IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What's worse about Blake is hearing him say and I'm paraphrasing "Every time it comes down to just one shot my knees are shaking." Really? Well, buddy, what do you think the PGA Tour is all about? It usually comes down to executing that one shot. If you can't do it on a course that is practically empty and not set up like a PGA event, then, when, exactly are you going to?

As I've written, previously, I just don't think he's that good. The BB that was won by Brian Kontak (sp?) had much more talent than this group: Matt Every, James Nitties, Anthony Rodriguez, etc are much more talented than this group. Best group, ever? Not even close.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really excited for this season to start but, between the fake controversies manufactured by the producers and the lackluster play of the contestants, my enthusiasm is starting to wane.

I like one of the Finau brothers to win - maybe Gipper. I'm not sure any of them could be really successful on tour -at least not with the game we're seeing so far.

Another thing that bugs me is Mike Perez negative interviews - ie - his comments about JB Holmes not being a big enough star, etc, etc. Isn't the first rule of PGA golf that you never really say anything except that "it was great to have the opportunity and thankfully you were able to make a few good shots"?

I like one of the Finau brothers to win - maybe Gipper. I'm not sure any of them could be really successful on tour -at least not with the game we're seeing so far.

Yeah I think Tony or Vincent will have a good shot at winning. Them or as much as I hate to say it, Andrew. They just seem to be more composed than everyone else and the idea of being on the show doesn't have their knees knocking. Gipper could sneak in there, but I don't think he's got the game his brother has.

I never heard Mike Perez mention that JB wasn't a big star? He's crazy if he actually said that. You also never know what the producers of the show asked him about JB and how they cut it to make it look like what Mike said. You hear a lot of stories about that stuff happening.

I don't think that Andrew is such a bad sort. He's just someone who likes to talk a lot and it seems to get under some of the guys skin more than others. Blake on the other hand has two problems, 1) Anger management. 2) can't golf under pressure. I picked Blake to say goodbye last night. I almost nailed it.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Another thing that bugs me is Mike Perez negative interviews

Agreed, as far as dumping on Andrew goes. Btw, I was channel surfing between this and ESPN Poker. Was it Perez that had a problem with Andrew congratulating him on moving on or someone else? Whomever it was, it came across as silly. They showed the first three through to the next round congratulating each other when Andrew was still in the hot seat but apparently it's no good for Andrew to do the same thing once he is through to the next show when there are others still in the hot seat. Got it.

I would have loved Blake to have been gone and buried. I don't like histrionics. But Sean deserved to go by the way he played.
What's worse about Blake is hearing him say and I'm paraphrasing "Every time it comes down to just one shot my knees are shaking." Really? Well, buddy, what do you think the PGA Tour is all about? It usually comes down to executing that one shot. If you can't do it on a course that is practically empty and not set up like a PGA event, then, when, exactly are you going to?

Point taken. But I do think that in tournament golf there is a flow and a rhythm developed in a round. In this thing, it's usually going from one static event to another with a long wait in between.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

I never heard Mike Perez mention that JB wasn't a big star? He's crazy if he actually said that. You also never know what the producers of the show asked him about JB and how they cut it to make it look like what Mike said. You hear a lot of stories about that stuff happening.

I shoulda mentioned .. the interviews were on the GolfGalBlog, not the show itself. The Golf Gal asks him if he knew JB before hand through his brother and what it was like to meet him on the show. Mike "Stay Classy" Perez says:

"I never really met JB Holmes. To me, you know, it wasn't anything . . special" He adds "To me it wasn't really anything, there are other players I would've liked to see there" There's also one where he whines about the car race.

Blake is a complete tool. Some of these guy just plain suck.

