fridge is finally rid of it.

Dave :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight, I finished off the bottle of Larceny bourbon I bought because my mom wanted to throw a party for the Kentucky Derby. Of course, that means I need to restock my home bar!

I think I want to branch out to whiskies other than bourbon; any suggestions on what to buy next? I have a $35 gift card I received for taking part in a focus group last week; that's a decent liquor budget.

(In other words, do I want to try scotch, or do I want to buy a rye and drink sazeracs for the rest of the summer?)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

15 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Tonight, I finished off the bottle of Larceny bourbon I bought because my mom wanted to throw a party for the Kentucky Derby. Of course, that means I need to restock my home bar!

I think I want to branch out to whiskies other than bourbon; any suggestions on what to buy next? I have a $35 gift card I received for taking part in a focus group last week; that's a decent liquor budget.

(In other words, do I want to try scotch, or do I want to buy a rye and drink sazeracs for the rest of the summer?)

Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey is the bomb. 2 shots whiskey, one shot lemonade. I have 2 almost every night before bed.

3 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I'm fairly limited in bourbon and rye experience (I mostly started drinking it because Scotch didn't go with watching Justified on TV), but I'm a big fan of scotch.  

For $35, you could get a normal bottle of Glenfiddich 12.  It's a pretty good Speyside and was one of the first Scotches I drank and enjoyed.  They also sell it in airplane bottles if you want to try a little first.  If you prefer your bourbon in any style other than neat, please let me know and I'll suggest a different one. 

I'm having some Ardbeg Uigeadail for dessert tonight.  I do not suggest this as your first Scotch. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

7 hours ago, Shindig said:

I'm fairly limited in bourbon and rye experience (I mostly started drinking it because Scotch didn't go with watching Justified on TV), but I'm a big fan of scotch.  

For $35, you could get a normal bottle of Glenfiddich 12.  It's a pretty good Speyside and was one of the first Scotches I drank and enjoyed.  They also sell it in airplane bottles if you want to try a little first.  If you prefer your bourbon in any style other than neat, please let me know and I'll suggest a different one. 

I'm having some Ardbeg Uigeadail for dessert tonight.  I do not suggest this as your first Scotch. 

That's a good idea for Scotch as it can vary so much based on how much the grain is smoked by peat and where it's put in casks to age. Obviously barrels closer to the ocean will breath more salty air over time which affects the flavor. 

I'm a Scotch fan so I would say definitely pick up some of that and try the small bottles to figure out what you like. Glenlivet, McCallan are good 12 year olds that are pretty smooth. In General I drink my single malts neat and take my time with them and I drink blended Scotch (J&B, Cutty Sark, or Johnny Walker Black) with club soda in a tall glass with ice. The first two are light and crisp while the JW Black will give you more body. 

• 3 weeks later...

Alesmith Double IPA - Very good DIPA

Nice citrus notes with a little earthy/piney finish.  Making for a nice smooth drinking DIPA.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Enjoying a central waters scotch ale tonight.  They only produce it during June and it is amazing.  Ive kinda been on a bourbon barrel kick for a while. If anyone has one I should try let me know. 

20160726_200609.jpg

Sixpoint Puff DIPA, very good.  Unwind in Alexandria has it on draft, and I also grabbed a growler of the DC Brau Wings of Armeggedon.  Suhweet!!!!!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 1653 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!