IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What makes you think they are all rich kids? Are you referring specifically to the brothers?

Well, I guess "rich" is a relative term... but I imagine that the Finau brothers and Andrew Giuliani are pretty well off. Perez doesn't seem to be financially struggling either.

"Spoiled" would be a better word to use there.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think they are all rich kids? Are you referring specifically to the brothers?

Yes, the brothers, Mike, andrew, I mean cmon..... Like they cant afford Mon qualifiers and the like? Why are they even on this show?

This show should have more guys like JR and K Max, guys like me, who have to work 2 jobs just to try to afford the "chance" to excel at something. I cant stand these kids bitching about everything when they have the greatest equipment out, new Nike shirts everyday, new shoes, nice courses.....etc, etc... Or at least they could be a bit more humble and realize that they have an opportunity many do not, then maybe the show would be a bit more interesting. Enough of my babbling now
Well, I guess "rich" is a relative term... but I imagine that the Finau brothers and Andrew Giuliani are pretty well off. Perez doesn't seem to be financially struggling either.

Yes, "spoiled" was the word I should have used there.

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Yes, the brothers, Mike, andrew, I mean cmon..... Like they cant afford Mon qualifiers and the like? Why are they even on this show?

I think the point of the show is to give professional golfers a big break regardless of their ability to play as many Monday qualifiers as they like.This year it happens to provide a spot in the Disney event and to pay for 2010 Q-School. Perhaps they can pay for all the Monday qualifiers they want, but if they don't get past the qualifier they may never get that chance to play or even win a PGA tournament. I don't think someones financial status should be taken into account when trying to get their "Big Break" through a reality show, particularly this one.

I agree that seeing the struggling pro win makes it all the more gratifying, but I am not sure their whining has anything to do with their financial advantage, if they even have one. I don't even remember hearing Andrew complain about anything and he is probably the "richest". Anyways I think we need to keep in mind that this is a show and they can edit comments anyway they want. Tough to judge a book without actually reading it...IMO.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

SNIP....Anyways I think we need to keep in mind that this is a show and they can edit comments anyway they want. Tough to judge a book without actually reading it...IMO.

Well said. If the producers didn't create all of the perfect scenarios, controversy, and conflict then the show wouldn't attract as many viewers.

Here's what's in my ogio.gif Grom...

wishon.gifDriver: 919 THI 460cc 9°
wishon.gifWoods: 915 F/H 16° and 21°
wishon.gifIrons: 752 TC 5-9, PW, AW, SWtaylormade.gifPutter: Rossa - Suzukatitleist.gifNXT Tour

Well said. If the producers didn't create all of the perfect scenarios, controversy, and conflict then the show wouldn't attract as many viewers.

You mean people wouldn't watch if there wasn't any controversy or conflict? *rolls eyes*

You mean people wouldn't watch if there wasn't any controversy or conflict? *rolls eyes*

It is what helps keep people interested in the show. Just take a look back and read this whole thread, it is all about who people like and dislike, who annoyed them who didn't. The producers create villains and heroes to captivate the audience. It wouldn't be that exciting to watch if the producers didn't carefully select the script. All the reality shows are pretty much scripted the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy watching the show, I just find it interesting how people will judge a person based on a t.v. show where the editors have chosen how this character will be portrayed. IMO

Here's what's in my ogio.gif Grom...

wishon.gifDriver: 919 THI 460cc 9°
wishon.gifWoods: 915 F/H 16° and 21°
wishon.gifIrons: 752 TC 5-9, PW, AW, SWtaylormade.gifPutter: Rossa - Suzukatitleist.gifNXT Tour

It is what helps keep people interested in the show. Just take a look back and read this whole thread, it is all about who people like and dislike, who annoyed them who didn't. The producers create villains and heroes to captivate the audience. It wouldn't be that exciting to watch if the producers didn't carefully select the script. All the reality shows are pretty much scripted the same.

I agree with you on that. It is amazing how they can portray people by choosing what to show and what not to show.

Catching up on the last couple of episodes tonight.

Can someone get Gipper a lollipop, a sanitary napkin and a Xanax? Jesus what an insecure kid.

And his brother is douche. Just disrespected Kevin. The Finaus have no respect for anyone. Kevin's stepped up to the plate a heck of a lot more than Gipper and Tony - he's got half their game, but twice their sack.

Andrew is tough to take - he's obnoxious - but if there is a guy out of these clowns I needed in a match, it's him.....and you know what, he respects the other guys.

Gipper: "Just give me the opportunity to send him (Andrew) home...and I will....................as long as Tony can be inside the ropes."

Kinda wondering why all the talk about who's got money and who doesn't. What difference does that make in regard to hitting a good or a bad shot? So far as Kevin is concerned, we all go through good and bad times on the course, WOW. Well, matbe the wows are bugging me a little too but I never even noticed it until Mr. Bad Sport started bitching about it.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I'm pumped about the episode tonight! This show is such a guilty pleasure.

---------------------------------------------------
taylormade.gif R7 Limited 10.5*
taylormade.gif V Steel 15*
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual Hybrid 19*
taylormade.gif Burner 08 Hybrid 22*cleveland.gif CG4 4-PWvokey.gif 52*, SM 56*cameron.gif 35" Studio Select Newport 2

it would please me to no end to see the brothers in the elimination challenge

me too!!!!!!!!!!

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

I'm still more than impressed by the 185 yard 9 iron by Gipper though.

---------------------------------------------------
taylormade.gif R7 Limited 10.5*
taylormade.gif V Steel 15*
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual Hybrid 19*
taylormade.gif Burner 08 Hybrid 22*cleveland.gif CG4 4-PWvokey.gif 52*, SM 56*cameron.gif 35" Studio Select Newport 2

I'm still more than impressed by the 185 yard 9 iron by Gipper though.

yeah i about shat my pants when i saw that.

I actually think Mikey's gonna win. If you look at his website, it says he has got almost all AdamsGolf clubs, but in the show he doesn't. So I figured that he must've won. We'll see over the course of the next 3 shows.

I actually think Mikey's gonna win. If you look at his website, it says he has got almost all AdamsGolf clubs, but in the show he doesn't. So I figured that he must've won. We'll see over the course of the next 3 shows.

in the show im pretty sure he does? actually a lot of them do/did.

It would please me to no end to see the brothers in the elimination challenge

The odds are moving towards that ...

... man, I'm hearing more about the circumstances surrounding Andrew Giuliani's suspension from the Duke Golf team. How do you get thrown off a golf team?!?

Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!