Danny Noonan

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?

720 posts / 67618 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Jerry, other than your issue with Mike Strantz, I agree with an awful lot of what you say.  Sierra Nevada is my go-to.  We recently had a beer dinner at Stoneleigh sponsored by Sierra Nevada, but unfortunately I couldn't make it.  However, our F&B; manager just gave me a bottle of 5 different beers from the tasting to take home and try at my leisure, the only obligation is that I have to report back to him.  I'm thinking that a good american pilsener might be nice to have on tap at the club over the hot summer months.

Agree with the Sierra Nevada, we only have 3 beers on tap, which sucks, miller lite is always on tap, we've had the Starr Hill Grateful Pale Ale on tap all summer, I'm also really enjoying the Session IPA's, most have a great hoppy flavor but low alcohol content, which makes them a good Summer IPA.  They also carried a summer wheat by Forge, not my favorite but lots of others at the club liked it.  Their bottle selection is also lacking, but I did finally get them to carry Devils Backbone 8-Point IPA.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Will be enjoying a glass of Jameson Whiskey on the rocks after work. Done with this day at work.

Will be enjoying a glass of Jameson Whiskey on the rocks after work. Done with this day at work.

I feel ya. It's been quite the day. I've got a bottle of Glenlivet 12 sitting on the shelf at home. I'll be enjoying a couple glasses of that tonight.

Twomey - Pinot Noir One of the very few Pinot's I like

That is a great Pinot.

Having a Red Wine that I have not had before, very good.  Called Pitagora, from Coppola Wines.

Very smooth red table wine.  nice dark purple color, you can taste a little vanilla on the back end, light on the tannins.  Not bad for $20.

Picked up a bottle of Laphroaig 10 from the store today. I had forgotten how much I liked the stuff.

OUTSTANDING!

Trapiche makes some work class malbecs. All of Argentina does and there are actually some really good pinots from the region.

Trapiche makes some work class malbecs. All of Argentina does and there are actually some really good pinots from the region.

I'm usually a cab snob but my fiance likes Malbec, I picked it up and it's very good and I think I paid $14 dollars for it