IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, I like what Vincent's got too. I remember watching him for a few holes this past year in the practice round of the LA Open.

blakes who i want to win.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see one of the two brothers win. But as long as Andrew doesn't win I'll be happy. Andrew just annoys the crap out of me.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I'll go along with Vincent as well. He has all around game and it seems that he'd have to have a really off day to get eliminated.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Definitely glad Ed got the boot....cant stand the cockiness. I'm cheering for Mike Perez...seems like a cool guy and it would be cool to see him compete with him brother..

Did you see Mike's race against the stock car? It was a pretty cool video, but he wasn't happy with what was published. Check out the video and then

listen to what Mike had to say about it. He was not amused

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Did you see Mike's race against the stock car? It was a pretty cool video, but he wasn't happy with what was published. Check out the video and then

wow...he's pissed lol......they forced him to hit a knock down shot with his driver

so the car stood a chance.

FT-IQ driver 9deg/stiff
FT-I Squareway 3 & 5 wood
FT irons 4-A
CG14 black pearl 60deg lob wedge
White Hot XG #1 Blackmax 56deg SI Stadium 14 cartbag

wow...he's pissed lol......they forced him to hit a knock down shot with his driver

Yup ;) Mike is faster than any stock car! I'd like to see that car today - but I think it's in pieces. Go Mikey!

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Hi GolfGal, Wondered when you'd show up. Always enjoy your input on BB.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Sounds like the producers did some sketchy editing to get attention. If the golfer wins, no golfer cares, if the stock car wins then they get the golfers' attention. Pretty sleezy.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

Hi GolfGal, Wondered when you'd show up. Always enjoy your input on BB.

Hi Duffy! Thanks for such a nice comment. I'll try and come around a bit more. I have been interviewing 4 players this season - Vincent, Kevin, Blake and Tony. I'll add Mike to the mix this week as well.

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Blake seems to have a good game but he is carrying a lot of stress out on to the course with him,its affecting his ability to play to his full potential.He needs to forget about Andrew and just play his game.Thing is if Andrew hits a good shot its stuck in Blakes head.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I'm rooting for Blake to depart. That's the type who annoys me, someone who defaults quickly to profanity and inserts tension and conflict with an edge to it, as if it's personal and he can't let go.

Someone like Brian Skatell is a riot and a class act compared to what I've seen from Blake so far. It was somewhat understandable when he was on the brink of elimination, but in tonight's episode he's safe on the bench and still allowed innocuous remarks from Giuliani to get on his nerves and prompt asinine body language and replies.

Anyway, in tonight's show that was the greatest display of glass breaking I've ever seen, but Big Break-caliber putting and weak and cautious play in the elimination. K-Max looked to be the odd man out, based on his strained facial expression every time they showed him.

Was JB Holmes necessary?

I really dislike blake and vincent. I mean andrew can be annoying at times, but come on get off the dude's back for once and let it gooooooooo. Leave my fellow yankees and giants fan alone :) I want the Finau's to win. Seem really nice and humble. Next to go... will be mike perez. his game is really iffy to me.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I don't know if JB Holmes was necessary, per se, but I thought the "beat the pro" challenge was pretty cool how they determined the radius of the circles they needed to get inside of, rather than just picking two random distances.

I'd say that having a professional golfer as a guest on the show was a little more relevant than having Chipper Jones on the 2nd episode though...

Sucks to see K-Max go out so early. I didn't really see that much game from him, but he turned out to be a pretty likeable contestant. You've got to be able to get that shot in elimination up and over a tree from 150 out though, either that or accept that you don't have that shot in your bag and chip out.

I enjoyed last nights episode though, I thought the challenges were interesting, and I really like when elimination gives everyone a chance to show more of their skill set, instead of just having to get up and down.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

• Administrator

Andrew grew on me this week. Blake or whomever was stupid to disagree with his strategy. From 230 I liked the play of laying up, too - particularly when he made a 3.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm rooting for Blake to depart. That's the type who annoys me, someone who defaults quickly to profanity and inserts tension and conflict with an edge to it, as if it's personal and he can't let go.

I think the Blake/Andrew rivalry will be good for ratings - hopefully they both stick around. I'd definitely like to play a round and drink some beer with Blake, he seems like someone I'd get along with on the course. Andrew has got some game, but he's an annoying little bastard.

Andrew grew on me this week. Blake or whomever was stupid to disagree with his strategy. From 230 I liked the play of laying up, too - particularly when he made a 3.

I didn't see this week's episode yet, but if Andrew's biggest sin is having diarrhea of the mouth, I'm not going to kill him for it. Heck, I like Lee Trevino and he'd talk to the air as it went by. And that's coming from someone that doesn't say a lot on the course.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

I don't know if JB Holmes was necessary, per se, but I thought the "beat the pro" challenge was pretty cool how they determined the radius of the circles they needed to get inside of, rather than just picking two random distances.

I wonder if he actually hit those two shots, without needing a mulliganed edit? In Ka'anapali they used Brittany Lincicome and Brittany Lang in similar fashion and one of the contestants -- Lori Atsedes -- seemed to take particular delight at the air date in pointing out that one of the Brittanys completely missed the green in her first attempt.

Regardless, Big Break should have used a decent quote from J.B, just ask him something to produce a smile and display some personality. Instead, all we got was a wisecrack from one contestant saying J.B. wasn't very big, and several bland, "Nice shot," comments. The elimination round was plagued by the trees. You don't need trees with players of this caliber. I've noticed that time after time in Big Break, that challenges and eliminations suffer when obstacles or weird angles are introduced close to the tee ground. It leads to less drama, not more. Hitting over water would have been plenty. Find the most challenging water hole and move the players back, hitting the same shot but about 40 yards longer each time. That would have been an interesting comparison, in nerves and club/shot selection.

Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!