IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

throwing things around after a shot--actually in mike's case it seems to be as frequently as every other shot--is not only unacceptable on the golf course but also dangerous. it has nothing to do with being passionate about sports as you have enlisted. since there is no clear rules against it, let's be ourselves and push to the limit, right?

def acknowledge that probability g.d. Again, if he threw his clubs in such a way that they would have been headed towards a gallery (had there been one) then I missed that part. Most times I saw him toss them towards the side of the green or throw them into the ground in front of him. Def acknowledge your point though...i like the passion, not necessarily the act.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former and unfortunately occasional club-tosser, I hate seeing it. Every time I've done it and every time my emotions get out of control and I throw a club, I immediately regret it, and I feel terribly embarrassed.

The only thing more embarrassing than the moment after throwing a club, is watching somebody else do it.

Personally I'm a lot more reserved now, so it happens very rarely (couple times per year), but I can relate to the frustration that leads to throwing a club. I think if I were going to be on a TV show, I might at least try to keep my cool a little bit more though.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I mean he is a Perez. Pat has a history of cursing and blowing up on the golf course. I believe it got to a point where the channels wouldn't actually give him air time because they weren't sure when the next f-bomb was going to come. I personally don't like it, as I have almost been hit with a tossed club once, but I am not surprised he does that. After seeing what his brother is like on the PGA Tour.

Mind he (Pat) seems to have calmed down a bit.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

it really really sucks having to play behind a couple of course destroyers like blake an mike...
i could give a crap if they throw their clubs in the deepest part of the water/woods... but anywhere my ball might land where its still in play... really pisses me off...
hell unfixed ball marks on the green piss me off... just imagine a divot... on the green!
or a big hole in the fw!
they could break every club in their bag as long as they clean up by the time i get to whatever hole they were just on...

mike and blake were never taught one of the most basic rules in golf...
leave the course as you found it
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

mike and blake were never taught one of the most basic rules in golf...

You are exactly correct. HB

G10 Draw 13.5* 44 " Driver
K15 7 Wood
G10 28* 5 Hybrid
G10 orange dot 6I -PW
Tour W 56* SW 1/2 Craz-e i series putter 4 Under Stand Bag

Leave the course as you found it? What a novel idea. This thing could catch on.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Not destroying the course is not just a matter of self control but thoughtful actions on the course. I followed a foursome at my usual course,all in all quite good about leaving conditions as they found them. Then it happened,one of them hit a wedge onto the green, 2ft. from the pin. When they were all on the green he, being closest to the flag walked over pull the flag, stepping on the blade of his wedge (about 3 ft. from the hole) in the process.If he had laid the wedge off the fringe my chip shot would not wound up in the canyon he left when he pulled that plugged club from the green.

You are exactly correct.

Agreed. They seems passionate, but very inconsiderate.

I hoped Tony won, but he seems self-conscious during the last round.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

Didn't read all 91 pages, but my thoughts on Big Break Disney Golf

I liked the players pretty much, but not sure I liked the overall show.....seems like I have liked some other seasons better.

I kind of wanted Tony to win, I didn't think he came across THAT arrogant. I mean he was confident, but many of his comments on the show about other players were pretty factual and not egocentric on his part.

I thought Mike was a D-Bag, but not as bad as Blake.....that guy is a monumental jerk.

I was impressed at Mike's comeback....he was on fire!

Kevin actually played a pretty good round (IMHO). Considering how is his always scrambling to save par. His short game is hot.....and so is his wife!!

I'm ready for Big Break to go back to the ladies....or do a coed thing.
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

Didn't read all 91 pages, but my thoughts on Big Break Disney Golf

Kevin did come out with a good result for a guy who is struggling with his game,2 over par is good shooting for someone whose swing is off.I was hoping Kevin might pull it off.Good short game and seemed like a decent chap.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

anyone know how long ago the big break show was taped???? just wondering what some of the others are up to....... did any try Q-school this year???

Jason

In my FT Performance bag

Driver: FT-9 I-mix 9.5 Fubuki 63s
3 Wood: X Hot Fubuki 73s
Hybrid: 3H Aldila VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PW Project X 5.5 Wedges: X-Forged 50*, 54*, 58*, 62* Project X 6.0Putter: Japan IX #9Ball: HX Tour

Im pretty sure Giuliani got to second stage but missed by a couple strokes.

That boy has some game

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Gipper did't get out of prelim-qualifying. Tony did but shot over par in rd 1 and didnt advance.

And i think the above post is correct for Andrew.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love this show. My wife even watches it, and she's never golfed? I thought Tony would win, he's pretty classy, and would be good for any tour. Kevin, nice guy, but sheer luck he got that far? I liked Andrew, pretty cocky/confident, but could back it up... then there was Blake. He would be an embarassment on any Tour, in my opinion. Not so much skill wise, but how he acted. You could make a "'How not to act in Golf" video starring him. Mike was getting close to Blake status at times, but his "hissy fits" were short lived, and aimed mostly at himself. Can't wait for the next one.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

I've heard that the next Big Break will be all female and hopefully clothing optional. Now that should bring in some new viewers.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Really wanted Andrew to win.

Yep, next show is all women. My favorite format for this show.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Note: This thread is 3678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!