IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I totally agree that Mike should have been DQ'd, that kind of behavior should not be tollerated on any course, if he was banging his clubs into the ground and damaging the course in such a manner at my club he would have been asked to leave without doubt.
I sat up watching it with my wife and when he started his antics she said "I can't watch this" turned over and went to sleep lol.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the same goes for Tiger and every other pga pro who has ever bashed a club?

thank you for the forum

,,,if it is up to me, add one stroke for each offense. so no big deal, it is up to you. i guess if one is really really good at golf, one can afford to splurge here and there. hmmm, looks like i am going to win by 20 strokes, and the urge to bang the club just pops up. what should i do i wonder....BANG! it is a sad sight when one cannot play to 1% of tiger's level but copy his other behaviors to the fullest. in other words, no need to drag tiger into the conversation until it is pertinent. to stick to my original thesis, let's say someone bash the club into the ground like mike did (to be lenient this time, let's pick fairway) and your ball somehow later rolled into it. it was a moment ago a regular piece of turf and now it is sandwiching your ball like a deep and narrow divot. you know what i am going to ask you now?

That Finau dude caught a bad break with that cart path. He must of flew that ball at least 320 for him to land on that path like that. He looked sort of deflated for all of his tv shots afterward.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

So the same goes for Tiger and every other pga pro who has ever bashed a club?

I think I saw something on the Golf Channel that Tiger is/was the most penalized player on tour. Apparently he is fined quite often for his antics. I guess they weren't severe enough to take away any titles.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

thank you for the forum

I think he is worthy of more than 1% of Tigers skill. He did manage to shoot -4 on a championship course. If he can shoot those scores in the actual PGA event, he will most likely place decently. Thats the thing with Tiger, he is a role model for all golfers. So if he does something, a lot of other people are going to assume its ok. Even if its narrowly missing a persons head with a 460cc driver.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think he is worthy of more than 1% of Tigers skill. He did manage to shoot -4 on a championship course. If he can shoot those scores in the actual PGA event, he will most likely place decently.

"a lot of other people"...i think a lot of those folks are better off stopping the game of golf and pick up marbles or pingpong or horseshoe or lawnmowing or something in the backyard. can't take them anywhere. some naive ones out there insist that golf actually makes people into better beings. haha, not a chance. golf course is a cesspool of banging clubs and swearing at the top of the lung. it really brings out the worst in people. case in point, if tiger does not put that much pressure on himself on the course, do you think he needs to jump in bed with a new woman right after each round? of course not, hahaha.

I haven't seen a club thrown by someone I was playing with since I was in high school. I simply will not play with anyone who gets mad while playing golf. A succinct F-bombs is fine and the occasional crushing of golf balls with bare hands, but tossing a club... never.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I would've loved to see the roles reversed and have Mike, with a two shot lead, catch the path and land his drive in the water. He wouldve killed himself on the tee box. Or at least thrown his driver and been without it for the remainder of the match.

I have no idea how they editted the show, so some evidence may have been suppressed, but at least Tony had class through the whole ordeal. He caught a bad break at a worse time and he didn't say sh*t about it.. just step up, drop, move on.

Mike acted like a f*cking infant. He misses that 4 footer... broken putter. No doubt. Or he overhand axe swings it into the green. Hope I never have to see that ••••••• on tour, which I know I won't.

Mike Perez; distinquished Ph.D of Douchebaggery.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

That Finau dude caught a bad break with that cart path. He must of flew that ball at least 320 for him to land on that path like that. He looked sort of deflated for all of his tv shots afterward.

He made a gigantic mistake. Based on his commentary during that final round, Tony seemed focused on just bombing it down the fairway instead of putting himself in the best position to win. I guess he wanted to intimidate Kevin and Mike. Didn't work! Neither of the Finau brothers could play competitively on the tour because neither can putt. Tony blew NUMEROUS chances to put the match away, but his putter failed him. Long drive contests? Sure, I'd bet on either Finau brother.

I agree with other posters that Mike's antics were pathetic. He has the course management of a 13-year-old. It's no surprise that he and Blake got along so well throughout the show. Hopefully big brother Pat will teach him something about maintaining his composure.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

He made a gigantic mistake. Based on his commentary during that final round, Tony seemed focused on just bombing it down the fairway instead of putting himself in the best position to win. I guess he wanted to intimidate Kevin and Mike. Didn't work! Neither of the Finau brothers could play competitively on the tour because neither can putt. Tony blew NUMEROUS chances to put the match away, but his putter failed him. Long drive contests? Sure, I'd bet on either Finau brother.

