IGNORED

How Much are your Balls Worth?

Note: This thread is 3958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much do you pay for a dozen balls?

• Less than $10
    • $10 to $20
    • $20 to $30
    • $30 to $40
    • $40 and Up

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started playing, a friend handed me a big ol' bag of balls his kids scrounged from the local course.
There were Calloway, Taylormade, Titleist, MaxiFli, and assorted others.
So far, I am still playing from that bag. I weeded out all the scruffy ones and only use them for practicing chipping in my yard.
in the first few months, I went through quite a few of them, but I have played with one Taylormade, for three rounds. There were a few close moments when I though I had lost it, but I have recovered it each time.
(I supposed, I just jinxed myself, for my next round.)
Anyway, if my luck holds, I will probably be playing out of that bag for the rest of the year.

I've bought Wilson double dozens at tgw.com for as low as $13 during the holiday sales. I usually buy "Ball Hawk" which is a 24 pack of Top Flite logo misprinted balls from Wal Mart. The black color around the Top Flite "T" is missing. Outside of that, they look and work fine since they are brand new. I pay about $12 for 24. It is always less painful to leave a ball behind in poison ivy infested woods when it costs $.50 versus $4.00...

• 2 years later...
I used to play the TM Burner's but now I just buy used Pro V1x's at around $11-$12/dozen from Knetgolf. Nice and straight off the tee and lots of spin to hold on greens.

I'm philosophically opposed to spending a fortune on golf balls but by the same token I don't go with cheapies either (I have a gross of Wilson "Jack" balls I won in a tournament 7 years ago that to this day sit in my closet unused and unloved). I am currently evaluating Noodle "Easy Distance" balls which are working pretty well for me. At $14.99 a dozen the price/performance tradeoff is pretty attractive compared to the Titleist Pro V1's I've been using since about 2001. I like the Nike One Black also but I think the Noodle beats it in the price/performance comparison as well.

I have yet to pay for any balls because my buddy works at a course and gives me tons of slightly used balls for free (mostly prov1s and v1xs)

I usually buy the mixed ball set of mint AAAAA recycled Nikes for about $.050 a ball on golfballnut.com. Every once in a while I'll try out some others from Dick's like the Bridgestone E6. I've had some Pro V1's that were gifted to me and I like them, but not enough to spend $40 a dozen.... not at my skill level at least.

i just cant spend over 40 for golf balls. i got prov1's and v1x's free through my h.s.. golf team we got a few dozen each year...

so ive been using them all summer, but soon i will run out. from there i will go to something in the 30 dollar range!

i'm still trying to decide on a ball but i don't think i could spend over 30. i like the new NXT's which are around $26. Other times i just go with what's on sale to experiment. Nike pd softs, bridgestone e6 (last years), srixon ad333, etc. most of those are around $20 a dozen. bought some of the v1 gamers last week for $10 but i won't make that mistake again.

I was scared to open this one up, with a title like that.

But I order mine from Lostgolfballs.com and get a good ball for a little price, so although I might only be spending 20.00/dz, I'm getting a much more expensive ball for the price. I still lose too many to pay the full price at the pro shop.

I start a round telling my self that I'm going for the middle of the fairway and take safe shots just to keep from loosing any. I usually make it to about the 8th or 9th hold before I lose one and then it seems that it's a mental thing after that. I'll probably lose 2 or 3 more before the end of the round. Not sure what's happening there, but it might be that since I've failed at my original goal, I tend to let the "big dog eat" on the following tee shots.

Note: This thread is 3958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!