IGNORED

How far do you fly a six iron? Shaft?

Note: This thread is 4263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Say you're in the fairway with a good lie, the greens are fairways are soft so you have to fly it to the green - what is your optimum distance to hit a 6 iron. Assuming calm conditions, 85˚ weather, low humidity, even elevation from ball to green...

This is a two parter.

How far do you fly a six iron? & What is your what shaft (brand and flex) is in your six iron?

I'll start.

I fly a 6 iron 185. My 6 iron swing speed is in the mid/high 80s. I have PX 6.0 shafts.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

160-165 PX 5.5 I can hit it 175 if I want to. The other huge variable is I golf in at Sea Level in the Pacific Northwest - The air is thicker and moister here and balls don't fly nearly as long. When I am in Pheonix my regular swing with a 6 iron is more like 175-180

177-187 6 iron Taylormade R7. Steel shaft and regular flex. Ball very high hard to see, comes straight down soft landing on green. Titleist ball most preferred. Will play a soft Pinnacle gold but it rolls more.

Say you're in the fairway with a good lie, the greens are fairways are soft so you have to fly it to the green - what is your optimum distance to hit a 6 iron. Assuming calm conditions, 85˚ weather, low humidity, even elevation from ball to green...

Solid Stable Swing 180-185.

If I kill it, 190. Mizuno MP 67 S300

170ish easy - 180ish hard. DG X-100 shaft.

It all depends on the conditions and the shot I want to hit. I can go a little more or a little less if needed, but that is the ball park.

My 6 iron is my 160-170 yard stick.

I don't have a clue what the 6i ss is....my driver ss is ~105mph.

All my irons and wedges have the AWT Stiff shaft.

Note: This thread is 4263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.