The driver was working well for him, so he probably thought it was a good play at the time. I think he would have won if not for the bad carum off the path.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Tony would have won if any of the scenarios below took place:

1. He didnt hit the tree branch on that par 5
2. He didn sink his drive off the cart path
3. He made that 4 foot putt

I guess what that amounts to is a list of mistakes he made....hey Tony, you and your goofy looking brother go back to the REMAX competition and stay there.

Tony would have won if any of the scenarios below took place:

Thats not fair, those things just happen during a round of golf. The kid still shot -3 for the round. Can you do that?

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Thats not fair, those things just happen during a round of golf. The kid still shot -3 for the round. Can you do that?

Agree, except for the 4 footer. Leaving that short was a choking disgrace, especially given that he had been running putts by all round long. It wasn't like he hit the hole and it did a 360* out, he left it SHORT.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

The driver was working well for him, so he probably thought it was a good play at the time. I think he would have won if not for the bad carum off the path.

Right, but he knows how far he can hit his driver, and he should know hitting driver would bring the water in play...especially considering he had some extra adrenaline flowing. A PGA player (who knows what he is doing) would not bring the water into play, hit a longer club into the green, two putt, walk away with a win. It looked to me that he was actually playing for birdie rather than par. If he was worried about having a 135 yd shot into the green instead of his usual 110 yd wedge, then he doesn't deserve to be on tour.

My thing with Tony is that his putting was terrible throughout the show. Gipper was worse. One example was the immunity challenge where everyone had 3 putts to make 1, and I think everyone missed...that's an indictment on everyone, not just the Finau brothers. However, some of Tony's putts last night were several inches wide of the hole...and to leave that 4 footer short in a critical moment...that's just proof that he doesn't have what it takes.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Mike's club-throwing must be genetic. Pat is a hot-head too.

I hated watching that. Have you ever played with someone who complains that much and/or throws clubs like that? It's obnoxious, and comes across so childish. I would never want to follow him in a tournament if he is going to piss and moan about every shot that didn't go his way.

Only thing more annoying is the "I suck" talk... he said something last night like "yeah, typical Mike Perez golf shot... terrible." Even if he's kidding, it's still terrible, not to mention annoying.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

that was an unlucky break for tony on that hole, if the ball bounces the other way, he almost drives the green and probably makes birdie. He got too aggressive there, should have hit a 3 iron or something as he did on some of the previous par 4's, as far as he hits all his clubs, he still would only have had probably a pitching wedge at most to the green, he probably hits his 3 iron about 260-270 or more and probably 170 with a pw and I think the hole was about 420 yards i believe so that probably would have gotten him there. He didnt take advantage of all the par 5's either, someone with his distance should make birdie on all par 5's. Still, shooting 3 under on a tough course is great, just not quite good enough that day. Its not like its the end for him. He's talented enough that we may see him on tour someday, at least nationwide tour and maybe his brother Gipper as well, as he was just 18 so plently of time to improve. Just need to putt better and not take so many risky shots. I wish they would actually play more golf on the show than just trying to make odd shots, some of the stuff they do doesnt have anything to do with real golf and doesnt prove whos the best player.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

that was an unlucky break for tony on that hole, if the ball bounces the other way, he almost drives the green and probably makes birdie. He got too aggressive there, should have hit a 3 iron or something as he did on some of the previous par 4's, as far as he hits all his clubs, he still would only have had probably a pitching wedge at most to the green, he probably hits his 3 iron about 260-270 or more and probably 170 with a pw and I think the hole was about 420 yards i believe so that probably would have gotten him there. He didnt take advantage of all the par 5's either, someone with his distance should make birdie on all par 5's. Still, shooting 3 under on a tough course is great, just not quite good enough that day. Its not like its the end for him. He's talented enough that we may see him on tour someday, at least nationwide tour and maybe his brother Gipper as well, as he was just 18 so plently of time to improve. Just need to putt better and not take so many risky shots. I wish they would actually play more golf on the show than just trying to make odd shots, some of the stuff they do doesnt have anything to do with real golf and doesnt prove whos the best player.

The last thing to do was play 18 straight holes, in other words, golf. I was amazed at how each of them did. Its clear they are all at least scratch golfers. Even the ones that we thought had no business there at all, like, the winner...

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!