IGNORED

How long is your driver shaft (thats what she said)

kjb008
Note: This thread is 4495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

46" Fujikura...

Driver: Ti460 with stock Fujikura G60 shaft in stiff flex
3W: SQ Dymo2
Hybrid: FT 20*
Irons: 755
SW: SV 56*GW: Vokey 50*LW: Vokey 60*Putter: SC Red XHome Course: Wildcat Golf Club

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently 44.5, but that will likely change (shorter).

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

44.5"

Been all over throughout the years, from 47" down to 43" playing around to see what worked and what didn't. Been steady at 44.5" for three years now.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Haven't read thru all the posts, are you talking about the "length of the shaft" or about what length your driver plays at? There is a difference.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

No TaylorMade bullshit with their 46.25" shafts. Maybe that's why they are so "explosive".

and hit HALF the fairways.

My shaft is about 43" but that's because it's a 40$ driver. I'll switch to a Titleist 909 (hit it much better) come spring time.

I like to use a shorter shaft, right now i have a nike sq driver with a mitsubishi diamana 44 inch stiff flex shaft .Not to brag but distance for me is really not an issue for but I feel a shorter shaft gives me way more control. Just wondering how long is your shaft.

i cut my stiff speeder shaft to 44 inches..my trajectory is very high. thinking about changing my shaft to one with a high flex point(kickpoint) any recommendations?

Driver: Titliest 905s 10.5º (ALDILA NV S-flex, 65grams)
3-Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15º (Fuji Rombax 7V05 S-Flex, 70grams)
Irons: Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl, 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60º| Cleveland CG12 56º | Cleveland CG15 52º
Putter: Talyor MadeBall: Nike One Black

Since I've posted, I have switched to a prolaunch red and my shaft is now 45".

Driver: FT Tour 9.5
Fairway woods: X-Fairway 3 and 5
Irons: : X-Forged '09 3-PW in Carolina Blue, Oklahoma Orange, and Wake Forest Green grips.
Wedges: X-Forged '09 54-14 and Vokey Spin-Milled 60-7
Putter: Odyssey Black Series #8

Preferred Ball: Z-star Tour Yellow

In the Pockets: Ball, Ecotee, Switchblade Divot Repair tool, Pencil w/ Eraser.

I think my swing would benefit from it being shorter. Currently I have a Speedline and the shaft is 46" I think and I am 5'-8". I hit alot of pull hooks with a very low trajectory and high pushes. The face is 9.5 and the shaft is a ProLaunch Blue Stiff.

The problem is I have no confidence hitting one for someone at a shop with other people around.

[QUOTE=andef;402761]and hit HALF the fairways.
WoW hit half the fairways , I am buying a Talormade tomorrow. Honestly I would take hitting 7 fairways a round, (driving accuracy has never been my strong point).

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

I cut my Ping G2 Driver down to 44.25" and added lead tape to the head. It now swings at D6 and I love it. I have not lost any distance and I'm in the fairway way more often. Best thing I ever did, it's been in the bag for 4 years.

45"... but it feels a lot bigger than that ... at least that's what she said. She also told me it's not the length, but how you use it.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• 2 months later...
I have mine tipped to 44.25". Have tried my shafts longer but find my accuracy wavers.

I'd much rather be 10 yards back and on the fairway, than, 10 yards further and in the rough (or trees, or even water!).

just my opinion.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I'm 5'11" and use a 43 1/2" shaft (which is 1 1/2" shorter then the 45" stock length). Who knows, I may wind up chopping another inch off! I've tinkered with enough different lengths and found the distance loss when using a shorter shaft was minimal while the accuracy improvement was substantial.

Ya'll can keep your 45 & 46-inchers.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I am 5' 7" and currently using a Powerbilt Air Foil with 45.5" Fujikura shaft......It's about an inch longer than my Cobra L5V.

Note: This thread is 4495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!