IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hitting over water would have been plenty. Find the most challenging water hole and move the players back, hitting the same shot but about 40 yards longer each time. That would have been an interesting comparison, in nerves and club/shot selection.

I agree to a point, but I thought the risk/reward aspect was an interesting addition. It does seem like Big Break loves to make it's contestants try to pull off the remarkable shot though.

I feel like Seve Ballesteros would've been great on Big Break.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, Seve would have been great on Big Break, little Break or even Medium Break! Seve was the shot maker man.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Every week I'm starting to like Andrew even more. I like his game but his mouth drives me nuts.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I don't know where they're from but I like one of them or Mike Perez to win

In my bag:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5 Degree
TaylorMade R11 3 Wood 15.5 Degree
Adams A12 19 Degree
Cleveland CG16 Tour Irons 4-PW

Taylormade rac Gap 52 Degree, Cleveland CG15 56 Degree, Cleveland CG14 60 Deg

Odyssey 2-Ball

meh i still can't get over how big of a douche` andrew was in college.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Every week I'm starting to like Andrew even more. I like his game but his mouth drives me nuts.

Different strokes for different folks: Every week I'm liking Andrew even less!

That cocky look on his face and that smirk just pisses me off watching the show. I can respect his game though, as thus far he has proven worthy.

I'm hoping for a Finau victory. And an Andrew departure. Can't stand him

Driver Tour Burner 10.5
3 Wood: Dymo 15*
Hybrid: Idea A2
4-pw: Burners
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52, 55, 58Putter: Black Series 1

With JB Holmes stats ranking from 100 yards being what it is, awful, BB actually did the players a favor.

I can't stand Blake. Dude, STFU, already. Enough with the tantrums and the cursing. We get it. You fold like a house of cards whenever its time to make an important shot. Yeah, you hung out with James Nitties, big whooping deal. At least Nitties could actually play when he was on BB and considering he was coming off a major injury, it was even more impressive. You, on the other hand, stink, period.

Andrew is much better than I thought. So is JR.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I'm not much of a Blake fan either, but I can't wait to see Andrew go!

It usually comes down to who can handle adversity the best. All golfers lose thier touch or swing from time to time but being a professional is about handling that adversity and playing through it.

Blake is very lucky to still be there because he has shown a few times that he doesn't handle being under the gun very well.

Poor K-max, talk about total desintegration!

I predict Andrew will eventually follow this path of imploding when the chips are down. His time will come!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

With JB Holmes stats ranking from 100 yards being what it is, awful, BB actually did the players a favor.

thank you. took the words right out of my mouth hahaha

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Andrew grew on me this week. Blake or whomever was stupid to disagree with his strategy. From 230 I liked the play of laying up, too - particularly when he made a 3.

Exact same feelings. Lots of people have been liking Blake from the start and hating Andrew, but I have the EXACT opposite feeling now. All I have heard from Blake since the show started is how Mike and him are the two most talented players on the show, and him running his mouth about who he thinks are the weakest players on the show. Until he hits ONE shot that shows he is better player than the bottom 5 on the show, and doesnt struggle to avoid elimination on every show, then he should shut his mouth and quit talking (and he is saying that to Andrew!). I heard all the stories about Andrew before the show started and thought I was going to hate him, but after watching this show I really like him now. He talks a lot, but from what I have seen its not like he is being cocky or really even that annoying at all. I know we only see a fraction of whats actually taped, but what did he say this week that made that idiot Blake blow up so bad? All he was saying (from what we could see) was how he agreed with their choice of laying up and how it was a smart choice. and it was. From 230 out with a 2 shot lead, lay up, just put something on the green somewhere and 2 putt and you force the guy who ended up getting eliminated to stick a shot from 230 out and make the putt just to tie. How is that not a smart play? And people can hate on Andrew, but all I have seen from him so far is clutch. When has he NOT produced yet on this show? I havent really seen him do anything bad under pressure yet. He just goes up and hits it with confidence. He doesnt look like a scared puppy either like 75% of the other guys do. Tony Finau and Andrew to me so far seem like the contenders for the win. Even Gipper who I think is very talented has seemed nervous and on edge at times. I predict Blake will be off the show next week, as he should. One of the worst players on the show, in my opinion.

