IGNORED

2009 MLB Playoffs

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Phillies and Angels are goin' down!!! Go Dodgers and Yankees!!

Yeah dog!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate the Yankees, I want them to win the ALCS. Reason being: When the Phillies win the NLDS, they will embarrass the Yankees.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I think my logo shows how I feel about the NLCS, but the ALCS has been horrible so far. Honestly today I wanted to gouge my eyes out. The Angels should concede the next 2 games like a 2 foot putt to steve stricker.

First I'll say that the Phillies game yesterday made a part of me die. Take Pedro out after 87 pitches? The Dodgers must've came themselves when Manuel did that because thats what they needed to get their bats going since they were being crushed by Martinez only getting 2 hits in 7 innings. I can't wait for the Phillies game Sunday night, their games have always been exciting. The Rockies series had a bunch of back-and-forths and this series has been good too, except for the mismanaging/overuse of the phillies bullpen aka taking Pedro out and then using 5 TIRED pitchers WHO THREW YESTERDAY in one inning only to lose the game. As soon as I saw them pinch hit for Martinez I knew things were gonna get bad and sure enough they did. Its like I'm Nostradamus, maybe Manuel should call me next time before making such a bad decision and then clearing the bench in the bullpen pointlessly when you already lost it when you hit for the pitcher who only allowed 2 hits and no runs in 7 innings. I mean jeez Charlie, only Ryan Howard took the bat off his shoulders and put the phils on the board so far, it was pretty clear to anyone watching that Pedro was doing MORE for the phils offense than anyone else so why pinch hit for the guy? Anyway, I could go on, but to the ALCS.

Game 1 was sad. The Angels committed so many errors, I thought I was watching AA ball. In fact, the scorekeeper did as well when he ruled that one ball that fell at the feet of the secondbaseman a hit. The Yankees made them pay by putting up a run for every error (counting the missed popup) that the Angels allowed.

Game 2 should have been renamed a charity. The yankees felt sorry for the Angels misfortune of losing one of their pitchers and decided to throw this game it seemed. Giving up 3 errors and allowing Burnett to throw the ball into the stands more than once. However, the Angels must have not gotten the hint as they failed to capitalize on every single opportunity they got. At this point the yankees had no choice but to walk the bases loaded and then throw a wild pitch to GIVE the angels a run. If I was an Angel fan, I would be embarrassed by their performance in this series. The pitching was decent except for Fuentes 0-2 pitch to A-roid. Why you would throw a fastball right in his wheel house (this guy has insane opposite field power from all the HCG he injects into his gluteal muscles) is beyond me, but otherwise they were solid. Then their batting... or should I say lack there-of. They are a bunch of hacks up there. They seem to inflate Abreu's ego saying he has a great eye, yet he swings at bad pitches at bad situations when HE IS AHEAD IN THE COUNT, and then ends up getting out. I swear he doesn't even try to put the ball in play and he seemed surprised that one his hits was playable by Damon in left foul territory. Vladimir (is he spetsnaz?) is just JV up at the plate. He alone left a small army on the base paths tonight after duffing every chance to get a hit. He swings at anything in his zip code and should have never been offered a contract after the Expos were disbanded. Torii Hunter seems to be the only threat in their line up, and thats sad considering he has no big hits this series. Where is the long ball? I know the phillies and yankees seem to manage to put up a couple HRs every game, yet it seems like the Angels haven't hit one since their World Series win in 2002. Its a miracle if they even get a double, let alone a homer. Then lets touch on the Angels fielding tonight. I know it was a meteorology disaster, but that had nothing to do with Aybar forgetting to touch second during a double play or the second baseman throwing the ball into left field to end the game. The announcers seemed to think the umpire not calling the "neighborhood" rule on the double play was harsh, but he touched the bag on every other attempt in the game and you gotta drag the foot across the bag IF YOU REALLY WANT THE LEGIT OUT, everyone who has played middle infield knows that, you cant rely on some unwritten rule that really isn't even a rule as much as it is a shortstops' wet dream. Then the play to end the game, common guys that guy is not scoring if you just get the out at first. Then you have 2 outs and a chance to get out of the inning. Why would he try for a lead runner who might have beaten the throw and meant NOTHING because if the guy on 3rd scores its over, and they would have never turned it anyway and he knew it based on his erratic throw. In fact, if you didn't want that guy to score watch him back and let the bases get loaded rather than make a throw while your body is moving 15 mph in the opposite direction and the ball is wet and slippery. I guess I should play every position on the Angels and pitch for them as well. I could AT LEAST put together a less ugly loss for them and account for a batting average above magic Johnson's T-cell count.

