IGNORED

How Much are your Balls Worth?

Note:Β This thread is 5026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1. 1. How much do you pay for a dozen balls?

• Less than $10
    • $10 to $20
    • $20 to $30
    • $30 to $40
    • $40 and Up

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started playing, a friend handed me a big ol' bag of balls his kids scrounged from the local course.
There were Calloway, Taylormade, Titleist, MaxiFli, and assorted others.
So far, I am still playing from that bag. I weeded out all the scruffy ones and only use them for practicing chipping in my yard.
in the first few months, I went through quite a few of them, but I have played with one Taylormade, for three rounds. There were a few close moments when I though I had lost it, but I have recovered it each time.
(I supposed, I just jinxed myself, for my next round.)
Anyway, if my luck holds, I will probably be playing out of that bag for the rest of the year.

Golf is a good walk spoiled. ~Mark Twain

I've bought Wilson double dozens at tgw.com for as low as $13 during the holiday sales. I usually buy "Ball Hawk" which is a 24 pack of Top Flite logo misprinted balls from Wal Mart. The black color around the Top Flite "T" is missing. Outside of that, they look and work fine since they are brand new. I pay about $12 for 24. It is always less painful to leave a ball behind in poison ivy infested woods when it costs $.50 versus $4.00...

My Titleist SC85 Bag holds:

Callaway Hyper X Driver - 10 Degree
Cobra Bafflers 1, 3 & 4
Cobra 3100 I/H Irons 5-GWTitleist Vokey Wedges 54 & 58PiNG i-Series Anser 4 PutterCallaway Big Bertha & Warbird Balls

• 2 years later...
I used to play the TM Burner's but now I just buy used Pro V1x's at around $11-$12/dozen from Knetgolf. Nice and straight off the tee and lots of spin to hold on greens.
In my OGIO Kingpin bag:
Driver/Wood - Callaway Hyper X 10*, Ping G10 (3)
Hybrids - Adams IDEA A3 Boxer (3) 19*, Adams IDEA TECH A4OS (5) 25*
Irons/Wedges - TaylorMade R7 5-PW, Titleist Vokey 52* Gap, 56* Sand and 60* Lob
Putter - Nike Ignite 002

I'm philosophically opposed to spending a fortune on golf balls but by the same token I don't go with cheapies either (I have a gross of Wilson "Jack" balls I won in a tournament 7 years ago that to this day sit in my closet unused and unloved). I am currently evaluating Noodle "Easy Distance" balls which are working pretty well for me. At $14.99 a dozen the price/performance tradeoff is pretty attractive compared to the Titleist Pro V1's I've been using since about 2001. I like the Nike One Black also but I think the Noodle beats it in the price/performance comparison as well.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Wilson Staff FG Tour, $29/doz + $1 shipping.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Freeeee go swimming in a pond right next to my apt, which happens to be the worst water island in the area lol

Driver:Β adams.gifΒ Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood:Β adams.gifΒ Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids:Β taylormade.gifΒ Rescue 18* 3H -Β 22* 4H

Irons:Β callaway.gifΒ X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges:Β cleveland.gifΒ CG15 52, 56

Β 

Putter:Β odyssey.gifΒ PT 82

Ball:Β Β e6

I usually buy the mixed ball set of mint AAAAA recycled Nikes for about $.050 a ball on golfballnut.com. Every once in a while I'll try out some others from Dick's like the Bridgestone E6. I've had some Pro V1's that were gifted to me and I like them, but not enough to spend $40 a dozen.... not at my skill level at least.

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

Where do you get those from?

Overstock.com while they last!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

i just cant spend over 40 for golf balls. i got prov1's and v1x's free through my h.s.. golf team we got a few dozen each year...

so ive been using them all summer, but soon i will run out. from there i will go to something in the 30 dollar range!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i'm still trying to decide on a ball but i don't think i could spend over 30. i like the new NXT's which are around $26. Other times i just go with what's on sale to experiment. Nike pd softs, bridgestone e6 (last years), srixon ad333, etc. most of those are around $20 a dozen. bought some of the v1 gamers last week for $10 but i won't make that mistake again.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

I get them used from Ebay for $15-25 a dozen.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

$0

I find all my golf balls

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I can get 24 assorted titeist balls for about $12. So I usually play titleist something. I prefer the DT SOLO, or the Pro V1.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

I was scared to open this one up, with a title like that.

But I order mine from Lostgolfballs.com and get a good ball for a little price, so although I might only be spending 20.00/dz, I'm getting a much more expensive ball for the price. I still lose too many to pay the full price at the pro shop.

I start a round telling my self that I'm going for the middle of the fairway and take safe shots just to keep from loosing any. I usually make it to about the 8th or 9th hold before I lose one and then it seems that it's a mental thing after that. I'll probably lose 2 or 3 more before the end of the round. Not sure what's happening there, but it might be that since I've failed at my original goal, I tend to let the "big dog eat" on the following tee shots.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

Note:Β This thread is 5026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!