Clubs:

Driver: Ping G10 10.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Stiff
Fairway: Ping G10 15.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 stiff
Hybrid: Ping G10 18.0 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 H stiffIrons:  Ping S56 3-PW KBS tour StiffWedges:  Ping Tour S 56, 60 degree KBS tour stiffPutter:  Ping scottsdale anser 2 34"

I think Blake or Kevin will be gone soon. I don't care for Blake's attitude, but I think he's got more game than Kevin. Has Kevin even made a decent swing yet?

If you read their profiles on The Golf Channel website it talks about how Blake played for the University of Colorado but was suspended because of a disagreement with the coach. Why does that no surprise me? I'm seeing a pattern. It also talks about how he had a good job but quit before he signed the contract so he could turn professional and now he couldn't be happier playing on the Hooters and TarHeel Tour. So far in 2009 he's made $6,800 on the Hooters tour and I couldn't find his name on the TarHeel Tour site. I'm not sure how "happy" I'd be making that.

Andrew Guiliani just failed to advance past Q-School Stage One by two strokes at the Stonebridge Ranch CC in McKinney,Texas.

As for the show, I hope Blake conquers his demons soon, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part. The big meltdown is probably coming, and I plan on diving into a fox hole when it happens.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Giuliani is just about as obnoxious as can be and I think Blake was right to call him out. Strike one for Andrew's NYY hats, that is enough to make you dislike him right away. Strike two for his motor mouth which so obviously and abundantly p*sses off the other contestants. OK, he stepped up with his game a couple of nights ago but I cannot see him rattling Vincent or Tony in the long run. My Mom was visiting last night and watched and thought Giuliani was cocky and annoyign right away.

K-Max didn't seem to have much game so I am not surprised that he is gone. I see Kevin going next as I think some of his shots in the final were less than stellar, huge blocks to the right. I sitll cannot believe that so many guys were missing that putt too.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I can just feel a huge Blake meltdown!

I can picture a club flying or something of that sort. I used to be really critical of Andrew, but not so much anymore. I dont like him on the show, but Blake is just taking anger to another level. Geeeesh... relax tough guy.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

Andrew Guiliani just failed to advance past Q-School Stage One by two strokes at the Stonebridge Ranch CC in McKinney,Texas.

Blake also failed to advance last week. In fact, for supposedly the most talented group in Big Break history they aren't showing much in first stage Q School. Andreas shot 83 this week, including a 10 on a par 5, and withdrew after one round. I like the looks of Vincent's game but he's had two poor rounds in a row, high 70s, and is a longshot to advance, with one round remaining. Tony Finau has a chance. He was just outside the number heading into today.

I still think Hugo Leon has the most potential of any player in the recent Big Breaks. The guy makes tons of birdies. He opened with 62 last week and easily advanced, although Erik Compton blew past him in that sectional. *** Blake is most irked by Giuliani's persistent comments like, "Keep your head up," after a bad shot. I didn't fully grasp that until listening to Golfgal's interview with Blake this week. Mike and Blake say they remain friends with everyone from the show, except Giuliani. I watched the replay last night and at one point Blake says to Andrew, "You say the same things..." He's referring to those remarks after a bad shot, which he views as insincere. Seems trifling to me, like going out of your way to locate an irritation, based on a predetermined opinion. Blake says Giuliani admitted he was trying to use Big Break to rebuild his reputation.

• Administrator
I still think Hugo Leon has the most potential of any player in the recent Big Breaks. The guy makes tons of birdies. He opened with 62 last week and easily advanced, although Erik Compton blew past him in that sectional.

I think James Nitties has the most potential. Or is it no longer potential if he's already had far more success than anyone else?

Blake is most irked by Giuliani's persistent comments like, "Keep your head up," after a bad shot.

Yeah, that just seems like a stupid thing to worry about.

It's like playing a competition in rain. I liked it because I knew I could forget about the rain and play whatever was given to me. I also knew that my opponent likely was going to be bothered by the rain at least once, and that gave me an advantage. In other words, Blake should worry about his own game and not someone else's yapping. It's not like Giuliani is talking while he's playing his shots or within earshot of anyone who is preparing to hit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!