IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll give it a chance - but I'll tape it. Too many commercials.

do you really still tape stuff... or do you mean DVR/Tivo it?

personally, I almost never watch live TV anymore, everything is either On Demand or DVR'ed.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you be dissapointed it's at disney ? disney is ••••ing awesome and the courses there are gorgeous.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

why would you be dissapointed it's at disney ? disney is ••••ing awesome and the courses there are gorgeous.

I have heard he courses are great, I am just NOT a Disney fan. It also looked like the preview showed a few things not even set on a golf course. Also, call me old fashioned, but the mouse shaped bunker in the opening looks repulsive. I would just prefer to see them go anywhere else... Pinehurst, Greenbrier, Homestead, Boyne, Bandon, Myrtle or any other golf resort/area.

Why is Disney F-ing awesome... the courses or Disney in general?
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

well the courses are definitely fantastic... Magnolia is a 76.0/141 7500 yard Beast, and Lake Buena Vista is picturesque. Osprey Ridge however is my favorite

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/golf/

but meh. I did an internship in the finance department at the Grand Floridian resort and Disney is just surreal. I developed a completely different attitude and respect for the Disney area after working there. Everything is immaculate.

I think disney gets a bum rap from the million single-toothed mouth breathers that inhabit it more often than most.

What's In My Bag?
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Took the Family to Disney last year. They were 9 and 7...had a great time. Next time I go back will be with grandkids in about 20 or 25 years. I found it to be one long line to stand in, wait for a boat, wait for monorail, wait for a bus...wait in line...just not my thing I guess.

I don't doubt the courses are well done but there are hundreds of other places to take a golf trip without all the other garbage that comes with it.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I'm not sure but I think the producers thought that Hwy 18 may have been a little too dangerous. Scurrying from place to place as fast as they could on the road and the Ashleys just about had a heart attack on the last challenge. If they do another Hwy series I think it's gonna be pretty watered down.
Also think that Disney is great! growing up in So. Cal in a very poor family I had won a trip to Disneyland with my best buddy and it might be the most memorable time of my childhood. When I take my grand kids today I enjoy it just as much as they do, maybe even a little more. As you can see by my avitar I've never really grown up. Not as cute as I was then but still as child like.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Wait Andrew Guliani is on Big Break? The same little shit that got kicked off the Duke Golf team for hitting one of his teammates and generally being an •••••••?

Holy nepatisim batman what is this world coming to... that's rediculous

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...0091golf1.html

What's In My Bag?

Wait Andrew Guliani is on Big Break? The same little shit that got kicked off the Duke Golf team for hitting one of his teammates and generally being an •••••••?

I have no input about him as a person, but the dude's got game. He just came up a bit short this summer in U.S. Open sectional qualifying on a really tough course. If that's indicative of the quality of some of these players, the Big Break has really come up in talent from where it was.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

he's a jerk. I met him a couple times during his time at Duke... and him trying to swing his dad's big boy pants around the golf team to not get the boot was ... well you get the idea.

What's In My Bag?

do you really still tape stuff... or do you mean DVR/Tivo it?

Yep, still in the 1980's technology. Don't hold it against me. I do watch golf on Sunday live as I like to see it as it's happening and just channel surf elsewhere during the commercials.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

I don't normally watch the big break, but this one has a lot of interesting people in it. How about that guy who was kidnapped when he was a youngster.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Anyone else disappointed that it will be at Disney? I just hope they still play some games that are somewhat related to actual golf.

Definitely. It lends itself to laziness, cliche gimmicks with a Disney theme. I want the producers to have to work at their craft, and potentially surprise me. Besides, as a native Floridian I don't need to see typical Florida courses, ones with too much reliance on sand and man made lakes. I appreciate layouts with natural elevation changes, and in areas I'm not familiar with. If it were an all female cast I'd be more enthused.

Didnt see that emlimination comming. If you think about it. Ed had literally 11 shots and he was gone. Only 11 swings!!!

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm kinda glad he was eliminated. He just seemed smug and cocky. "Oh I won gold in the olympics, I'm one of the greatest atheletes in the world blablabla"

Whatever dude.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

He just seemed smug and cocky. "Oh I won gold in the olympics, I'm one of the greatest atheletes in the world blablabla"

Yeah kinda. He did have a really nice swing though. However, to have "Olympic Gold Medalist" by your name does qualify one as a great athlete. Can't deny that.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

True but he seemed to use it just a bit too much.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

• Administrator
Yeah kinda. He did have a really nice swing though. However, to have "Olympic Gold Medalist" by your name does qualify one as a great athlete. Can't deny that.

I can deny it. He's a great swimmer.

Babe Didrickson Zaharias, now that was a great athlete. Succeeded at multiple sports. Anyway I was glad he was eliminated first, but not as glad as I'll be when Andrew bites it. Also, after three people missed the green, were they not allowed to hit from, say, 105 yards? I thought you got to pick where you hit from? Did they have to keep going back farther? If they had to keep going back farther, I'd love to see that challenge done blind - pick a spot, hit from it, and the six who hit the green from the farthest distance would be in. By "blind" I mean they don't get to see what anyone else did or where they hit from. I guess I missed the part where you had to hit from farther back than the last person.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!