IGNORED

Recommend a Push Cart

Note: This thread is 5305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Always spend enough to have no regrets. If it doesn't make you smile when you see it you did not spend enough.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I have a Sun Mountain speed cart and think it one of the best available.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Simple: $200 is "not too expensive" for most golfers. Putters and drivers cost more. Two wedges cost more. You get what you pay for: spend < $100 and you'll likely spend the $200 to get a good cart not long after, and then you'll have spent $300 instead of just $200.

I would agree, spending the extra money now will save you in the long run. I bought the Clicgear 2.0 this year and figure it saved me around $100 in cart fees.

To the OP, I used a pull cart many years ago and found that it put too much strain on my shoulder. Having in the cart in front and basically being able to walk normal, I feel is a big advantage. Plus you can let it roll down small inclines.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I got back into the game about 1.5 years ago after a multiyear layoff. I gave myself a small budget to work with for golf gear upgrades.

I was playing some pretty dated woods and irons....even so the highest priority items were: new bag (old one was falling appart), shoes (old ones were thrown out years before), moisture wicking shirts (greatest invention ever) and a pull cart (could've bought one of the new 460cc drivers...but opted for something I'd find even more useful).

I researched the cart heavily here and on other sites. I was scared that I was "too tall" for this cart and it'd be a pain. Fortunately a local store had then in stock and I was able to play around with one in the store.

I was amazed at how small it folds up. It will fit in the footwell of the backseat of my vehicle.

I was a happy camper on the maiden voyage.

The cart is a breeze to adjust on the fly. You can change the handle angle very easliy as you are walking...I do this sometimes if I'm going up or down a steep grade.

The cart is so stable that I let it go on downhill walks. It will roll along, even at crazy high speeds and stay online. You can easily adjust the tracking if you ever need to. Mine was perfectly adjusted out of the box.

They are fairly heavy as others have mentioned. The heft is only noticable to me when I'm picking it up to lift from my vehicle. The heft doesn't bother me a bit when pushing it. It rolls with supreme ease. The airless tires are the ticket. My cart is stored in the garage during the hot months and I don't have to fool around with pumping up tires prior to use after this time off. My father is constantly griping about his carts "aired" tires.

1.5 years later....I've changed every club in my bag and the bag itself....but the 2.0 is a mainstay. I'm looking forward to the cooler months ahead when I can walk my rounds.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I just want to add that now you can get them for about $160 if you look around or wait for friends/family sales.

BTW... excellent post Dub! Really liking the look of your setup.... mine is a green version of the same bag with an orange clicgear.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I just want to add that now you can get them for about $160 if you look around or wait for friends/family sales.

Sounds cool....green and orange!!!!

My new bag is black / white / red. No significance...just a solid deal.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I did some major research on this "Push Cart" thing ............ and I found a pretty decent comparison...... http://www.deeprough.com/index.php/2...y-compact-600/

I went with the Bag Boy .... Due to the fact that I only paid $50.00 from a friend of a friend, who only used it for 4 rounds while his Sun Mountain was being repaired.

Had I not been at the right place at the right time.... I would have still purchased this "new" for the full price. Not one complaint after 30+ rounds.

So if you can still find one, give it a shot.... you'll be happy.
Driver - Cleveland HiBore 9.5
Wood - Taylor Made V Steel TS 3W
IW - Nickent 3DX Ironwood DC 3IW
Irons - Taylor Made Burner OS 5-PW
Wedges - Zevo 52...56Putter - MacGregor by Bobby Grace DCT Sunset

I ended up going with a JEF Steel Pull Cart from Dick's. It was $30. I had a $30 gift certificate so it cost me nothing. It's very light and folds easily. Certainly no bells and whistles. I haven't tried it yet. Start to Sunday and frost delay canceled my round.

I really wanted to stay cheap to see how much use I get out of it. I prefer to walk but often ride depending on the course. If I end up using it a lot, I'll look at upgrading down the road.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I ended up going with a JEF Steel Pull Cart from Dick's. It was $30. I had a $30 gift certificate so it cost me nothing.

OP, thanks for following up with your choice. I'll take a look at the cart you chose at Dick's myself. Too bad no one on the board could give you much guidance for an "inexpensive" cart.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

OP, thanks for following up with your choice. I'll take a look at the cart you chose at Dick's myself. Too bad no one on the board could give you much guidance for an "inexpensive" cart.

Frankly I think that's because no one will recommend these due to the fact they kind of suck. I have not used either a 2 or 3 wheeled (pull or push) cart but I play with two guys at different times that use each.

The guy using the two wheeled cart huffs and puffs even though he's in better shape than I am. It's always falling over or getting flipped on a hill and just generally being a pain in the ass. I look at that and think - "Man; I'm glad I just carry my bag." The guy using the 3 wheeled cart makes it look so smooth. It never gets in the way. Never see him struggling on a slope, and it never tries to flip around on them either. He just lets it go and walks behind it on downhill grades. I look at that and think - "Man; I gotta get ones of those carts." I can understand the logic of wanting to try the experience for less $$ before committing more to it, but I don't think you are getting a taste of the same experience as observed by someone with a setup like Dub's. I like/applaud the fact that the board members of the SandTrap don't recommend something just because it's cheap :) To the OP - O hope you enjoy and have better luck with the two-wheeler than my friend...
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

I can understand the logic of wanting to try the experience for less $$ before committing more to it, but I don't think you are getting a taste of the same experience as observed by someone with a setup like Dub's.

Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean. But the guy obviously didn't want to spend a lot of money. Three pages of people raving about the Clicgear really didn't help him at all.

I do like your analysis of a 2-wheeler vs a 3-wheeler, and I think you're right. But there are 3-wheelers out there cheaper than $200 - I saw one on the Dick's website for under $100. Probably we should have said something like "Whatever you do, get a 3-wheeler. And if you don't get the Clicgear and instead get a sub-$100 one from Dick's, here's what you'll be missing." It's possible that the benefits of the Clicgear won't mean much to the OP.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Note: This thread is 5305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!