Yankees, you made mistakes, but didn't make them hurt you and got the win, even if it did take 13 innings.

-Paul Scott

I hope you guys like the write up and don't mind the cynicism! :)

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

What a marathon game the Yanks vs. Angels was! I fell asleep and woke up around 1 AM to catch the end. Did anyone watch it all the way through?

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

What a marathon game the Yanks vs. Angels was! I fell asleep and woke up around 1 AM to catch the end. Did anyone watch it all the way through?

I watched it from the 9th to the end. Perfectly timed thanks to college football.

Go Angels. It's not over yet.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Hopefully Blanton can follow the trend of dominant starting pitching

Holy crap that game earlier... the Dodgers might as well have not even shown up. That was a blowout if I've ever seen one.

If the phils can keep the bats going like that then the Dodgers are in big trouble. Blanton vs Wolf tomorrow at 8, cant wait!

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

Holy crap that game earlier... the Dodgers might as well have not even shown up. That was a blowout if I've ever seen one.

The Fat Lady is warming up! Those Phils are giving me the chills with big time thrills on the field.

Those Dodgers are play'n like Codgers and couldn't win w/a couple Rogers. Damned shame too...being a die hard METS fan, well, you kno I aint pulling for the Phils!! Even tho they are playing Championship ball and giving them credit, I just can't seem to get behind them.

When are teams going to realize that its pretty stupid to pitch to A-Rod when you are winning by 1 run? Or even 2?

Fuentes goes up 0-2 in the count and throws him a high heater! Smooth move exlax!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

I was at the game and for the money I paid for the tickets, I'd be pissed if the game hadn't of gone 13 innings over 5.5 hours lol. Hell of a game though. We tried our best to give the Angels the game but snuck one out. Couldn't do it again today though. Dumbass move on Girardi bringing Aceves in.

PHILLIESSSSSS!!!! WOW WHAT A GAME! Rollins with a huge clutch hit at the end off a 99mph fastball, sent it into the gap and 2 scored to win the game in the bottom of the 9th, that was amazing.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
906F4 Fairway 15.5°

bleh, that really burns. Rocked yesterday, then this today... ugh

Dodgers can pull of three in a row though. I hope.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Two great games yesterday. It is interesting to watch some Managers try to figure out what to do when the game goes extra innings and they run out of pitchers. That is what they get for having closers who are good only for one or two innings.

Those Dodgers are play'n like Codgers and couldn't win w/a couple Rogers. Damned shame too...being a die hard METS fan, well, you kno I aint pulling for the Phils!! Even tho they are playing Championship ball and giving them credit, I just can't seem to get behind them.

"The Dogers is dead" Can't blame you for not getting on board. It is nothing personal. I would cheer for North Korea before the Mets...it is part of good rivalry.

Unbelievable!

They are never out of a game

PHILLIESSSSSS!!!! WOW WHAT A GAME! Rollins with a huge clutch hit at the end off a 99mph fastball, sent it into the gap and 2 scored to win the game in the bottom of the 9th, that was amazing.

J-Rol with a huge AB...it will go down in phillies lore.

bleh, that really burns. Rocked yesterday, then this today... ugh

LOL, good luck with that. Get ready they will be back home Thursday morning ready for 2010!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

If it wasnt for a TERRIBLE move by Girardi, the Yankees would be up 3-0 for sure!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

Note: This thread is 5228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!