IGNORED

How Much are your Balls Worth?

Note: This thread is 5006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much do you pay for a dozen balls?

• Less than $10
    • $10 to $20
    • $20 to $30
    • $30 to $40
    • $40 and Up

Your handicap is 2?

You don't really believe him do you?

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i play Callaway big berthas, hx hots, and nike mojos....off ebay 216 balls for 125 bucks...sounds like a deal to me!

In my Xtreme II carry bag:

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood
Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 3i CG Gold Graphite Irons (4-PW) 52* CG14 wedge Vokey 56* Sand Wedge Vokey 60* Lob Wedge 33" Newport

Srixon ZUR-S at $39/doz new.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Without the "e" in priceless, that statement is a little disturbing

OH NO!!

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• 2 weeks later...
NXT's, usually at the clubhouse they run 25-28 a doz, But off the internet, you can get mints for about $9-12 a dozen. Pretty good really, i was kind of skeptical about buying balls off the internet. Well "used" balls, but i bought mint grade and they were perfect, not one defected ball. Just crappy logos on them.

$65 with shipping for 75 balls.

I usualy buy the Nike Power-Distance balls cause they're about $15/dz.
The reason I started playing Nikes is cause I was looking for a differant logo than my boss and co-worker used. I liked the swoosh and have played them ever since, lol.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

• 2 months later...
I used to only play with pick-up balls. I would wash them and separate by brand and quality. Then a friend of mine convinced me that for consistency I should choose a ball, stick with it, and only buy new ones. I play the Srixon AD333. It is a long, staight, two piece ball. At first I found it a little hot putting but I got used to it. At $20 per dozen, I think it is a great ball. Plus, at least at my home course, not many people play Srixon so it is easy to identify which ball is mine.

recently I've been playing TM TP red/black X outs from dicks that I picked up for 15 bucks a dozen

I dont like them as much as a prov1x but for the price I just couldnt pass that deal up

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Got a 24 pack of Nike SFT-2's for $20, so I decided to give them a try.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I recently bought a 12 pack of Bridgestone tour b330's which cost me around 50 bucks, and I won't usually pay that much for a 12pk but I'm happy with them so it's all worth it...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

I recently bought a 12 pack of Bridgestone tour b330's which cost me around 50 bucks, and I won't usually pay that much for a 12pk but I'm happy with them so it's all worth it...

You really overpaid for those. I usually get mine for 35 dollars.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

He lives in Canada, I just got back from Toronto, EVERYTHING costs more.

Would you believe $24 for a 12 pack of Molson Canadian?

Lots and lots of tax. God bless America!

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I am usually buying Titleist. It depends on what kind of mood I in as to whether I buy ProV1, ProV1x, or the ocasional NXT-Tour.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

• 2 weeks later...
I pay $40 a dozen for the Taylormade TP/Blacks.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

I have been on a ball hunt this year. I just made my mind up to stop messing with the $18-$20 balls. I'll use one or two and then they don't get used, so in the end I imagine it will save me $ to just use ProV's. Doesn't matter I'm not good, does matter I prefer the feel of that ball.
So, I will use Bridgestone E series as backup and PRoV for 80% I think.

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

Note: This thread is 5006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!