IGNORED

How Much are your Balls Worth?

Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much do you pay for a dozen balls?

• Less than $10
    • $10 to $20
    • $20 to $30
    • $30 to $40
    • $40 and Up

I play Hogan Apex Tours. Feel just like a pro v1, extremely similar actually.

Erik give them a try when you can, you wont be disappointed.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay 31.99$ plus a 40% discount at golf galaxy for the 05 nike platinums. They're real nice. I think they spin better, more druable, whiter, longer, and easier to control then the prov1. They say you have better control because it is designed for shots with "variable loads", like I said, distance control is amazing.

i play the nike one platinums, best ball ive found in awhile.

but on the cheaper side. if you arnt a low handcapper, then you have the, Nike Mojo..not too bad of a ball for $20/ a doz. or the Nike Long and soft.

ALSO ONE OF THE SOFTEST AND GREATEST BALLS IVE SEEN, WAS THE NOODLE LONG AND SOFT. THAT BALL IS KILLER..IM IMPRESSED THAT NOODLE CAME OUT WITH A GOOD BALL FOR ONCE

I've played the Pro V 1x for the last year or so, and love it. I accidentally bought, or was given by the cashier , a box of Pro V 1's, and didn't look at the box until I got to the course. I have played them for 2 rounds, and have had marginally longer, and MUCH straighter drives. My little mistake has lead to a ball switch.

In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

In response to the question which i failed to answer I pay 17.99 from Golfsmith for brand new Hogan Apex Tours. Its a 4 piece ball. They are logo overruns so if you dont mind a small logo on your ball (barely noticeable, I sift through the bin for about 10 minutes hand picking balls) then youve got a great ball at a great price, and they are extremely durable, I can get a full round in with one ball which we all know isnt easy.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I'll be sticking with the BlackMax's for a while since I just ordered 3 dozen from TGW.com. They're typically $40 (ok, $39.99) but only $29.99 on TGW with no tax, and shipping is free over $75. I've heard that this ball is going away so I decided to stock up. My last BlackMax made it 2 1/2 rounds with only minimal wear, although it did feel slightly harder than the new one that replaced it after it went to a watery grave.
What's in the bag?
Taylormade R7 Superquad
TaylorMade Burner 3W & 5W
Hogan Edge Hybrid 21*
Mizuno MX20 4-PWCleveland 588 GW & CG10 SWOdyssey 2-Ball Center ShaftTitleist NXT Tour

I've been playing a 3 piece Maxfli, but have heard good things about the Bridgestone line. Has anyone played the Bridgeston E5 or the Bridgestone Tour B330-S? I'm looking for a ball with a higher spin rate that is under the typical $40/dz price range. Looking for something around the $20-$30/dz. Cheers!

I play what i find in the woods. Since i joined a private club, i play much better balls. Rich people don't chase their ProVs in the woods.

I did buy a dozen MC Lady Precepts the other day for $10. Nice ball for the money.

Didn't Golf Digest do an article lately that said the best bargain in golf is the cheap golf ball? The performance difference between a two piece ball that cost around $20 and the 4 piece ball that cost $40 is not 100%. Also most golfers don't have the swing speed to fully realize the advantages of the high end balls.

In The Bag:
R7 425 10.5 Fujikara ReAx stiff
3,5 Wood Aldila NV 75s
Rescue Dual 16 deg 3i hyb
R7 XD steel/stiff 52deg and 56deg TP White Hot XG 2 ballHome Course: River Crossing

I have been playing the e5's this year and the only other ball I would go buy right now is the 330 or the TM black when they come out.
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

i using e6 now and i got 2 dozen at 20% discount at sales...so one box is just around $22USD...
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

I've been playing a 3 piece Maxfli, but have heard good things about the Bridgestone line. Has anyone played the Bridgeston E5 or the Bridgestone Tour B330-S? I'm looking for a ball with a higher spin rate that is under the typical $40/dz price range. Looking for something around the $20-$30/dz. Cheers!

330-s is a decent ball with decent amount of spin. I don't know if it's still on, but TGW.COM had a promo - they were selling 2-ball sleeves for 3.95 or something - $23.70 for a dozen - pretty good deal.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

330-s is a decent ball with decent amount of spin. I don't know if it's still on, but TGW.COM had a promo - they were selling 2-ball sleeves for 3.95 or something - $23.70 for a dozen - pretty good deal.

I just looked and they still have the deal but w/ a limit of 2. With shipping it is not all that great of a deal anymore... unless you want to try the e5 and e6 (2.95/2 pk)

IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

limit of 2? I got 15 of the 2 packs w/o problem (free shipping over $75)... oh well. I guess they realized that and put the limit on

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I normally play Titleist NXT-Tours, which are 25.99 a dozen. However being on my high school golf team, I get free Pro V1x which I love. However I don't play them as often fearing I might loose one.

• 2 weeks later...
I personally like the Callaway HX-Tour. Have tried the Pro-V1 and VIx but always seem to come back to the Hx-Tour. The Blackmax is also a hell of a ball - and looking even better with the new dropped price.

Next dozen a buy will be the Taylor Made TP's just to give them a shot.

The old nike platinums are one of the most scientifically sound balls and very cheap. 30 buks and a lot better than the prov1, i think. Distance Control is superb, the urethene cover is very durable, the most durable ive used in premium balls, its also the farthest, and straigtest thanks to low compression. Check the charts, this balls is sound.

I play the ProV1x on the wet days, the ProV1 on dry days.

www.lostgolfballs.com I think are the best for used golf balls. Anyone who thinks that spending an extra 25 bucks a dozen for brand new balls is only wasting their money. I highly reccomend them.

• 2 weeks later...
Call me cheap but during the summer when I don't have any serious matches and am just practicing for the sake of practicing, than I usually play recycled ProV1's that I get from my local Golf Galaxy for $36 for 3 dozen. Sure they may have some wear and tear on them but they keep me in the rhythm with the balls that I use for serious competition and they are quite a steal for having just a few scratches on them. Overall for a high schooler like me, its the best way for me to go.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!