IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would like to see a show with only course maintenance/proshop people.

Actually, I don't think you're far off. A show with nothing but club champions or local touring pros would make the "Big Break" more of a dream chance.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they reroute the course?

disney has the water hole as 17.... and playing 420 from the blues and 480 from the blacks.

the problem is (if you watch the replay of the show and the flyover on the link) Tony WAY over-drew/hooked his driver that it hit off the cart path and went left into the water.

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/me...nolia_tour.swf

It also flew about 40 yards in the air off the path. if he A doesn't hook his drive or B hit's 6 inches to the right and hits the rough instead of the cart path he cruises to victory.

obviously that's golf and he got bad breaks and lost. but with the way tony had been piping drives all day long i dont think it was the wrong play. He was MASHING his drives, and knocking them straight. If anything you should be questioning his focus and confidence to shank a drive there instead of pounding another miraculous drive down the pipe.

And i swear the driveable par for is a hole without water and tony put it in the greenside bunker when the other two went right/left.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I enjoyed big break this season as a hole. I was actually rooting for andrew to go all the way. What I found hillarious through the whole show was Blake spoutting his mouth all day. Talking about how they could of got rid of kevin earlier and how he was such a good golfer and yet hit 75% or more of his shots badly. All in all i thought it was a great season and finale.

Bag
Sumo 5900 9.5d
Sumo 3 & 5 Woods Pro launch shafts
Victory Red Split cavity 4-pw
Victory Red Wedges 52/10,56/14/60,10 White hot Putter / Balls

Although I'm a big fan of BB I thought this was the worst season I've seen. I just couldn't handle all the whining, bitching and moaning that went on this season. It also goes to show that anyone could have a bad day. I thought that hands down, Vince was the best player in the show and should have been in the finale. Anyway, I'll look forward to the next show and anticipate a better, less whiney, less fit throwing , less club throwing, less course damaging group.

Merry Christmas All.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Actually, he went over the fairway, hit the path and went into that water that on the right. I thought the same thing until my son figured it out.

yea did yall not notice the green on the left wen it sunk,surely you notice the place he dropped ,how did yall think it went right??

Blake and Mike both caused physical damage to the course with their lack of anger management. Unacceptable in my opinion.

I thought Tony was going to start bawling there at the end. He has a lot of game, but when the pressure really sets in he starts to crumble. He almost went home when he went to elimination a few weeks ago, and he definitely let the pressure get to him in the final round when it counted. He'll do quite well if he matures a little.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Although I'm a big fan of BB I thought this was the worst season I've seen. I just couldn't handle all the whining, bitching and moaning that went on this season. It also goes to show that anyone could have a bad day. I thought that hands down, Vince was the best player in the show and should have been in the finale. Anyway, I'll look forward to the next show and anticipate a better, less whiney, less fit throwing , less club throwing, less course damaging group.

I have to agree with you this was the worst season overall. Mainly because of all the bad behavior going on from many of the contestants but primarily from Blake and Mike! Andrew wasn't exactly a saint either. No he didn't throw clubs and cuss, but he just kept on and on at Blake knowing the guy was a complete idiot hot head. To me that was classless on Andrew's part. Blake was going to knock himself out either way with his bad attitude. Andrew should have just sat on the bench and kept his mouth shut like the "real" good guy's like Vince did and just let Blake self destruct on his own. As far as the actual golf in the finale, it was a incredible comeback by Mike, but most people will remember the clubs he buried in the ground more than the birdie putts he buried to win. It's a shame the guy acts like that. This season of "Big Break" made "Big Brother" and "Survivor" look tame as far as antics go. Maybe that's what TGC was looking for, and they got it. A little over the top in my opinion!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I think a Big Break for single digit golfers would be much more interesting. A bunch of 2 to 8 hdcps shooting it out for cash and maybe a Nationwide or at least Hooters tour exemption, wow I'd really tune in to that every week. That would be quite a bit more interesting than a bunch of struggling pros. As far as Disney Big Break, Mike did what you had to win, finished strong, but if Tony could putt at all, he would have ran away with it no doubt.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

How about a Big Break for single digit seniors? I'd love a chance at the show. Now all I have to do is get to single digits! Really though, there are a ton of very good seniors out there and the challenges could be completely different. We could see, competitive power napping! Walker races! senior fashion shows! And last but not least, drumroll!!!!!!!!! Wanna see my operation contests!! It could be a hoot. Well, gotta go take out my teeth, See ya later,