The one common thread of most of these guys and why they are not successful is they choke and choke big. I don't care for Giuliani but he has some game and hasn't melted down yet. I don't think this season gets interesting until the final 3 or 4. Right now its just amateur hour.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/big-break-disney-golf/players/[/url]

This Sucks, ever since I started watching the show I've always hated Andrew Giuliani. The guy is simply a jackass and have no respect for the guy. Now I learn he has the exact same birthday as I do 1/30/86.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

i think that they should just get down to the main players(vincent,tony,gipper,mike,andrew) the others JR, kevien, blake need to go and i think when they do the show will be a lot better and we will see some real golf!my pick is still vincent i like him he seems well composed and i think he has the game for it

Omega V cart bag

Driver- i15 9.5 degree UST AXIVCORE 69 S

Woods- big berthaIrons- MP-32 s300 shaftsWedges54* Vokey56* Spin Milled Vokey60* Mp SeriesPutter-Pro PlatinumBalls- ProV1

I kind of felt bad for Sean when he chunked that chip....cuz I can relate lol. The main reason why Mike Perez told Andrew to sit down was becasue he was basically celebrating right in front of Andrew, his arch enemy, after Andrew had just beaten Blake by 3 ft. It was def not the time to be messing with Blake. His temper will keep him from winning. I like Tony and Vincent also to go to the finals. Tony makes it well known "oh man I have to hit this shot" but then he goes up and does it.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shoulda mentioned .. the interviews were on the GolfGalBlog, not the show itself. The Golf Gal asks him if he knew JB before hand through his brother and what it was like to meet him on the show. Mike "Stay Classy" Perez says:

Wow. I have to assume Mike didn't mean that like it came across. Surely he's not that dumb to basically say JB is a nobody when he could potentially be playing right along side him in 2010. Of course, some people are dumb and that very well could have been how he meant it. I'm sure JB couldn't care less about what someone on the Big Break thinks of him though. I said it previously, but if you ask me, guys like Mike have already had their "break." He's played on the Nationwide Tour a couple years and almost made it through Q School (from what I read?). Is there no one else out there that can play who hasn't had their "break?" Or, did Mike simply make it on the show so they could build up the fact that his brother is PGA Tour pro Pat Perez?

I said it previously, but if you ask me, guys like Mike have already had their "break." He's played on the Nationwide Tour a couple years and almost made it through Q School (from what I read?). Is there no one else out there that can play who hasn't had their "break?" Or, did Mike simply make it on the show so they could build up the fact that his brother is PGA Tour pro Pat Perez?

I'm sure having a famous brother couldn't have hurt. I guess we can't beat the producers up over everything. We beat them up for getting talentless clownfish on the show so now do we want to beat them up for getting guys who have actually had a few accomplishments? I'm guessing that getting a talented group to commit to the show is tougher than we might imagine. I'm sure some say no to the show because they think the show is beneath them or don't want to risk embarrassing themselves out there. Others probably just have confidence in their games and don't think they need Big Break to get where they want to go. Then again, I could be wrong.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

I'm sure having a famous brother couldn't have hurt. I guess we can't beat the producers up over everything. We beat them up for getting talentless clownfish on the show so now do we want to beat them up for getting guys who have actually had a few accomplishments? I'm guessing that getting a talented group to commit to the show is tougher than we might imagine. I'm sure some say no to the show because they think the show is beneath them or don't want to risk embarrassing themselves out there. Others probably just have confidence in their games and don't think they need Big Break to get where they want to go. Then again, I could be wrong.

I guess I just feel like the Golf Channels search could be better? You're right, people criticize when the talent is a bunch of no names with no previous professional experience and now we're criticizing when they do try to go out and get good players. My thinking is that you could have the best of both worlds? Can they not do a better search and find solid golfers without prior professional experience? Some of the guys on this show are average at best. I mean, most courses have one or two regulars that play as well or better than some of these guys. Don't get me wrong, there is definitely some talent on the show, just not all the guys in my opinion.

Maybe the show will get more interesting when guys like Blake and Kevin are gone? Maybe the show needs to rethink it's process and start letting these guys actually play golf rather than roll out of bed and start hitting flop shots over walls that really tell you nothing about how they actually PLAY the game of golf.

i was disappointed this season before they even started it... it was all guys!...
i hear the next big break is all girls... id rather watch a bunch of hot chicks duffing it then a bunch of guys who cant make it on the nationwide tour/q school
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I would love to wake up every day for a shot to win $5,000 for making a flop shot. But, yes, I do agree that you cant really judge a players ability to play, by individual categories.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!