IGNORED

Yet another strange swing from my club!

Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The funny thing is, he was trying to actually give me tips on the range today.
He's a very nice guy but he's not fully sane. He has something wrong with cognitive thinking. He thinks and talks like a 7 years old child.

Lol I've played with some guys that hit with their left hand below their right (right handed swing). It's very odd looking ... but the guy I played with wasn't that bad. Definitely not a single digit handicap, but not awful.

We also have a 11 handicap guy who doesn't even have a back swing, yet he hits the ball far. His backswing is like, 1/8 of a normal backswing and it's so quick you can't even see it. I'll try getting a video of him.

A) He probably hits it straighter than me.
2) I think I have him beat in the fact that im not wearing 2 different colored shoes today though.
C) His feet are huge. I bet you he's got me beat where it really counts too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know a few guys who play cross handed. It's pretty much an old school throw back from the days when guys taught themselves how to play. One fairly young guy I know is a lefty but plays righty cross handed (lead hand low on the club). That dude smashes the ball 275-300 easy. Another dude is an old black guy who learned how to play caddying back when that was about the only way a black guy could get out on a golf course around here. For an old dude (at least 70) he's long off the tee (250-260 easy) and straight as an arrow. I think he's actually played some on the old negro (for want of a better term?) circuit. That's old as in a long time ago and not old black dudes. Both of those guys regularly play in the daily money games (they call them dawg fights around here) and no doubt clean up pretty well.

To be honest when I see a guy with an unorthodox swing like that who obviously knows what he's doing I'd be real leary about taking him on. Some of those old school dudes who grew up on a golf course know how to turn their game on when necessary.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about that guy (lest someone cast a stone my way ) I did hear of a tour player from a while back that played cross handed. It was on the youtube video of the strangest swings of all time. The only ones I remember were Raymond Floyd and some guy with the last name Darcy.

Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!