Duff

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I was very happy to see Mike win this competition. Tony and his brother (and their d-bag friend with the oakley glasses) had egos the size of gorillas and just really bugged the living crap out of me. Mike on the other hand focused on his own game and seemed to just really strive to be the best golfer he knew he should be rather than focusing on his competition. Some purists may dislike his club throwing and such but as a former athlete I LOVE seeing this type of passion out of a guy who is competing.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

I was very happy to see Mike win this competition. Tony and his brother (and their d-bag friend with the oakley glasses) had egos the size of gorillas and just really bugged the living crap out of me. Mike on the other hand focused on his own game and seemed to just really strive to be the best golfer he knew he should be rather than focusing on his competition. Some purists may dislike his club throwing and such but as a former athlete I LOVE seeing this type of passion out of a guy who is competing.

to each his own. many other people, besides "purists" whatever they are, are disgusted when people jab their clubs so hard and deep into the ground that you actually do not see the clubhead anymore. to try to win at any cost in golf is not the same as playing with passion.

what if mike throws his club and the club lands on your head and injures you? oh, no problem mike, as a formal athlete, i love it. duh. one of the most stupid moment is when mike threw his driver into the bushes. it must be so f lame to have to walk into the bushes to retrieve it. come on, be a man, just play the rest of the game without it. juvenile, immature, disgusting, lame...

juvenile, immature, disgusting, lame...

Wow ... "disgusting"? I agree with your sentiment. Juvenile, immature and lame are all good descriptions of Mike's tantrums. My only other observation is that the guys with the biggest anger issues aren't good enough to be that angry after their shots ...

to each his own. many other people, besides "purists" whatever they are, are disgusted when people jab their clubs so hard and deep into the ground that you actually do not see the clubhead anymore. to try to win at any cost in golf is not the same as playing with passion.

Obviously my point was that I love his passion TO AN EXTENT. "to try to win at any cost in golf is not the same as playing with passion." What other "costs" are we referring to here exactly? A repairable divot in the fairway? He is not yelling at his fellow competitors, he is not hurting anyone. Maybe I missed the part of the show where he threw a club and it hit someone...that wasnt acceptable when Tiger did it in Aus and it's not acceptable from anyone else. Guys who hit a bad shot and then sulk about it and go into the tanker disgust me...those that get angry and respond with a great shot/putt are my preference. Mike is obviously the latter, as evidenced by his results on the show.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

Obviously my point was that I love his passion TO AN EXTENT.

throwing things around after a shot--actually in mike's case it seems to be as frequently as every other shot--is not only unacceptable on the golf course but also dangerous. it has nothing to do with being passionate about sports as you have enlisted. since there is no clear rules against it, let's be ourselves and push to the limit, right?

what "results", that he won this big break by throwing clubs along the way??? use the outcome to justify his pitiful, shameful behavior??? i did not say he hit someone. i asked you for your response if he accidentally hits you with his club he as he throws it. can that be justified with your reasoning? pretty simple question. by throwing clubs, especially as often as mike did, there is a chance that he can hurt others. do you acknowledge that probability? do you ever wonder why mike is being singled out here among all contestants who at one point or another has demonstrated frustration one way or another? because to many, he has crossed the line. you, on the other hand, seem to embrace his behavior because,,,,because he won.

I liked the passion, but the temper tandrums really got to me. When he threw the driver into the woods, then planted the club into the ground, that was rediculous. It was as if he was showing off or somehting. I understand the frustration but you got to keep your cool, its much more intimidating.

In the XTreme bag:
Driver: Steelhead
Fairway Woods: Steelhead 3 and 5 wood
Hybrids: 3 and 4
Irons: Victory Red Full Cavity (5-AW)Sand Wedge: Sand Wedge (old school)Putter: Pal 5Ball: Pro V1

Wow ... "disgusting"? I agree with your sentiment. Juvenile, immature and lame are all good descriptions of Mike's tantrums. My only other observation is that the guys with the biggest anger issues aren't good enough to be that angry after their shots ...

since i am accomodating

, i wil reserve "disgusting" to mr sergio garcia who at one time missed a short putt and proceeded to spit into the hole in disgust...

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!